• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Love is in the Air - Valentines Event

DeletedUser5827

I like the quest. It feels like a vacation after the flurry one!
The only thing I like is kinda petty, but it always seems that a butt ugly guy gets a pretty girl. This has always irked me in many forms. Personal pet peeve, even as a child.

I am trying to time it so I go to the next chapter to win a prize that is better than what I am gonna get now. Not sure if I am going to make it, but it will be fun trying.

I appreciate the quests!

(edit part) The line always bothers me because it is ALWAYS a pretty girl. Doesn't matter if the guy is ugly or super handsome, the girl always has to be pretty. Guys can be anything but girls can't? crazy. Just that. :)

DeletedUser6085

I'm not even trying for the event. The end rewards aren't worth it. It takes too long for me to finish scouting a province and, right now, I can't negotiate or fight a province until I get into the orcs and goblins research. Also, I can do without the cartoon pop-ups. I think they're silly, fail to tell the story and are generally made for children. Give me a more mature type story-line. Though I have found, if you hit "awesome" quickly enough, the pop-up doesn't happen.

EarthbornIcarus

At first, I was exited to play my first quest.

But- the basic level of Greed shown by the owners policies, their chosen ratio of how much game play diamonds can buy, (not much) etc, all the bugs, crashes, <<<REALLY??? changes to game etc...so very many unhappy players.....starting to not be so fun. Players are talking of nothing else, and many are leaving.

INNO seems like they don't care about happy players- they care about money, and finding ways to force players into buying more diamonds or not be able to play.

The pay rate that they set for players to advance is astronomical- they give only tiny rewards, charge an arm & leg for everything, and it only keeps escalating each time you make one small advance.

Yes, you can choose to play free, stay small, not compete in quests, not keep up with fellows, etc etc. BORING.

$20 for one small 5x5 pixelated square? What does 500 diamonds buy? NOT MUCH OF ANYTHING.

How about keeping your players happy, letting them have a FAIR AMOUNT of value for cash- like months worth of diamonds for $20 instead of the 3-seconds of game play it gives now. If you spend $20 you should have something of real value for it, not a hyper-overpriced piece of digital nothing that you will lose if you ever get bored and leave.

More happy players, more $$ in the long run, try and figure that out.

But- probably what will happen here, is NOTHING.
They will continue to create ways to make the game harder & harder for those who don't cough up cash-to-play over & over.

My question for high-rank players:
How much have you spent on this game?
Go ahead, SCARE US.

DeletedUser6572

I think so too. I love the way the reward buildings look, A little pink to fit the occasion, but not too much so as to be tacky. They go with the elvish theme very nicely and I love the way they fit together so seamlessly. Someone put a lot of "heart" into it. ;)

DeletedUser4372

i finished, i got the buildings and they are much better than most are whining they are. I think people look at the first tier building and think that is what they will get, even though they are on a much higher level, the buildings scale to your level folks. live, play, learn. its half the fun :+)

DeletedUser6656

I think you should probably give a little bit more time to complete these quests. I had to change my entire city around just to accommodate POSSIBLY finishing in the allotted time. Not everyone has enough supplies and buildings to afford to make 5 items that take a day and 3 more that take 2 days to finish -- in one quest. I'm starting to think this entire thing was a waste of my damned time, since you had to have implemented some steps that take 2 days to finish. Absolutely ridiculous.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
There's only one step that takes two days. If you started late, it will be tough, but if you started at the beginning, even a casual player should be able to complete it, though, yes, you might have to tear down a couple of things to build more level on factories. And if your boost is steel, it's definitely harder.

DeletedUser6656

There's only one step that takes two days. If you started late, it will be tough, but if you started at the beginning, even a casual player should be able to complete it, though, yes, you might have to tear down a couple of things to build more level on factories. And if your boost is steel, it's definitely harder.

I did start immediately. It's good to know there's only one that takes 2 days. I was starting to think these quests are going to take longer and longer to fulfill. With 5 left and only 4 days to go, it's definitely a little unnerving to say the least.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
The thing you'll need to watch is that you have to spend 20kp and complete a tech in the tree at the end, so make sure you have a tech mostly finished, (or even finished but not activated) and try to have your KP bar full when your fourth building is going to finish upgrading, so you can hit ten out right away, otherwise that 20 could take most of a day unless you want to buy a bunch or conquer a bunch of provinces.

Also, make sure that when your 2-day production finishes, your Barracks has as many troops sitting in it as you can manage, as the 400 troops can take a while at lower levels.

An ignored optional-troop-size upgrade from earlier in the tree may be the fastest tech to finish if you happen to have any lying around

DeletedUser6656

The thing you'll need to watch is that you have to spend 20kp and complete a tech in the tree at the end, so make sure you have a tech mostly finished, (or even finished but not activated) and try to have your KP bar full when your fourth building is going to finish upgrading, so you can hit ten out right away, otherwise that 20 could take most of a day unless you want to buy a bunch or conquer a bunch of provinces.

Also, make sure that when your 2-day production finishes, your Barracks has as many troops sitting in it as you can manage, as the 400 troops can take a while at lower levels.

An ignored optional-troop-size upgrade from earlier in the tree may be the fastest tech to finish if you happen to have any lying around
thanks for the heads up on all of this!

DeletedUser6085

I want to know what is going on. I haven't been trying to do the quest, yet, somehow, I just received both prizes. I thought it had something to do with the tournament. Someone said there's a bug. The line quest is still there, the Valentine's Quest icon is gone and the complete all 23 quests icon is gone. What gives????

DeletedUser1036

I want to know what is going on. I haven't been trying to do the quest, yet, somehow, I just received both prizes. I thought it had something to do with the tournament. Someone said there's a bug. The line quest is still there, the Valentine's Quest icon is gone and the complete all 23 quests icon is gone. What gives????

Same here.....

DeletedUser4537

Same here.....
It was a bug -- and some people randomly had it all of a sudden finish with the end of the tournament. I don't think they'll try to take them back though because the timer disappeared as well. It would be most unfair to get through most of it, only to be unable to finish because of their bug. Both my cities received the prizes (glad too, it was really hairy to try to finish for my chapter 1 to 2 city!

DeletedUser2963

Even though the timer is gone, the quest line is still there...I really hope they don't "fix" this by taking back the buildings, but to insure you get to keep them you might want to still finish. Not really an issue for those who decided "meh" early on. They don't want them anyway.

DeletedUser5218

At first, I was exited to play my first quest.

But- the basic level of Greed shown by the owners policies, their chosen ratio of how much game play diamonds can buy, (not much) etc, all the bugs, crashes, <<<REALLY??? changes to game etc...so very many unhappy players.....starting to not be so fun. Players are talking of nothing else, and many are leaving.

INNO seems like they don't care about happy players- they care about money, and finding ways to force players into buying more diamonds or not be able to play.

The pay rate that they set for players to advance is astronomical- they give only tiny rewards, charge an arm & leg for everything, and it only keeps escalating each time you make one small advance.

Yes, you can choose to play free, stay small, not compete in quests, not keep up with fellows, etc etc. BORING.

$20 for one small 5x5 pixelated square? What does 500 diamonds buy? NOT MUCH OF ANYTHING.

How about keeping your players happy, letting them have a FAIR AMOUNT of value for cash- like months worth of diamonds for $20 instead of the 3-seconds of game play it gives now. If you spend $20 you should have something of real value for it, not a hyper-overpriced piece of digital nothing that you will lose if you ever get bored and leave.

More happy players, more $$ in the long run, try and figure that out.

But- probably what will happen here, is NOTHING.
They will continue to create ways to make the game harder & harder for those who don't cough up cash-to-play over & over.

My question for high-rank players:
How much have you spent on this game?
Go ahead, SCARE US.

Having had a successful career in marketing (ie: keeping the customer happy and coming back again and again), I hope that the game makers are learning that keeping the average masses happy and playing, thus paying, is far better than taking advantage of the few who will shell out huge amounts to play a game. My husband and son are career programmer/tech/artisan guys, and like our game makers, have need of an income like everyone else. That being said, I don't mind making purchases along the way, for me, out of admiration and appreciation of what these guys and gals do. I think the average player would consider a fairly designed game worth the cost of a fast food meal every now and then. I think INNO group is still learning how to make this game work. I suggest they spend some of their free time playing Planet Coaster, which I think is almost a teaching model for how to build entertainment with financial success.

DeletedUser4262

I also got both buildings with just a few quests yet to finish. Thought I would be able to finish them all in time but the timer is gone so not sure how much time would have remained. I also have the quest line still there and plan on finishing them so hopefully they do not take the 2 buildings away. It would be a shame if bugs against a player is usually fixed but not rewarded so a bug in favor of the player should be considered good will :)

EarthbornIcarus

Having had a successful career in marketing (ie: keeping the customer happy and coming back again and again), I hope that the game makers are learning that keeping the average masses happy and playing, thus paying, is far better than taking advantage of the few who will shell out huge amounts to play a game. My husband and son are career programmer/tech/artisan guys, and like our game makers, have need of an income like everyone else. That being said, I don't mind making purchases along the way, for me, out of admiration and appreciation of what these guys and gals do. I think the average player would consider a fairly designed game worth the cost of a fast food meal every now and then. I think INNO group is still learning how to make this game work. I suggest they spend some of their free time playing Planet Coaster, which I think is almost a teaching model for how to build entertainment with financial success.
Thanks, good info. I agree, and I have always been willing to pay some for the game...even on an on-going basis, to support them.

I know about that kind of support, as a fine arts painter for many years. It really sucks when someone asks for free work or a huge discount.

However, after shelling out big bucks for a package deal that should have bought 3 expansions, they tricked me, and it was only good for 2 , because they raised the price of each expansion (after I bought the package) , and I was left only 5 diamonds short of being able to do the 3rd. I was SO enraged. It seemed like they use their marketing knowledge to just screw us over at every turn, ON PURPOSE...knowing that, if you are just 5 diamonds short of that next expansion, you will most likely buy more. Given that it probably works most of the time, and makes them gobs more money- I am guessing they won't quit any time soon. $500 million last year wasn't enough? I am sad that a game with so much potential, has to be poisoned with so much unhappy anger towards the creators. Every player that I have talked to says the same. It's a Player-Beware game.