• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Mama Juul's Fusion Feast

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
View attachment 15634

well that didnt take long for a bs quest to show up. Finish prov; no or. And we all know, that Inno knows, how problematic that quest can be some some players. Eithers those at/near the end of chapters, those stopped in the tech tree, or those over scouted. And Inno took them out or offered an 'or' to help ppl. But have recently started adding these bs quests back in with no other options. Its a damn shame...

quest2.jpg

followed by this... are you ****ing me?

Moho

Chef
followed by this
Which clearly shows their intent. Anyone who cares about players' satisfaction would have asked them to solve three encounters first, and complete a province afterwards (not the other way around).

Of course Inno is entitled to make any decisions they want - it's their game. But if they continue to antagonize players it will be very easy for a competitor to advertize its own game by saying it offers the same stuff as Inno, except for the mistreatment.

Yeah, it's awesome when it takes three days to scout a province. It's great for my little cities but royally sucks for my main city. Also, what are the set buildings that are bonuses in the silver and gold? I've not heard of them.

Pheryll

Set Designer
Yeah, it's awesome when it takes three days to scout a province. It's great for my little cities but royally sucks for my main city. Also, what are the set buildings that are bonuses in the silver and gold? I've not heard of them.
It was a mini-event (a small number of quests and no event currency) of the past, one of the earlier uses of set buildings (this set only containing two buildings).

Moho

Chef
idavis has a video for how to play this event
Thank you for your recommendations. I've just watched them both. I didn't participate in the previous event involving a merging game because I was absent from Elvenar for about 4 months.

One of my Season daily tasks today was to prepare an order for a customer in the event. This is how I noticed the Daily Prize was a building I could use. My city can handle the Tournament both militarily and through catering. I have accumulated a lot of military instants and military buildings, so I think I could use some buildings that produce goods too. The Simmering Soup building looked like something I could benefit from. So I tried to get it.

I was not able to obtain the Daily Prize in my first city, and I did my best. On the other hand, I was happy to get the first artifact for the event main building, which I want to keep for its military production. I'm pretty sure I did not play this very well, but I don't think I played it very badly either. It took me about 400 event currency to reach the milestone that gave me the artifact, which happened in my next two cities as well. However, I was able to secure one Daily Prize in each of the other two cities.

My chief objective is to obtain artifacts for the event main building. I'm not sure I used my event currency very well.

1. I followed idavis's advice to keep the preparation table free and organized.
2. I didn't discard anything. I did my best to match the ingredients I spawned or merged with the existing orders.
3. I didn't discard any order, especially because I didn't know which were the best for my goal.

So now my question is: What orders should I keep and/or handle so that I will be able to get as many artifacts as possible?
Has anybody figured that out?

Last edited:

MaidenFair

Chef - Head Philologist
So now my question is: What orders should I keep and/or handle so that I will be able to get as many artifacts as possible?
Has anybody figured that out?
You’ll need to figure out which orders are the cheapest and discard all the rest. Unfortunately this involves doing a little math for each and every order, because they are all different. My method is to count each dish as the most level one spawns it would require (so, a level 1 dish is 1, lvl 2 is 2, lvl 3 is 4, lvl 4 is 8, lvl 5 is 16, and lvl 6 is 32), then add those together (e.g. if you have an order asking for a level 2 dish, a level 5, and a level 6 dish that equals 50), then divide by the number of stars you’ll get for completing it (if you get 4 stars for it, the last example would be a 12.5). Then you just have to see a number of orders to get a feel for what kinds of numbers are on the low end of the spectrum. I’ve found several 12s, so I’ve been discarding anything over a 13 so far.

This method worked very well for me in the last event. However, be aware that it involves discarding most of the orders, so don’t expect to dump all your currency on one day because you’ll spend a fair amount of time waiting for new orders, or have to start fulfilling expensive, subpar ones and impair your artefact progress. :)

Moho

Chef
This method worked very well for me in the last event. However, be aware that it involves discarding most of the orders, so don’t expect to dump all your currency on one day because you’ll spend a fair amount of time waiting for new orders, or have to start fulfilling expensive, subpar ones and impair your artefact progress.
Thank you. This a very good tip. I'll take it into account.

Good information regarding the math we're supposed to do to get the best deals. Hm, sorry Inno, but I will play intuitively. I haven't used math for fun for a very long time and I won't start to do it now. I know it's simple math but I don't enjoy doing it. So instead I operate with elements of logic mingled with arithmetic. I hope it'll work.

This is the reason why I mentioned the fact that I used about 400 chef hats to reach the first milestone and get the artifact. Does 400 chef hats seem too large a number to go from milestone to milestone and secure the artifacts I need to evolve the main building?

BrinDarby

@Moho , last event like this I think I only used 2-3 deals.
I spent alotta time trying to get the right deals, so MaidenFair
is right, that this isn't the "do all on 1 day" event. I also know
hopefully you win those bonus thingies, and then hope they
give you more currency.

Example, using MaidenFair's = or < 13 rule.... each 20 pt,
would cost 260 currency , so 400 seems a bit high ... if you're
on the GP only strategy. So far I haven't played yet, and I
need to see the deals better to say which deals I'll take.
I just want artifacts too......

MaidenFair

Chef - Head Philologist
Thank you. This a very good tip. I'll take it into account.

Good information regarding the math we're supposed to do to get the best deals. Hm, sorry Inno, but I will play intuitively. I haven't used math for fun for a very long time and I won't start to do it now. I know it's simple math but I don't enjoy doing it. So instead I operate with elements of logic mingled with arithmetic. I hope it'll work.
I don’t think Inno expects us to do math, that’s just my stubborn way of refusing to spend real money which I can’t afford but intending to finish well in events any way. ;)
This is the reason why I mentioned the fact that I used about 400 chef hats to reach the first milestone and get the artifact. Does 400 chef hats seem too large a number to go from milestone to milestone and secure the artifacts I need to evolve the main building?
I haven’t fulfilled more than a few offers so far (close to changing chapters), so take this for what it’s worth, but that sounds awfully high to me. I think there’s only 2255 currency available from the quest line, if I read IDavis right, and you’d need 5200 at that rate to fully evolve the building…

Moho

Chef
Example, using MaidenFair's = or < 13 rule.... each 20 pt,
would cost 260 currency , so 400 seems a bit high
All right, thank you, I understand. I think I can improve my skills and bring that number down to 300. It may not be enough to obtain 9 artifacts but I'm not worried. I only want Mama's Kitchen for the troops, and the funny thing is that a level 7 Kitchen produces the same number of troops as a 10 level Kitchen. So, I think, I'm on the right path. :)

Moho

Chef
I haven’t fulfilled more than a few offers so far (close to changing chapters), so take this for what it’s worth, but that sounds awfully high to me. I think there’s only 2255 currency available from the quest line, if I read IDavis right, and you’d need 5200 at that rate to fully evolve the building…
Thank you. Like I've just said in the post above, my goal is to get a level 7 Mama's Kitchen. So far it seems to be doable. :)

Moho

Chef
This is what I was asking the other day in a different thread here:
I play this game mainly for the events and the Spire. I abandoned it for about four months and did not participate in the previous merge type event. This may be a problem because it appears to involve a high level of difficulty.

On the other hand, I may not need a fully evolved building. The rewards of the Juul's Traveling Kitchen will be randomly generated as follows:

chances from LEVEL 1 to LEVEL 3 - coins (40%) / Orc Strategist (30%) / Orc Warrior (30%)
chances from LEVEL 4 to LEVEL 7 - coins (30%) / Orc Strategist (25%) / Orc Warrior (25%) / supplies (20%)
chances for LEVELS 8 & 9 - coins (30%) / Orc Strategist (20%) / Orc Warrior (20%) / supplies (20%) / spell fragments (10%)
chances for LEVEEL 10 - coins (29%) / Orc Strategist (20%) / Orc Warrior (20%) / supplies (20%) / spell fragments (10%) / pet food (1%)

I would like to use this building only for the troops. It seems that it would be more advantageous for me to evolve this building to at most level 7 so that I would enjoy decent numbers both in terms of troops and chances to get them.

I wonder if this sounds like feasible idea.

And @Sodbury was nice to clarify the situation:
According to idavis (awesome), the percentages change as you say but the quantities also change:
(Example numbers from my own fairy chapter.)
At level 7: 400 Orc Strategist (25%) / 400 Orc Warrior (25%)
At level 10: 500 Orc Strategist (20%) / 500 Orc Warrior (20%)
A 50% chance of winning 400 orcs each day will get you 0.5 * 400 = 200 orcs/day on average.
A 40% chance of winning 500 orcs each day will get you 0.4 * 500 = 200 orcs/day on average.
Therefore, I will only evolve Mama's Kitchen to level 10 if it rains artifacts but I'm afraid the weather will be unusually dry in Elvenar this late spring.