• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

News from Beta - May Contain Spoilers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Lol @crackie
Yeah some folks were excited over a potential change to Spire rewards, there was some debate - accidental reversion to a previous set, outright bug, or intentional change, and we were warned, don't expect any quick answers. I intend to check this week's Spire carefully tomorrow.

I thought y'all would enjoy the food themed event. ;)

Lelanya

We have details on Mama Juul's kitchen. It will be a standard length 3 week event, and it's a merge type event. I have loaded the link in my Event Scroll summary of events, but here it is again.

Moho

Chef
We have details on Mama Juul's kitchen.
I play this game mainly for the events and the Spire. I abandoned it for about four months and did not participate in the previous merge type event. This may be a problem because it appears to involve a high level of difficulty.

On the other hand, I may not need a fully evolved building. The rewards of the Juul's Traveling Kitchen will be randomly generated as follows:

chances from LEVEL 1 to LEVEL 3 - coins (40%) / Orc Strategist (30%) / Orc Warrior (30%)
chances from LEVEL 4 to LEVEL 7 - coins (30%) / Orc Strategist (25%) / Orc Warrior (25%) / supplies (20%)
chances for LEVELS 8 & 9 - coins (30%) / Orc Strategist (20%) / Orc Warrior (20%) / supplies (20%) / spell fragments (10%)
chances for LEVEEL 10 - coins (29%) / Orc Strategist (20%) / Orc Warrior (20%) / supplies (20%) / spell fragments (10%) / pet food (1%)

I would like to use this building only for the troops. It seems that it would be more advantageous for me to evolve this building to at most level 7 so that I would enjoy decent numbers both in terms of troops and chances to get them.

I wonder if this sounds like feasible idea.

Sodbury

I wonder if this sounds like feasible idea.
According to idavis (awesome), the percentages change as you say but the quantities also change:
(Example numbers from my own fairy chapter.)
At level 7: 400 Orc Strategist (25%) / 400 Orc Warrior (25%)
At level 10: 500 Orc Strategist (20%) / 500 Orc Warrior (20%)
A 50% chance of winning 400 orcs each day will get you 0.5 * 400 = 200 orcs/day on average.
A 40% chance of winning 500 orcs each day will get you 0.4 * 500 = 200 orcs/day on average.

So upgrade to your heart's content!

You've made me curious. Are there any buildings that I should be wary of upgrading fully?

edit: Actually, there is a dip in orc production as you go from level 7 to 8:
At level 8: 450 Orc Strategist (20%) / 450 Orc Warrior (20%)
A 40% chance of winning 450 orcs each day will get you 0.4 * 450 = 180 orcs/day on average.
But at level 9 you're golden again!

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Has a new season started yet in Beta? And if so, how far along is it? And did Beta completely finish the first Season before it was released on live worlds? Or did it go live while still underway on Beta?

Lady Dastardly

Has a new season started yet in Beta? And if so, how far along is it?
Yes. The new season (Season of Joy) started March 16th on Beta.
And did Beta completely finish the first Season before it was released on live worlds? Or did it go live while still underway on Beta?
No. Season of Dreams on Beta was still running when it launched for live worlds.

idavis has a a section on Seasons on his site. If you click the More tab, then select Seasons, you can get info about both of them.
According to him, Season of Joy will be starting for live worlds this Thursday, April 27.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Stats for Juul's Traveling Kitchen, including the random productions, can be found on Karvest's site here. Use the dropdown menus to select the building and your chapter level.
I nearly had a heart attack when I saw the building ... but then realized it was random percentages and I came back to earth slapping myself for ever thinking anything could be that good, lol.

Moho

Chef
So upgrade to your heart's content!
I am quite relieved that I don't have to struggle to obtain 9 artifacts next event since I've heard the procedure to secure them is quite a complicated one. I run parked human cities, and to be able to pasively produce more Orc Strategists and Orc Warriors is an attractive prospect.
You've made me curious. Are there any buildings that I should be wary of upgrading fully?
It depends because everyone can play this game differently (I know I do). There seems to be an abundance of T3 goods everywhere. My trader often shows trades where people offer T3 gooods in exchange for T1 or T2 goods. This is the reason why I have teleported all Glory of the Nimble buildings to my Inventory. I wish I had stopped upgrading these buildings at level 7, while they were still producing T2 goods.

Last edited:

hoopity

Yes. The new season (Season of Joy) started March 16th on Beta.

No. Season of Dreams on Beta was still running when it launched for live worlds.

idavis has a a section on Seasons on his site. If you click the More tab, then select Seasons, you can get info about both of them.
According to him, Season of Joy will be starting for live worlds this Thursday, April 27.

I got the feeling we were overdue. I wonder what the delay is about? Maybe not enough Season Pass purchases and they send it back to the shop.

Alram

Flippers just flip
I got the feeling we were overdue. I wonder what the delay is about? Maybe not enough Season Pass purchases and they send it back to the shop.
There was a 3 week break in between dreams and joy on beta. If live follows the same schedule, joy should start around May 4th.
Beta dreams ended Feb 21, beta joy started Mar 16.
Live dreams ended Apr.11.

Lelanya

According to iDavis' website, we're supposed to start Joy this Thursday, 4/27, so guess we'll find out
Yeah I tend to agree, I suspect it's this week.
I am basing that, on an analysis of when Dreams really ended on Beta - it was extended - then looked at the actual break and figured it was 20% chance of starting last week, 70% chance of starting this week, less likely but still possible, next week. Beware folks we had a huge login issue on EN this morning. If they decide that Dreams is making the update unstable, it may be put off. And I seem to recall Beta had an issue on Good Friday iirc.

Last edited:

Lelanya

Right - here are my notes:
Seasons,
Beta Dream ended February 28 Joy started March 16 - that's 16 days, but we had an odd amount of time for various reasons.
Live Dream ended on April 11 - so 16 days would put it on April 27, a Thursday, but the Seasons week begins on Wednesday, so I'd say in a little under 24 hours if I had to guess.
However, there's no Announcement here. Beta got no forewarning for either one, while we did here on live for the first one. Could still go either way imho.

elvenbee

Seasons, Beta Dream ended February 28 Joy started March 16 - that's 16 days, but we had an odd amount of time for various reasons.
Live Dream ended on April 11 - so 16 days would put it on April 27, a Thursday, but the Seasons week begins on Wednesday, so I'd say in a little under 24 hours if I had to guess.
However, there's no Announcement here. Beta got no forewarning for either one, while we did here on live for the first one. Could still go either way imho.
You are greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.