• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Moon Bear disaster

Aritra

Those who don't play the Spire will be in a different situation, of course. I would suggest to those people that they go ahead and win a few "useless" buildings to disenchant every event.
There are many who simply don't understand why I would want to disenchant anything.
Thanks for the reminder that not everyone has fragment income from the Spire and so disenchanting is necessary.
I try to get anything I can at events because at least some of that I can break down guilt-free (so-called useless buildings, for example), and other winnings can be sacrificed if I deem the fragments a more immediate necessity.

Deleted User - 1178646

There are many who simply don't understand why I would want to disenchant anything.
Thanks for the reminder that not everyone has fragment income from the Spire and so disenchanting is necessary.
I try to get anything I can at events because at least some of that I can break down guilt-free (so-called useless buildings, for example), and other winnings can be sacrificed if I deem the fragments a more immediate necessity.
Guilty. Not being in a FS is pretty rare though, and not something I ever assume.
Can't you still do the spire playing solo though?

Well I do the spire every week to the top, and since the recipe changes a while back, I am in a steady decline of spellfragments.
Unfortunatly I was a bit too late with paying attention to this event, but I also went for buildings for spellfragments, tho the best one I could get is only 9sq, instead of 16sq but so be it. I never expected that the end had only "tiny" buildings.

Next event I will most likely pay a little bit more attention to which day gives the best building to disenchant.

qaccy

they could put artifacts in crafting rotation for any evolving building easy and players would shower them with thanks and praise .. someone should suggest that to them :cool:

The current availability for evolving buildings and artifacts is honestly kind of confusing to me. Inno obviously would like players to spend (or more accurately, buy) diamonds, but it seems that as far as evolving buildings go, they'd rather funnel all of that buying into events rather than also enticing players to do so with crafting. It's possible to obtain however many copies of an evolving building and artifacts a player wants during an event; why is it explicitly impossible to do so with crafting? My guess is because the difference in cost is too extreme with how things are currently? It'd be far cheaper to obtain this stuff via crafting compared to buying it during an event, if they only required spell fragments and/or CCs. So maybe they could do away with the 'can't craft it if you already have it' restriction for the buildings and the 'exchange' setup for artifacts and have them cost blueprints, RRs, or even diamonds to craft instead? Those resources are a lot more expensive/limited, to match the value of these prizes. And I think folks would still be interested in crafting them, probably even shuffling the recipes more often trying to get them to appear.

Pheryll

Set Designer
So maybe they could do away with the 'can't craft it if you already have it' restriction for the buildings and the 'exchange' setup for artifacts and have them cost blueprints, RRs, or even diamonds to craft instead? Those resources are a lot more expensive/limited, to match the value of these prizes.

I personally think that crafting is the wrong place for evolving buildings and their artifacts and that a new interface would be preferable.

Jorollyn

When you deconstruct the event to see what is the best chest choices for the grand prize as is done for every event it should come as no surprise that INNO took that information and used it against the players in stacking this events odds.

Look at the history of events
Phoenix 2020 -- Feathers / Grand Prize -- Light Wood (19), Red (84), Gold (53)
Elvarian Carnival -- Flags / Grand Prize -- Light Wood(18), Blue (30), Gold (54)
Autumn Zodiac 2019 -- Stardust/Grand Prizes -- Chests 18, 29, 85
Mermaids -- Pearls/Grand Prizes -- Clam (18), Cantharus (29), Yellow Prickly Cockle (85)

This event
Autumn Zodiac 2020 -- Grand Prize -- Golden Keys 139, Golden Keys 121

If that does not speak volumes to you as to how the event was rigged against you then I feel sorry for you.

You forgot about the 26 point treasure chest, it will move you along faster than any of the others.

SinnerDragoon

I am also not going to get mine to level 10. I finished the last quest yesterday. I spend enough money on this game and have had this happen before. It is not at all cool that they rig it to force people to pay to win an event. I have been playing for years and this is starting to turn me away from this game. I want the last moon bear artifact or it just isn't worth it to me they can refund my $5 I spent on the event.

Isilwen the fair

I got 10 artifacts in 2 of my cities and looks like I am going to get 9 in the third. I picked the 139 and 121 point chests whenever possible. If 1 of them was not available I picked the 26 point chest if possible. The only difference is the 3 cities is that the city which only got 9 artifacts did not get as many extra keys from chests.
T

Isilwen the fair

I got 10 artifacts in 2 of my cities and looks like I am going to get 9 in the third. I picked the 139 and 121 point chests whenever possible. If 1 of them was not available I picked the 26 point chest if possible. The only difference is the 3 cities is that the city which only got 9 artifacts did not get as many extra keys from chests.
Same. I have 3 cities. I maxed 2, didn't quite reach the farris wheel in any. Got a level 9 bear in the third, but I'm still trying. Probably wont make it. Have a constellation and a half to go to get my other artifact.

qaccy

I personally think that crafting is the wrong place for evolving buildings and their artifacts and that a new interface would be preferable.
I disagree! Crafting already has buildings and instants in there, so they make perfect sense as options to me. The only caveat is the random generation of recipes, but it also serves as the best way IMO to make things regularly available without making them too common. Why create a new interface just for one type of building?

Pheryll

Set Designer
Why create a new interface just for one type of building?
It allows more freedom and options in creating an artifact gaining system if the evolving buildings were separated from crafting; it also allows the option of having more evolving buildings available. Keep in mind that they did remove a large number of evolving building bases from crafting because there was no more artifacts being offered for them, and they were cluttering options for new players who did not participate in their events. There is no reason why these buildings cannot be reintroduced once a robust artifact system is implemented, but because of the clutter, it would be much better if their interface was not in crafting.

hvariidh gwendrot

when a robust new artifact system is introduced it would be better, is that a thing developers are working on vs putting them in the current system that already exists ?

Deleted User - 4565442

I still think they should have some other way to get artifacts more reliably. Being able to craft level 1 buildings isn't helping anyone if it's going to take them years to be able to upgrade the thing.

I'm already waiting 2 years to upgrade my 3rd phoenix...

Pheryll

Set Designer
when a robust new artifact system is introduced it would be better, is that a thing developers are working on vs putting them in the current system that already exists ?
The current system is to ditch evolving buildings other than the phoenix and bear series from being offered, and to only give further artifacts for the phoenix/bear bases at a 2:1 conversion via a once a year event + FA. Many think this is too slow.

michmarc

I came up about 12 stars short of having a full bear. Aside from the randomness of which chests are offered, the randomness of whether you get the large bonus keys from chests is a big deal.

For me, I acquired 6536 keys during the event and assuming that you do all of the quests, the only random part of that is how many truffles you pick up each day. Since there are a few more truffles yet to gather today, I used 6550 as the number of keys you can expect to earn (for free).

I then did a simulation (100k runs), picking ideal chests, to see how many bear artifacts you get. Recall that you get 2 from questlines so you only need 7 here to get a fully levelled bear. The results:

4 or less: 0%
5: 34.4%
6: 55.1%
7: 9.8%
8: 0.7%
9: 0.02%
10+: 0.001%

So you'll always be within 2, and most common is to be within 1, but only about 10% will get a fully levelled bear just from the event.

[This assumes that the 9 chests are offered with equal chance.]

Aritra

@michmarc
Event is over for me. Six stardust away from ninth artifact but current quest is impossible without 11+ hours of timers (which I don't have). Bad luck timing. If only I had been able to start that quest sooner (lost some serious hours while at work, which, don't get me wrong, I am grateful to have a job, but... darn). :rolleyes: :cool:
[just commenting on how, like you, I came soooo close to ninth artifact but just not gonna happen]