• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Moon Bear

DeletedUser29768

I'm sorry but I think you are looking at the wrong figures , the Manta Ray is a very prized building in the game because of it over production compared to other buildings. Are you using the filters at the top correctly?
Okay, I'm going to walk through the math for both buildings, just to make sure we're on the same page. First manta:
Size: 4x3 - 12 squares
Mana production (chapter 10): 7,100/24h
Mana per square: 7,100 divided by 12 = 591.7
Mana per square per hour: 591 divided by 24 = 24.7

Moon bear:
Size: 3x3=9 squares
Mana production (chapter 10): 6,750/12hr or 6,750/24hr (either ElvenArchitect or iDavis' database made mistake; I'll use both figures)
Mana per square: 6,750 divided by 24 = 750
Mana per square per hour: 750 divided by 24 = 31.25 or 750 divided by 12 = 62.5

Looking at this, I would actually guess that 6,750/24hr is the correct figure (someone with a moon bear could confirm if its productions are 12hr or 24hr). Even at that, it's significantly better than a manta ray in chapter 10, though probably not in subsequent chapters. So, I agree the manta is a very good mana building; it just so happens that the moon bear outperforms it in chapters 9 & 10! So, clearly, a Stage 10 moon bear is also a very valuable building.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Yes, but Manta Ray isn't an Evolve Building. So stage isn't an issue. There is some confusion somewhere because I know for sure Manta Ray is an Awesome building. From memory I want to say it's in the top 5 of Mana producers.
At Woodelves or at Sorcerers and Dragons level, the Festival Merchant is very slightly better and a stage 10 Moon Bear is much better than a Manta Ray. However, the FM and the MB both switch to making seeds starting in Halflings. Manta Ray continues to make mana. So yes, it is a top mana producer at the advanced chapters.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Moon bear:
Size: 3x3=9 squares
Mana production (chapter 10): 6,750/12hr or 6,750/24hr (either ElvenArchitect or iDavis' database made mistake; I'll use both figures)
Mana per square: 6,750 divided by 24 = 750
Mana per square per hour: 750 divided by 24 = 31.25 or 750 divided by 12 = 62.5

Looking at this, I would actually guess that 6,750/24hr is the correct figure (someone with a moon bear could confirm if its productions are 12hr or 24hr). Even at that, it's significantly better than a manta ray in chapter 10, though probably not in subsequent chapters. So, I agree the manta is a very good mana building; it just so happens that the moon bear outperforms it in chapters 9 & 10! So, clearly, a Stage 10 moon bear is also a very valuable building.
Actually the Moon Bear is giving you mana in 2 different slots. And *each* slot gives 6,750 mana every 24 hours. So total daily production is actually 13,500 per day at stage 10.

Rp44

Many of my cities were in chapters 9-11 when the Moon Bear was the autumn event prize. I used many of the artifacts for conversions to original bear artifacts depending on the city, but I still placed the Moon Bear in almost all cities because even at stage 3 it outperformed everything but a fully connected mana plant/gum tree on a per square per hour basis.

The Manta Ray is a top mana building, no question. The Moon Bear is also a crazy efficient building for mana and seeds. In chapter 15 I still have my stage three Moon Bear at Halflings level producing seeds because it still outproduces a chapter 15 festival merchant on a per square per hour basis.

DeletedUser29768

Actually the Moon Bear is giving you mana in 2 different slots. And *each* slot gives 6,750 mana every 24 hours. So total daily production is actually 13,500 per day at stage 10.
Okay, thanks for confirming that. So that's 62.5 mana/sq/hr, which is *amazing*. It's objectively better than a festival merchant, and better than a manta ray until chapter 14! Also, a Chapter 11 Moon Bear gets 17.8 seeds/sq/hr, which (I think) is better than any other building for that chapter. ToT gets 14.2 seeds/sq/hr, and after that it goes down to 7.1 for the Amuni Ships.