• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Multiplayer Spire of Eternity feedback

Nectar of the Gods

Not sure why you feel that way. I played solo (well, an FS of one) until about chapter 5 or 6, and can't say it was particularly difficult. Yeah, fighting sucked, but no FS is going to help with that, you just need to grind out this period. On the other hand, catering was very doable, and only having neighbors to trade with wasn't too bad. And my NH was probably pretty average.

If you're in a dead zone NH this can be different, but then again, it is not specific to early chapters.
Going through it six times. A new city doesn't have the goods/supplies/gold or infrastructure to get anywhere easily. Throw in an event like the fall or winter events, and yes being in any of those three chapters sucks. But at least in chapter 3 the Spire is available. It helps to get some of the instants a young city hasn't accumulated yet to help with events. There are things being in a fellowship can not help with, but there are things being in a fellowship can help with. A fellowship of one, which is also what I did, can only go so far in getting a person what they need. It is, imo, a flaw in Inno's planning of the game to make the first three chapters a "grind". There would be less abandoned baby cities if it wasn't so difficult just to get started in the game, imo.

What does NH mean?

Nectar of the Gods

In this context, NH = neighborhood.

Ah! So easy and I missed it. I have no excuse other than I've had a nasty cold fogging my brain.

I still think that first few chapters go by very quickly, probably 1-2 months or so for the first 3. Not very grindy. If you want to see a real grind, check out chapter 15 ;)
The difference between having trouble in a later chapter and having trouble in the beginning chapters is in the later chapters the city is established and the routine set. You can play the Spire, the Tourney, FAs, Events...there is nothing stopping a player from succeeding in anything they put their mind to. Not so in the early chapters.

We have gotten quite a ways from the original thread, though. Which is multiplayer Spire feedback. So I'll go back to that--Love It! :D

mikeledo

I play in 3 10-chest FS. In spire, it has been the same in all of them. We rush up and get 8 chests (75+50 diamonds) and then we pretty much crawl to the 9th chest. I think we got or came close once to 10. One week we were 4 spots away from 9 chests with 2 people needing 4 spots to hit 75 diamonds. Nope. It didn't happen. I couldn't even contact them because they were not even online I am not sure how we could go "all out" and try to get 12 chests one week.

DeletedUser24916

Why such a downer? You're not even really complaining about the game, you just sound...really bummed out. Why is that?
I am certain that you and the rest of the forum members aren't interested in some sob story about why life sucks.
I believe in individual sovereignty very strongly and this common theme that the group is more important than the individual makes me sick.
How about this guy, so invested in the group identity of a bunch of random people on the interernet who just happened to join that group he is in, that he wants to refuse allowing others to help him.
https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/ancient-wonder-helper-restriction.20908/
Pathetic.

Beyond that, as Nectar of the Gods pointed out, this thread is not about me or my experience, it's about how the group feels about a group event,...that I can't take part in,...so therefore I really have no business being involved in this thread now do I?

Risen Malchiah

I believe in individual sovereignty very strongly and this common theme that the group is more important than the individual makes me sick.
I actually agree with individual sovereignty quite strongly. Though I don't think your individual liberties are curtailed by the trade system (other than the game choosing which goods your city specializes in).

Think of it this way. My city specializes in steel. Sure, I can make planks and marble if I choose to, but I can make 7 times more steel in the same amount of time. So, it's in my best interest to make what I specialize in, and make steel to trade for planks and marble. Even if I offer amazing 2:1 deals, I'm coming out ahead. So the game *can* be played alone. But more can be accomplished in less time by working well with others. How much of that is entirely up to you.

For the most part, events are tailored to your chapter, but it is difficult to make an event that can be played by both a chapter 15 player and a new player in chapter 1, so unfortunately new cities are likely to struggle. There are ways the developers could do better to balance events for new players (as a difficult event is sure to turn new players away), but I'm certain by the time the next event comes around, you'd be in a position to do much better.

Deleted User - 4366037

I like the added multiplayer feature. The spire itself is broken, of course, with essentially nothing past the first 1.2 floors ever being worth the cost of materials invested since the rewards do not appear to be tiered. I view the multiplayer feature, though, as simply a bonus granting various free rewards for wherever fellowship members ended up reaching that week.

Socrates28

I like the added multiplayer feature. The spire itself is broken, of course, with essentially nothing past the first 1.2 floors ever being worth the cost of materials invested since the rewards do not appear to be tiered. I view the multiplayer feature, though, as simply a bonus granting various free rewards for wherever fellowship members ended up reaching that week.
I do not think the Spire is broken per se. The first level is easy, the second difficult, and the third hard. While I agree that the rewards for the battles are relatively weak, I consider them investments (part of the cost) in getting the chance for the good rewards after the Boss fights (especially the third one). Not the gurantee of getting a Magic Building, but the chance at one. If we got one every time we would soon have all the magic buildings we wanted and quit playing it.
INNO needed to make it something which will have a long "shelf life," meaning that many players will play it often. If it does not, or players lose their desire to play it, then INNO has wasted 1,000s of hours of development time and money in adding it to the game.
I agree that the rewards are not tiered, and yet they are additive. Since I began playing the Spire I have seen my Spell Fragments, CC spells, and time boosts increase. The "tiering" comes from playing it week after week.
I especially like the multi-player addition to the Spire as well.

qaccy

Diamonds, diamonds, and more diamonds. It's only because of how huge diamond prices are that the Spire's able to give them out as the 'common' reward for Spire encounters that have them. Honestly I'd rather get KP than diamonds, but I do accept that the Spire is intended to provide completely different rewards from tournaments so it's just the way it has to be I suppose. At least I got a Dwarven Armorer this week, not gonna complain about that!

qaccy

I saw some in my FS talking about not getting their rewards either. I did see the reward popup when I first logged in this afternoon after coming home from work, but I don't recall what my inventory looked like to know whether or not I actually received them. Others mentioned not even seeing the popup, so I feel like I did get the rewards but that'd be pretty weird since it seems like nobody else in the FS did.