• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Mystery of the Misty Forest Event discussion thread

Tawneywild

I began Elvenar in March or perhaps April (can't remember exactly) - May tree (love it) was my first event. I'm in Fairy's on my elf (which is fun), and Dwarves on the human. I just have the two toons.

I am weird in that I won't put out an evolved event building unless I can evolve it all the way. Otherwise, it seems an inefficient use of precious space.

I have managed to do the quests until the end for events so far (except maybe the first one, can't remember if I got the ferris wheel on that one or not.

The first two events I got all the buildings and all the evolutions. The bear one I didn't even come close to getting all the prize buildings even though I play everyday - I simply didn't "win" the daily prizes. This one I am having to be more selective and I am also not winning - which is bad on both levels.

This Halloween event is the first one I do not anticipate obtaining enough evolutions to get the witches hut evolved all the way - I'm not sure if it's just me. I quit using the magic points for single candles, lanterns, orbs as it was too much, the 195 pack also seems lacking, therefore it takes almost two days to be able to get the 420 package and that lasts about 5 minutes of play. Rewards of any type, even cats seem few and far between.

It seems like you almost have to unmask a square, then use a candle to open it all the way up to obtain the prize. I've watched videos, and experimented with the "hover over it and you can see it" - that is not working for me unless it's unmasked already.

If your new game plan is to have an event, then a fellowship adventure for us to evolve the event building to 10 (I think I had 9 for the bear then the FA got me two more) - that is too much for me. I loved the first FA, and learned a lot so the second was better as far as stress but still too soon (in my opinion) after the first one. Even though I play consistently (if briefly throughout the day) I'm not willing to go all out for an FA after every single event. Three or four a year is plenty for an FA.

Sometimes you just want to build your city so it's like the fancy photos on social media ads, do a few tournament rounds for relics, enchantments, upgrades arrows, and get my 50 diamonds (or 100 with my two accounts) in the spire every week - and have something to look forward to.

I look forward to the Christmas/winter event and hope it's much more fun than this one.

DeletedUser8192

I began Elvenar in March or perhaps April (can't remember exactly) - May tree (love it) was my first event. I'm in Fairy's on my elf (which is fun), and Dwarves on the human. I just have the two toons.

I am weird in that I won't put out an evolved event building unless I can evolve it all the way. Otherwise, it seems an inefficient use of precious space.

I have managed to do the quests until the end for events so far (except maybe the first one, can't remember if I got the ferris wheel on that one or not.

The first two events I got all the buildings and all the evolutions. The bear one I didn't even come close to getting all the prize buildings even though I play everyday - I simply didn't "win" the daily prizes. This one I am having to be more selective and I am also not winning - which is bad on both levels.

This Halloween event is the first one I do not anticipate obtaining enough evolutions to get the witches hut evolved all the way - I'm not sure if it's just me. I quit using the magic points for single candles, lanterns, orbs as it was too much, the 195 pack also seems lacking, therefore it takes almost two days to be able to get the 420 package and that lasts about 5 minutes of play. Rewards of any type, even cats seem few and far between.

It seems like you almost have to unmask a square, then use a candle to open it all the way up to obtain the prize. I've watched videos, and experimented with the "hover over it and you can see it" - that is not working for me unless it's unmasked already.

If your new game plan is to have an event, then a fellowship adventure for us to evolve the event building to 10 (I think I had 9 for the bear then the FA got me two more) - that is too much for me. I loved the first FA, and learned a lot so the second was better as far as stress but still too soon (in my opinion) after the first one. Even though I play consistently (if briefly throughout the day) I'm not willing to go all out for an FA after every single event. Three or four a year is plenty for an FA.

Sometimes you just want to build your city so it's like the fancy photos on social media ads, do a few tournament rounds for relics, enchantments, upgrades arrows, and get my 50 diamonds (or 100 with my two accounts) in the spire every week - and have something to look forward to.

I look forward to the Christmas/winter event and hope it's much more fun than this one.

Well said Tawneywild, I am frustrated by the fog as well. It is very frustrating to have to use a candle in order to use a flask etc. and then part of it is wasted on areas that are already cleared of fog.
I agree that the 420 package is the one to use and it stinks that they go by so fast even when used strategically, and then having to build 420 up again, when the discover per use ratio is so low. . I have utilized a few single candles etc. but it is just not worth the cost per gain ratio..The expense of this event, mixed with the repeated (every other challenge) requiring excessive quests conveniently after tourney ended, as has happened in other events,, makes this a pretty unenjoyable event..

I agree with you about not putting out low level event buildings, however I was not running into the issue with the encounter quest repeating itself over and over and over until after the tourney ended, so I jumped the gun and put my shack up, as I thought that I had prepared well in advance..It is a shame to have to do it, but if I am not able to get at least a level 9 shack, I will tear it down at the end of the event which sucks as I wanted to make one area of my kingdom, a spooky theme like I used to have before I sold a bunch of stuff when I had zero storage and needed land to move forward.

Welcome to the game btw Tawneywild, I hope that the Winter event is fun as well..

Have a great night :)

Seachant.

DeletedUser20461

This event is horrible. It is like Inno went and copied everything that makes Forge of Empires suck and transplanted it here ruining the seasonal event. Impossibly hard to get the daily prizes - an event prize that isn't worth the effort. This is a ridiculous waste of time and effort. it appears that they think we are stupid enough to just spend $$$ to get these prizes - i am ok with spending a few dollars but the whole daily prize aspect is rigged so that you dont get the prizes. This sucks. this may be my last event that i participate in and certainly the last time i will spend any $. i thought being able to buy the stashhouse in both my worlds was great until i realized that it didn't matter if you had double the pumpkins because the misty maze bs is horribly rigged to just rip you off. Ruined a great game - way to go!!!

I agree ........ actually this is the first event that I did not buy the stash-house.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
For the first few days, I bought only the 420 package. I changed my strategy and decided that 42 candles was more useful than 18 candles, plus some lanterns and globes. It sucks either way ... there's no good strategy for buying ... but I have had more luck getting cats by randomly using candles, so I hope that with the FA artifacts, I may be able to upgrade to 10. Keeping fingers crossed.

NightshadeCS

I have had drastically different experiences among my three cities.

My largest city, which is sitting at the end of the research tree, has had the worst luck. My goal there was to try and obtain as many of the dailies as I could and set up a little "Halloween Town" now that I have room to spare. I have had to spend down my entire supply and still missed out on one daily due to appalling luck.

My second city, deep in Elementals and hardly any room to spare, I have hit upon the dailies easily each day and have over 100 candles waiting to be used.

My third city (the wittle baby), is somewhere in between. I suppose I could look at this as a perfect test case with just myself as a data point. Three cities, one with bad luck, one with excellent luck, and one that splits the difference.

I will be interested to see how each ends up at the end.

DeletedUser27062

Is anyone else finding the trader deal has gone sky high since the Misty Forest event? In one of my cities I'm stuck completing the quest to accept a trader deal from the wholesaler because every option requires either 100% of my coins, 75% of my supplies or 100% of my produced goods. That's a huge sacrifice just to get 45 magic ingredients. Oddly, in another city the trader is still reasonable (as reasonable as the trader ever is). I even waited for the trader to reset but it is still excessive.

CHANDY

Ha ha as with any game one improvement equals one non improvement great job one the tourneys and spire changes but can I ask why did you guys waste so much time and effort on this style of event? I thought the events were in sad shape b4 but now I would rather have them as opposed to the soup sandwich this one is. however it goes its just an opinion
Well Sarge, truth is truth

Aritra

Is anyone else finding the trader deal has gone sky high since the Misty Forest event? In one of my cities I'm stuck completing the quest to accept a trader deal from the wholesaler because every option requires either 100% of my coins, 75% of my supplies or 100% of my produced goods. That's a huge sacrifice just to get 45 magic ingredients. Oddly, in another city the trader is still reasonable (as reasonable as the trader ever is). I even waited for the trader to reset but it is still excessive.
Just sharing my experience about the Trader... I have not seen any difference in wholesaler prices, at all, not just since this event started. The pricing was set according to my Main Hall (I believe that's what it's based on, like NH values, etc) and has not varied. I do still visit my wholesaler fairly regularly, though not always buying. I always watch for the reset because that's when I'll get the best deal (if you can call it that, it is quite expensive). The pricing has fluctuated reliably according to purchase and reset.

DeletedUser27062

Just sharing my experience about the Trader... I have not seen any difference in wholesaler prices, at all, not just since this event started. The pricing was set according to my Main Hall (I believe that's what it's based on, like NH values, etc) and has not varied. I do still visit my wholesaler fairly regularly, though not always buying. I always watch for the reset because that's when I'll get the best deal (if you can call it that, it is quite expensive). The pricing has fluctuated reliably according to purchase and reset.
Thank you for that. Can you explain how the main hall affects the wholesale trader value?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Thank you for that. Can you explain how the main hall affects the wholesale trader value?

Every time you upgrade your Main Hall, the costs in the Wholesaler go up. It is always 10% of your coin and supplies capacity for the initial purchase and then increases by 5% per purchase. I do not know if it maxes out at your coin and supplies capacity or if the next purchase would put it over that amount, making it impossible to spend more until the daily reset.

DeletedUser27062

I think I've worked out the problem. It seems the app has a glitch which I've experienced before. For some reason my coin and supplies rates sometimes fall well below the expected returns for no reason leaving me depleted. I am currently at only 10% capacity for both coins and supplies and my culture is above 170% without boosts. I've experienced this in my other cities too - at random times and with no apparent reason.

DeletedUser8192

Well crud, unfortunately the game did exactly what I thought it was going to do in my post above.

The tourney popped up and I was able to finish my last few encounters finally, and AS SOON AS I DID, the quest line changed to wanting me to do encounters and gain gain vapo, but it would only let me gain encounters by exploring, not doing tourney..Then it changed from there for a couple of cycles and now has me locked out saying it will be available again in 19 hours with a big old chain and padlock over the event icon as it has in the past

Sooo.. the quests are not following any guide online, I am wiped out of all my speedups I have been collecting for months, nearly out of relics, I have explored over two dozen providences resulting in large time delays on future scouting needs for encounter quets, I have been clearing huge swaths of mist at a time only to find empty map and extremely random drops here or there.. A couple times I found a cluster of 2-3 cats, but other than that it is very random and sparse drops of other items, and to have to use candles first in order to use lanterns or bomb blasts as I call them, is ridiculous, especially as the blasts spend half their light on squares already uncovered..and yo top it off, I am locked out wth another 19 hour delay on INNO's end

The cat/prize to light expenditure is simply awful especially considering the cost, and even though I am nearly at the end of the prizes I can gather from completing quests, with all of the time delays, huge scouting times and 19+ hour lockouts from the game, I doubt that I will be bale to get to or past, a lvl 8 shack with only 15 days left, yet alone earn any of the actual daily prizes...

I really looked forward to this event with great anticipation all gosh darn year, and I now sit here super, super disappointed in both the event and INNO's clear as day manipulation of how the event quests roll out, in relation to in game options IE, using tourney for encounter etc..

So, having been reminded this event as to why I was not really worried about even logging in for normal play as of late, I think I am done trying to play for any purpose other than to spend what few lights I might be able to gather.. I would say I hope winter event will be better, but INNO NEVER listens to the players, and things just keep getting worse so I won't hold my breath for the winter event..

Bottom line, clearing fog was a nice change up, but everything else about the event SUCKS! :(

Jut my two cents, sorry about the rough typing, trying to voice it over my phone..

goodnight.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Sooo.. the quests are not following any guide online
The quests have followed our guide here:
www.tinyurl.com/misty2020
If your quests are locked that means you have done 61/75 quests with 2 weeks to go-- you're killing it.

Did you have a chance to watch the strategy video by @iDavis? https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRzBOCps1xnc1h8xhNK2hzg

If you aren't getting many cats I'm worried that you might be trying to clear ALL of the fog when you should be skipping about half of it- basically, the light-colored stuff that you can see through can be skipped if you don't see a prize, and the dark ones just need to be revealed, not cleared.

Aritra

@SoggyShorts
Do you know if missed items are cycled back ahead or the game anticipated misses and placed more/longer board? You say to clear the dark ones... sometimes it's difficult to tell.
It's been made clear that not every tile needs to be cleared but should we be concerned about misses? Does the possibility exist that if you miss too many you're SOL or will it simply take longer to accumulate?

DeletedUser8192

The quests have followed our guide here:
www.tinyurl.com/misty2020
If your quests are locked that means you have done 61/75 quests with 2 weeks to go-- you're killing it.

Did you have a chance to watch the strategy video by @iDavis? https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRzBOCps1xnc1h8xhNK2hzg

If you aren't getting many cats I'm worried that you might be trying to clear ALL of the fog when you should be skipping about half of it- basically, the light-colored stuff that you can see through can be skipped if you don't see a prize, and the dark ones just need to be revealed, not cleared.

Hey Soggy,

* Yah all these years tiny is usually my fallback guide but tiny is not happening in my event, it literally just kept repeating itself the whole time tourney was gone, then BAM, tourney pops back up and suddenly it stops asking me to do encounters that included tourneys, and suddenly switched to enouicnters allowed only by completing providences *Total BullS*%t, and I called it straight up in my post up above, and is something I have sounded off about in other events, as have others) Then there are other events where Tiny guide is 100% accurate and I do not get stuck with repeat after repeat quests...*shrugging shoulders*

* I just checked out your video link, pretty much how I play, Lanterns only in high tile count areas, I save my flasks until I can get it inside a square ETC. so not much there for me to learn from, but I do appreciate you posting the link for me my friend, perhaps it can help someone else here who might see it :)

* I don't/have not cleared any fog except for the black fog as you can pretty much see through the lighter "haze" I am pretty strategic about how I place my lighting, in fact the puzzle/strategy aspect of the event so far as clearing the darkness in the most efficient manner, really is the only part I like about the event, but the uncover ratio vs, light cost stinks like a sewer pipe.(not to mention the drop rate of event daily's pffft)
I will say that it sucks when you clear a entire row with a lantern and then you have to waste a candle to clear a patch of haze in order to advance the screen, that has happened to me many times when using a lantern in the row before it..Total waste pffft

*Yah I have been killing it *without diamond usage as usual* but it still sucks they lock you out especially when they keep recycling quests that demand excessive wait times, something I and many others have griped about for years now, but I appreciate the encouragement.

Don't mind me, I am just grumpy about the event as it was supposed to be my escape from a bunch of high stress I have going on right now irl,. I try not to be a whiner but I am pretty bummed about this event...It's late, off to bed, have a great rest of the night if you see this.

Last edited by a moderator:

BrinDarby

32 chests and counting , in a row ....... 0 daily prizes....

After calculation, and the fact I'm into ""locked"" items, I can purchase 7.8 more 420 packages
thru the end of the event ( with all possible pumpkins/lights bought )... with 15 days left , and
knowing I have already bought (4) 420 pkgs with nothing to show for it, there is no hope left
in getting the 3-4 daily prizes I wanted, let alone multiples of any of those......

Witches Hut is +3KP @ stage 10, but +2 @ like stage 6, so I guess the +2 is what to shoot for.
I have used up 1/2 my time boosts, all of my catalysts, and endless scouting that wasnt really
necessary but now 1 of 21 provinces @ < 7/8 , the rest all 7/8.....

All this time spent, all the boosts, all the sleep lost.... all for what 0 dailies ????

I joined right before AirTraders, that was a fun event, since then each event has been worse
than the event before it, and this event is a total waste of time/goods/boosts... ect ect ect....

After being CH3 for 3 months I finally went CH4 just for this event, wanting to replace bldgs,
but now I cant win any, I can't even play specifically for GPs or Dailies.... Who decided that
this event was FUN ???? and it was rdy to go live ????? ( You're Fired !!!! )

comon Inno, anyone playing longer than 3 months knows by now that everything is set up
to suck $$$$$$$ outta ppl, not be a fun game to play or a social gathering for players....You
won't allow players to trade certain stuff that ppl would PAY $$$ into game for, or buy items
outright for diamonds bought. There are soooooo many ways Inno can increase revenue,
that Inno is basically saying..... uhhhh NO.......

Elvenar is a Brand .....its pointless for the mobile version and the PC version not to have the
same features........ Neighborly help is only realistic on mobile, manual fighting is relegated to
PC only... where's the standardization across platforms ????? and I do not use GooglePlay,
ApplePlay, or Amazon .... why can't I download the darn app from Inno directly ??????
HTML5 is so laggy its useless, and flash will soon dissappear ....

Personally we all should stop buying anything till Inno gets thier head outta thier.... well you know.

BrinD

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
but tiny is not happening in my event, it literally just kept repeating itself the whole time tourney was gone, then BAM, tourney pops back up and suddenly it stops asking me to do encounters that included tourneys, and suddenly switched to enouicnters allowed only by completing providences *Total BullS*%t, and I called it straight up in my post up above, and is something I have sounded off about in other events, as have others) Then there are other events where Tiny guide is 100% accurate and I do not get stuck with repeat after repeat quests...*shrugging shoulders*
That's gotta be a bug then. The quest list comes from a couple of players on Beta (this time me) and was verified by Tomatoehu as she was a couple of days behind me--then on Live we both used it to double-check on multiple accounts as did several dozen other players, none of whom are reporting any errors in the quest list.
Is it possible that since quests 50-60 are extremely similar that it only seemed to be stuck on a loop for you?
@SoggyShorts
Do you know if missed items are cycled back ahead or the game anticipated misses and placed more/longer board?
AFAIK the board is unlimited in width.

DeletedUser8192

That's gotta be a bug then. The quest list comes from a couple of players on Beta (this time me) and was verified by Tomatoehu as she was a couple of days behind me--then on Live we both used it to double-check on multiple accounts as did several dozen other players, none of whom are reporting any errors in the quest list.
Is it possible that since quests 50-60 are extremely similar that it only seemed to be stuck on a loop for you?

AFAIK the board is unlimited in width.

No not similar, every other turn it was complete encounters and I got stuck becasue the tourney ended and I ran out of providences that I have been opening up *prior* to the event, as I knew the event was going to call for some encounter quests..all I know is that as soon as the tourney just popped back up and I completed the quest that called for encounters, the quests suddenly changed to an extreme...oh well I really don't care, I just blew another 420 package and ended up with huge chunks of nothing but empty map save a few cats and a couple drops..

right now for example, I have a 6x3 area open and not a item in sight and it just keeps happening..no big deal, if I do not get at least a lvl 9 I will more than likely just rip out the shack instead of putting it wth a few spooky items and trying to create a "Dark" corner in one of my kingdom areas...not gonna stress over bits of data on a screen..