• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Mystical Object Alternative Prizes

Gladiola

After all those arcane residues for the FA, I was able to open a mystical object. Yay!

Only I got a mana sawmill. In chapter 3.

This booby prize will give me barely any culture and a handful of supplies. And isn't even worth much when converted to spell fragments!

The game is able to determine my level during the event to give me supply instants (which I don't want) instead of Portal Profits (which I do, because I'll be in chapter 6 or higher eventually, and they will actually be functional then without the need for dozens of Royal Restorations to make them work properly). Ditto for the Spire. Ditto for event buildings. So the game can determine an appropriate prize for my chapter when it works against me, but not when it could benefit me by giving me something appropriate for my level.

So why can't the Mystical Object give prizes based on chapter levels? Practically any culture building or even one MM spell would be worth more to me than the mana sawmill.

Kekune

Even adjusted by chapter, people will value prizes differently. I'm not much interested in mana sawmills, either, and I'm in the chapters that need mana.

It would be nice to have some more variety in the buildings available in the chest. I have so many blue flames and winter lampions, it's ridiculous.

Gladiola

I don't understand the apparent objections to substituting a prize players could potentially use. Are people arguing that it is in some way beneficial to receive a prize that is useless? Not just non-preferred but doesn't have a use and never will? (Other than a few spell fragments in which case you might as well just give those.)

Is anyone arguing that any chapter 3 player would be happy with a mana sawmill vs. almost any other prize?

Iyapo1

@Gladiola
I think we are agreeing with you and then arguing...

The whole crappy coin and supply rains instead of PPs for anyone under chapter 6 is a perfect example.

Players under chapter 6 complained bitterly about the PPs because they could not use them. And look now you get coin and supply rains(I am sorry). I will put up with useless fraggables before i ask Inno to adjust prizes...they suck at it...and to be fair they can not make everyone happy.

Gladiola

@Iyapo1 any player below chapter 6 who argued against getting PPs is short-sighted. Accumulating PPs in early chapters would be a fabulous way to make the later game easier. It's kind of a bummer to both be negatively affected by that decision to downgrade prizes based on chapter levels and then also receive a prize that not only can't be used currently but never will be able to be because of the chapter in which it was received.

If they gave me a mana sawmill that would produce mana eventually, I'd be totally down with that. I'm patient. I can wait. But the number of RRs that would be required is prohibitive to do the upgrading myself. Might as well craft another one later when then I will also get vision vapor to open a ... mystical object? Maybe I will get a mana sawmill from it. :rolleyes:

Iyapo1

I dont think I have ever been happy with any building out of the MO.
Give me anything but the building! Kp great, speedup timers great, 500 diamonds awesome....a windmill of evil, blue flames, lampions, igloo, sawmill...frag frag frag! Then craft more to try again, all I really want is the diamonds!

Last edited:

Kekune

Not just non-preferred but doesn't have a use and never will?
This isn't totally true, though. It isn't optimal for your chapter, but it IS usable. So ultimately, it is also simply a non-preferred prize.

And no...I didn't mean to say that you should be happy with it. Merely that random prizes like this are often going to be unwanted, especially when there's a clear "best" prize in the diamonds. Tailoring prize output to chapter level sounds like a lot of work and also not much different (in that any given player is still only going to be happy with it occasionally, anyway.). And if the outcome is that they removed them entirely, then that's disappointing for the players that do want them.

CrusaderMichael

getting a mana sawmill at chapter 3... is like having an apple tree that can't produce apples.

seems dumb to me, regardless of the other crud it gives.

there are worse things than a chapter 3 mana sawmill in the MA globe though.

i don't complain.

it's all free

CrusaderMichael

... are you sure? That may be a silly question since you're never wrong... but I'm fairly sure I saw a complaint around here somewhere.

complain about the MA prizes is what i was talking about... and no, i never ever complain about anything.

i'm glad you pay attention to certain facts about me though... like, how i've never been wrong. I actually will throw a party if i'm ever wrong... it'll be that momentous an occasion

Aritra

I have no idea how complicated it is to code (etc) but I do like the idea of having a choice. Win/award something and instead of "here you go, (something you may or may not want)" give two options so that you click one or the other to acquire it (I'm picturing box similar to mobile's neighborly help). And, yes, I do realize this won't satisfy everybody because there will be times when the player doesn't want either one but I think this compromise would make more players more satisfied overall.

Iyapo1

I have no idea how complicated it is to code (etc) but I do like the idea of having a choice. Win/award something and instead of "here you go, (something you may or may not want)" give two options so that you click one or the other to acquire it (I'm picturing box similar to mobile's neighborly help). And, yes, I do realize this won't satisfy everybody because there will be times when the player doesn't want ei nither one but I think this compromise would make more players more satisfied overall.
Yeah, but doing it the way you have outlined would technically add a 4th prize option to every chest if not more. I mean how many options do players get? Is there an alternate for every prize?

More prizes options are always nice, but I dont think Inno would go for it!

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Where to start?
I've gotten Windmill of Evil, twice, as well as a Snowy Charming Tree, when it was time to renew culture and we were deep into mediocre events. I have gotten 3 x Winter Star once :D
I also have Winter Lampions beyond count. The point is, it happens. Then we have cr@ppy culture to disenchant when an event asks for Spell Fragments and we're having terrible RNG in the Spire (another topic folks love to complain about).

No I don't think these items need to scaled to chapters as awards, I have seen lots of developing cities happy to have the supplies from anything. And I think it would not be worth the developer's time to do this.

We are all tired after FA. I like to chill, and not make sweeping changes to the FS structure, or my overall game plan. Hmm anyhow.

Deleted User - 1178646

Even adjusted by chapter, people will value prizes differently. I'm not much interested in mana sawmills, either, and I'm in the chapters that need mana.

It would be nice to have some more variety in the buildings available in the chest. I have so many blue flames and winter lampions, it's ridiculous.
There are currently 10 different chests, (1 of those 10 repeats so effectively)
You should not have heaps of those unless you're a heavy crafter

there is no scaling system

Mystery Chests Event.png

michmarc

The crafting chest is a random lottery. You either win the grand prize (500 diamonds), a great prize (lots of KP or a large time booster), or the "Zonk" (Mana Sawmill, Winter Lampions, etc). If you get the building, you basically have lost the chest game. Try again next time.