• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

'New Fellowship Adventures feedback

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
@Jackluyt since you have such a big group that goes to you for advice and expressing concerns... if they need a fellowship... I've got room in Rebels and Misfits on Khel.

You can post an advert here if you like.
I am happy to make a nice eye-catching graphic for you, if you like.

BrinDarby

Wasn't this FA a carbon copy of the last one ???
As for adding a day, I think @SoulsSilhouette had the better option to help struggling
smaller FSs, easy/med/hard paths for each level..... As for the plunking in the Pit, if it
didn't just ask for like 5 things in rotation... it wouldn't be so bad.... The pit itself needs
some major tweaks......

Speaking of tweaks, why can't the FA have elements like the reg events do, but in the FA
format..... Such as, each WP includes a chest to open... opened by last person apply'n a
badge.... and only rewarding those who contributed to that WP. Scale the prizes so nothing
is rediculious.... but add in that element to the WPs. This encourages participation and
coordination by the most players to win all the rewards....

Every event and all FAs, should also reward a 1x1 token bldg for everyone participating.
Specific to each event/year.... This of those bragging rights, for a complete collection.....:cool:
Even if the 1x1 was a prize in a chest, capped @ 1 per person, per event.... that b kewl.

I Like the format for the FAs alot, just not the implentation on a few points....

neeronie

ll
We have no chance of completing stage 3, and the extra day is neither a plus or minus really. It will let us fill a few more waypoints and get a few more bragging rights points (I note we are in the top 200 and closing on the top 100, which surprises me...)

If Inno wants their developer team online when it ends. that is fine by me. I am enjoying this game, they have provided better customer service than I have maybe encountered ANYWHERE online (including retail merchants) and the game is nearly free for me. I am all about doing what they think is best for their business.
My fellowships look at the Fellowship Adventure as a teambuilding experience. I am very fortunate to have several members who have the talents and skills that a called for in organizing. The FA gives them an outlet for those skills and for the others in the fellowship an experience in teamwork. We don't give a fig about the prizes. I will repeat myself and say, this time there was little enthusiasm for the event. We did 1 path each stage and pit without feeling a need to prove ourselves and still achieved what is important to us, teamwork and use of leadership skills for the path manager. I have to chuckle about pit, no one likes it, but we do it and have fun.

rubyelaine

I enjoy doing the fellowship adventure. One thing I wish the developers would do is make it so only the archmage could obtain the treasure chest. This is because that when doing it members do several paths and then whatever they were working on gets lost. Just a suggestion.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I enjoy doing the fellowship adventure. One thing I wish the developers would do is make it so only the archmage could obtain the treasure chest. This is because that when doing it members do several paths and then whatever they were working on gets lost. Just a suggestion.

That is unlikely because there are a lot of fellowships out there where the archmage has either quit playing or rarely checks in, but several members are still active.

Besides, an active archmage can just change everyone else's rank down to fellow until the FA is over, and then only the archmage would be able to collect the chests.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Speaking of tweaks, why can't the FA have elements like the reg events do, but in the FA
format..... Such as, each WP includes a chest to open... opened by last person apply'n a
badge.... and only rewarding those who contributed to that WP. Scale the prizes so nothing
is rediculious.... but add in that element to the WPs. This encourages participation and
I love the idea of rewards for each WP (and not the useless ranking points currently given) but only giving them to those who placed a badge in that particular spot would be terrible or require a total rework.

Here's why: In a good FS you are a team, and you want everyone to get the rewards.
This would simply be impossible for spots that ask for fewer than 25 badges, and even for spots with more than 25 badges needed the logistics would be a nightmare- Every player would have to produce every kind of badge instead of specializing in a few badges that fit with their schedule.

The current system where players who can only log in once a day make the 24h badges and those with lots of space bang out a bunch of dwarven brews etc is what makes the FA great. Everyone has the ability to contribute something to the group effort. A switch to a system where everyone has to make everything would ruin the only great part about the FA.

jesikrey

what is the purpose of ending up with so many extra coin, wonder and troop badges if we are not going to use them on the pit. It feels like a waste of time.... Anyway, we did better this time as a fellowship, more than likely we will do even better next time.

jesikrey

That is unlikely because there are a lot of fellowships out there where the archmage has either quit playing or rarely checks in, but several members are still active.

Besides, an active archmage can just change everyone else's rank down to fellow until the FA is over, and then only the archmage would be able to collect the chests.
Yes, that is exactly what I did, I changed most of our fellows ranking during the FA. It was a lot better this time around and nobody clicked the flag by "mistake" this time around.

NightshadeCS

what is the purpose of ending up with so many extra coin, wonder and troop badges if we are not going to use them on the pit. It feels like a waste of time.... Anyway, we did better this time as a fellowship, more than likely we will do even better next time.
Yes, I find that element particularly sloppy. I don't even think about those two badges anymore since I know we will have more than enough with just normal collection.

All I do know is that those badges were not part of the FA the first time or two (or three?). There was some feedback about having some badges that didn't require building a bunch of otherwise useless extra buildings, and Inno tried a variety of strategies to accomplish that, including straight donation of goods in some waypoints. I suspect that the Guard and Coin badges were a bone we were thrown, and are simply a benign element. It is also a great way to get people to contribute a badge who otherwise do not participate.

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
The archmage to put everyone to fellow during the adventure and then only the archmage can pull.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
So anyone with lots of badges can close 18 waypoints overnight and get 18 prizes, while those who work and are mid-chapter and only have a half dozen possible places to put in and miss them because other people don't want to wait may get one of the 25 possible for that stage?

Are you going to kick that person out? So you no longer have someone producing hundreds of badges to actually make it so your FS can finish the final stage?

How much scaling to you envision, for the team that is super-careful and manage to get 1438 extra prizes? Even if they each got a 1 minute instant, thats 24 hours worth of instants, and who's going to care about a 1 minute instant?

And who is going to decide who gets to participate in each waypoint? About half the points have fewer than 25 badges, so someone has to get left out on every one of those, for some, there are only two or three or five. Who gets to tell 20 people they aren't allowed to have a prize for that waypoint? On a 23 badge waypoint, if the two you've picked not to get a prize happen to put one badge in each, are you going to kick them out for costing two other people their one-minute instant?

Maybe you're going to suggest every waypoint have 25 badges? Then what about the groups that manage to finish a stage currently, but won't when they need a minimum of 200 badges to finish a stage? "Sorry, just one more thing you can't do because your group isn't good enough."

Last edited:

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
@Ashrem I think that the waypoint chest should be given to everyone who participates in the FA. Maybe don't give them out until the end of the stage or the end of the event.

DeletedUser19661

New twist, fine by me but I was really upset at the final gun. Our FS played harder than ever and only wound up with one 2hr boost. That was very much the pits!

rubyelaine

That sounds like a good option to do next time.

Barnsley

This isn't directly about the FA itself, but it is related to it..
For the last couple of days of the FA, I was waiting for a repeat of the crafting recipe to turn 2 of the "new" upgrade tokens into a single "old" token. I'm in Australia so I'm not sure if the time has ended now for the recipe to appear.. but, if so, its a bit annoying seeing as though I was offered the recipe multiple times when I didn't have the required 2 tokens, and then not offered it, when I had the tokens to be able to use it.. :(

Iyapo1

I feel your pain. One of my cities was in chapter 2 through most of the FA. When I finally hit the spire and got enough spell fragments to convert....I never saw the recipe again.

neeronie

Yes, I find that element particularly sloppy. I don't even think about those two badges anymore since I know we will have more than enough with just normal collection.

All I do know is that those badges were not part of the FA the first time or two (or three?). There was some feedback about having some badges that didn't require building a bunch of otherwise useless extra buildings, and Inno tried a variety of strategies to accomplish that, including straight donation of goods in some waypoints. I suspect that the Guard and Coin badges were a bone we were thrown, and are simply a benign element. It is also a great way to get people to contribute a badge who otherwise do not participate.
Or are

We have found these badges are useful for our newest members with small cities and who have had no experience with an FA. They make it easy for these members to donate and learn how the FA works. The mechanics of making badges and donating becomes second nature to those who have played for awhile but can be a bit confusing to new players. It would be nice to be able to use them in the pit but works fine the way it is now.

Crow Last Elf

This isn't directly about the FA itself, but it is related to it..
For the last couple of days of the FA, I was waiting for a repeat of the crafting recipe to turn 2 of the "new" upgrade tokens into a single "old" token. I'm in Australia so I'm not sure if the time has ended now for the recipe to appear.. but, if so, its a bit annoying seeing as though I was offered the recipe multiple times when I didn't have the required 2 tokens, and then not offered it, when I had the tokens to be able to use it.. :(

In both of my live worlds, I missed converting the 2 artifacts. In one world, I had several days, but was only checking the MA twice or three times a day. In the other world, I only had a day to convert and did not see the recipe.

I think it is a wrong move by Inno because it makes FS's that have fewer active players less attractive to those who want the artifacts to convert. It creates an incentive to push less active players out or to forgo the FA when the most rare and among the most valued prize can not ultimately be obtained.

I suppose it helps diamond sales but in turn, fewer fs types are viable. Leaving the conversion recipe in the MA for a week does not seem excessive to me.