• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

'New Fellowship Adventures feedback

NightshadeCS

OK, I think there were enough praises for the new format already. Need some more rain on this parade ;) Well, harvesting spell badges from the tournament is still very annoying, new format or not.

So this is how dealing with 1* provinces 10+ looks like when FA is NOT ON:

- Negotiate the province
- Move onto the next one
- Repeat

This is how it looks like when FA is ON:

- Ask somebody in your FS to post small silk trades
- Wait for the trades to show up
- Go to map mode
- Negotiate a province
- Go to city mode
- Go to trader
- Filter for silk trades
- Shoot, someone snatched all the silk trades already?! Repeat steps 1-2
- Accept the trade
- Collect the badge
- Repeat with step 3
I am with you! My only advice is that, after I gain a spell, go to trader, accept trade, then I grab the badge, go back into the trader right away, and grab another of the needed good before going back to the province map. Saves about 5 seconds and a couple clicks... o_O:D

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
OK, I think there were enough praises for the new format already. Need some more rain on this parade ;) Well, harvesting spell badges from the tournament is still very annoying, new format or not.

So this is how dealing with 1* provinces 10+ looks like when FA is NOT ON:

- Negotiate the province
- Move onto the next one
- Repeat

This is how it looks like when FA is ON:

- Ask somebody in your FS to post small silk trades
- Wait for the trades to show up
- Go to map mode
- Negotiate a province
- Go to city mode
- Go to trader
- Filter for silk trades
- Shoot, someone snatched all the silk trades already?! Repeat steps 1-2
- Accept the trade
- Collect the badge
- Repeat with step 3

Or here's a stupid idea
let's say you are doing first round of provinces # 10 +

1 have a couple people in your fs post a pile of trades like " 100 silk for 200 scrolls "
2 accept one trade
3 do province #10
4 accept badge
5 do province #11
6 do 3 encounters of prov #12
7 accept trade - accept badge - accept another trade
8 finish prov #12 - accept badge
9 do prov #13 - do 3 encounters of prov #14
you should get the point by now

that is how i got a dozen badges with minimal effort yesterday

qaccy

The arbitrary amount of goods required for each of the spell badges was probably discussed at length (among players) when these badges first featured in the FA. I'm still trying to figure out why those goods are required and agree that it's a rather annoying requirement. Imagine if the workshop badges additionally required you to solve an encounter or the coin badge additionally required you to upgrade a building. Just adds an extra step for no reason that I'm able to comprehend.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
The arbitrary amount of goods required for each of the spell badges was probably discussed at length (among players) when these badges first featured in the FA. I'm still trying to figure out why those goods are required and agree that it's a rather annoying requirement. Imagine if the workshop badges additionally required you to solve an encounter or the coin badge additionally required you to upgrade a building. Just adds an extra step for no reason that I'm able to comprehend.

I'd just be glad they don't pro-rate the amount of goods based on your level

DeletedUser20617

Still needs work.

Why not allow, stacking?
Following with the example given; Invest 10 Kp to any kind of AW.
If you spend 100 Kp to any kind of AW, you get 10 Badges, instead of having to click countless time to add the Kp, then click on the 1 Badge gained.

This will speed things up a lot more ;)
Not to mention if you only have a 20 point KP thingy and use it, you only get one badge...the other 10 are sort of wasted.

DeletedUser20951

but I'm not going to beat myself up over every self-indulgence.
Aye, and it's important to maintain a balance of life enjoyment (I believe that's a big part of making life worth living), which is why I don't go around proclaiming that spending money on a game is evil. When a body insists that it is somehow virtuous, though, my immediate thought is, "Holy Mackerel and Sons, dude, no! It is furthering optional entertainment and that is all." XD

DeletedUser20951

So, here's an outline of my predicament at the moment. I utterly failed at dragging up even a faint, minuscule pretense of what could be considered self-restraint in not clicking on the aforementioned shineys, and have thus wound up with what appears to be enough badges to easily complete a trail up to the first chest... provided I force myself to produce a handful of beverage and bread thingies. Should I? Do I want those five Cs, twenty-five Vs, and five hundred frags? DO I? That's a lot of extra clicking. *ponders*

DeletedUser20951

*twitches violently* Thrice damn it all, RUIN AND DAMNATION, have the Deities no mercy! *screams incoherently in rage for several minutes, then calms self and pinches bridge of nose in annoyance* Well, looks like my predisposition for not wasting anything has reasserted itself and I will be making those stinking batches. Nevermind.

DeletedUser20951

...I guess... I should... count how many badges I need, specifically, to ensure only as much clicking as absolutely necessary... Yeah, I should do that. *glances up at emojis* Why are they of such spectacular creepiness? Does that really have to be? I WANT EMOTICONS BACK. No matter, onward to simple counting. I can do this. I GOT THIS. : D (better, but spacing is still wrong. WRONG, I SAY)

Oh, okay. Just three brewery and four bakery, which is not the dire expenditure of effort my brain was insisting it would be, and the editing function is my friend.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 3932582

Or here's a stupid idea
let's say you are doing first round of provinces # 10 +

1 have a couple people in your fs post a pile of trades like " 100 silk for 200 scrolls "
2 accept one trade
3 do province #10
4 accept badge
5 do province #11
6 do 3 encounters of prov #12
7 accept trade - accept badge - accept another trade
8 finish prov #12 - accept badge
9 do prov #13 - do 3 encounters of prov #14
you should get the point by now

that is how i got a dozen badges with minimal effort yesterday
If one autofights, doing 3 encounters before the 4th probably make little sense. Actual encounter fighting in this case literally takes the least amount of time in the whole process. And it's not that the goods requirements there are particularly challenging - these are trivial amounts. But the whole process is rather annoying, to me at least...

DeletedUser23708

I just use the wholesaler when trades are not posted. Speeds it up and coins or supplies are no problem.

But I feel sorry for the players who are boosted in all three goods. Bad enough that silk is my boost, so I have to trade for that or time my productions.

I am boosted in silk and planks. Haven't had any issues or had to buy from wholesaler. We are doing trades with in FS, so basically my goods traded are cycling back to me. We also try to keep some varying trades up with both other boosted options. That is actually a bit more challenging because neighbors need these trades too. But with my boosted I try to collect them from my own shops. It's easier, now with new FA quest system, when you collect a badge and get the trade from a member to automatically do another trade to get those goods again. Makes for quicker turnover.

DeletedUser23732

Here's the answer that was given by the Community Manager "Marindor" on the beta forums:

Thank you all for your feedback so far! Regarding the questions about stacking productions and mass-collecting for multiple badges: This is not possible and also won't be made possible. Fellowship Adventures are something you'd have to actively/purposefully participate in. Therefore strategy and planning and communication with your FS should be required to work together on this effort. Producing particular badges should be something you're doing consciously. So you're collecting the things you need for a badge, then wait for the badge, and then collect your next badge (if you had a few running simultaneously). We want it to be something you're actively engaging in and thinking about, instead of just collect everything at once like you'd normally do and just start new productions.
That's too bad. I really liked the game. No one wants to painstakingly collect goods, supplies, magic, etc. You could allow he count to grow past the limit needed if you wanted. then the collect light would still be on for multiple collections. No one wants to play except me.

DeletedUser23758

Our team had the whole map almost filled. We had one more of each color to get. We all worked hard considering we aren’t as powerful as other teams. We finished yellow first. It only gave the first prize and don’t allow us to finish blue and green to get our other chests. Now we have to start all over. I’m speaking for my whole team. We fill like it was deceiving. We should have been able to finish the other two paths. That’s our opinion. We all put a lot into it and only got some trinkets.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Our team had the whole map almost filled. We had one more of each color to get. We all worked hard considering we aren’t as powerful as other teams. We finished yellow first. It only gave the first prize and don’t allow us to finish blue and green to get our other chests. Now we have to start all over. I’m speaking for my whole team. We fill like it was deceiving. We should have been able to finish the other two paths. That’s our opinion. We all put a lot into it and only got some trinkets.

That is not how it works. There are three stages, each with three paths you can complete, and there is one chest that is the reward for each stage, not three chests per stage.