• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

New Player Guide/ Beginner Guide

DeletedUser3312

Oh shoot! It has been so long since I accepted a fellowship invitation! There should be some button that says accept somewhere.

You click on the apply button and then they will accept you. And... you are in. You can apply to as many FS as you like. Once someone accepts you, all the applications go away. Click on the shield. then check out FS. apply to the ones that you think sound good. Be sure to read their criteria for joining. Some you have to be at a certain level, some you have to be boosted in certain goods, etc. Some you have to have all 3 tiers open. you will get a message when a FS accepts you. And there you go!

DeletedUser4026

I seem to be confused on how to upgrade the builders hut without having the 550 diamonds referenced. I was also curios where so many of the population are working when you need some to upgrade buildings etc. I have workshops etc that I need to restart but even though they are idle at the moment I don't seem to have enough population that aren't currently working to make some upgrades. Thanks in advance!!

DeletedUser43

You cannot upgrade your builders past level 2 without diamonds. But you can play with level 2 builder. It is just a bit slower. If you are going to buy diamonds though, I would suggest upgrading the builder because that is the best thing for your money.

The population you get from building more houses and upgrading the ones you have. I suggest first upgrading the ones you have to the maximum you can and then build more. It is a constant balancing act...you need to upgrade a building, but then you need more pop and before you can build a house you need more culture. That is the game. Constantly figuring out the puzzle. :)

Mykan

Oh Wise One
I was also curios where so many of the population are working when you need some to upgrade buildings etc. I have workshops etc that I need to restart but even though they are idle at the moment I don't seem to have enough population that aren't currently working to make some upgrades. Thanks in advance!!

Population are considered to be working when you build a building, the status of the building whether it is idle or producing has no impact on this number. So every time you build a new building (non-residence) or upgrade a building it uses population. The trick is juggling between when to build/upgrade what so your town keeps growing.

DeletedUser3312

You cannot upgrade your builders past level 2 without diamonds. But you can play with level 2 builder. It is just a bit slower. If you are going to buy diamonds though, I would suggest upgrading the builder because that is the best thing for your money.

I highly recommend this. the diamonds will come in handy.. use them sparingly and that free 3rd builder is a one time option. take advantage of it. you won't get another deal like that ever again as far as I have seen. and building is what grows your city. I have 5 builders. and they are all in use at all times.

DeletedUser4060

BobbyKitty, thank you so much for all the work you put into this guide for us! I have a few questions, if you have a minute...Why do some cities I visit have treasure chests? How can I get one in my city? I've noticed some profile pics that are different from the choices that I have. How do I get the expanded choices? More questions to come....thanks in advance

Manderley of Xanadu

Mykan

Oh Wise One
BobbyKitty, thank you so much for all the work you put into this guide for us! I have a few questions, if you have a minute...Why do some cities I visit have treasure chests? How can I get one in my city? I've noticed some profile pics that are different from the choices that I have. How do I get the expanded choices? More questions to come....thanks in advance

Manderley of Xanadu

The chests are random and you get 3 per day as an extra reward for helping neighbours.

The special profile pictures come from building certain wonders. Some wonders give you a profile picture and others decorate the backdrop of your town.

DeletedUser4060

The chests are random and you get 3 per day as an extra reward for helping neighbours.

The special profile pictures come from building certain wonders. Some wonders give you a profile picture and others decorate the backdrop of your town.

Thank you, Mykan! I found out from reading your document that I thought I was visiting neighbors and helping but in fact I was just visiting after all. Ha ha ha. Better late than never. Thanks for sharing all that terrific info.

DeletedUser3312

Building all the different factories is a common mistake made by so many. I know. I did the same when I began playing. As I learned and grew my city, I kept having space issues as I had to get more factories. I worked so dang hard on them all. Then I joined a FS and saw that a lot of people only had factories in their boosted product. Wow. that seemed weird. The AM suggested I get rid of all my factories I was not boosted in... WHAT??? SHE MUST BE CRAZY!!! She had no idea how much time and effort I had put in to all those factories. I was not growing, I was not able to advance in the tech tree. So I deleted a non boosted factory. a few days later, I deleted a few more of them. I finally got down to just one of each. sigh... those were the hardest. Finally I deleted them. sigh... I built more tier 1 and tier 2 factories. (Tier 3 was not available to me yet.) I began to trade more. A lot more. I began building up supplies. I had supplies to do things! I began growing. Wow. what a difference! Now I recommend all players to only build boosted good factories.

DeletedUser4060

Thank you for this info, Jewess. Like you, I can't begin to even think about getting rid of my marble and plank factories, as I love to look at them, I can just sit and gaze as I'm waiting for supplies or my army to finish training. But I've stopped adding those factories, and have added steel factories, as those are my boosted ones, per your advice. Wish me luck!

Manderley of Xanadu

DeletedUser3297

I have 3 elf cities, 1 is boosted in steel, the other 2 are boosted in planks. I never did get a rock monster, but I want one just for decoration. My plan is (when space allows), build one, max it out and set it for 2 day production times so it doesn't interfere with the production of my boosted goods that actually matter. But then at least, I will have one to look at too :)

DeletedUser3312

Thank you for this info, Jewess. Like you, I can't begin to even think about getting rid of my marble and plank factories, as I love to look at them, I can just sit and gaze as I'm waiting for supplies or my army to finish training. But I've stopped adding those factories, and have added steel factories, as those are my boosted ones, per your advice. Wish me luck!

You are so welcome! Smiles. It takes me forever to do visits at times as I am fond of watching the animation of different factories in cities. grins. It is fun just watching them work. I love the elven plank factories. those trees crack me up! The human factories are not near as interesting but they are pretty buildings for the most part. and best of luck to you in building your city!!

DeletedUser43

Here is an excellent post about Ancient Wonders:
I have read through a lot of the discussions on wonders and opinions vary about what is good and what is bad. None of them really give you an idea of what may be useful for your style of play. I hope that I can give a general idea of the usefulness of the different wonders without too much bias. There are several discussions about the cost of having a wonder. There are always trade offs and costs associated with having a wonder, but that is part of deciding how to play the game. Also keep in mind that the wonders are level dependent; they are more powerful at higher levels. My analysis does not go into the usefulness at higher levels, merely a synopsis at various stages of the game. I have defined the following stages: Early Game (Ages 1 to 3), Mid Game (Ages 4 to 6), and Late Game (Ages 7 and 8). Everything is based on the current version of the game as of 9/16/16. In other words, things will change after all of this is typed in.

Age 2 Wonders
Tome of Secrets (4x4) - KP/day and Supplies for Scouting
Early - extra KP is useful, bonus supplies easily available due to quick explorations
Mid - extra KP is useful, bonus supplies are at average to slow availability due to longer explorations
Late - extra KP is useful, bonus supplies are only available once every couple of days.
Note: This only gives 3 KP per day once you reach level 11

Golden Abyss (3x3) - coin/3 hours and extra population
Early - extra coin needed, extra population needed
Mid - extra coin useful, extra population needed
Late - coin is not needed as much, but can be useful at the wholesaler; extra population needed
Note: Best population/square at level 15 (about 288 people per square)

Age 3 Wonders
Endless Excavation (5x4) Extra relics/province conquered and supplies/24 hours
Early - extra relics easily available due to quick explorations, potentially useful for boosted goods, spell creations, and wonder upgrades; supplies much needed
Mid - extra relics are at average to slow availability due to longer explorations, potentially useful for boosted goods, spell creations, and wonder upgrades; supplies much needed
Late - extra relics are only available once every couple of days, , potentially useful for boosted goods, spell creations, and wonder upgrades; supplies much needed but are slow to get

Needles of the Tempest (3x5) Attack boost for Light Ranged Units and training speed increase
Early - Heavy ranged units just researched, light ranged units reliable; training speed increase useful
Mid - Heavy ranged units are more available, light ranged units are still viable; training speed increase useful
Late - Heavy ranged units are used in majority, light ranged units might be useful if the Needles is at level 15; training speed increase useful

Age 4 Wonders
Martial Monastery (5x5)/Sanctuary (5x5) % health increase for troos and extra culture
Mid - Needed for any combat; extra culture always useful
Late - Needed for any combat; extra culture always useful

Crystal Lighthouse (6x4)/Great Bell Spire (4x6) Boosted Goods for Neighborly Aid Given and % Increase of time for Neighborly Aid Received
Mid - Extra goods useful, dependent upon having neighbors to help and get help from; Longer cultural bonus is useful
Late - Extra goods useful, dependent upon having neighbors to help and get help from, not a lot a bonus goods for once per day; Longer cultural bonus is useful

Age 5 Wonders
Watchtower Ruins (4x5) % Culture bonus on Neighborly Aid received and Extra culture
Mid - Bonus culture useful; extra culture needed
Late - Bonus culture useful; extra culture needed

Thrones of High Men (4x6) Bonus ranking points
Note: This wonder should only be built if ranking is important to you
Mid - Dependent on having multiple wonders, preferably at high levels
Late - Dependent on having multiple wonders, preferably at high levels

Age 6 Wonders
Dwarven Bulwark (7x4) Extra Light Melee Units/3 hours and Increased training size
Mid - Extra free Light Melee Units are useful; increase in training size useful if you are producing troops
Late - Extra free Light Melee Units are useful, but Light Melee Units may not be used as often; increase in training size useful if you are producing troops

Mountain Halls (3x8) Relic boost and Extra Population
Mid - Relic boost is useful; Extra population is needed
Late - Relic boost is useful; Extra population is needed

Age 7 Wonders
Prosperity Tower (5x4) Spell of Provision duration increase and Supplies/3 hours
Late - Spell duration increase is useful; Supplies are needed

Blooming Trader Guild (3x7) Trader's fee decrease, Wholesaler trade value increase, and Portal production boost
Late - Trader's fee decrease is useful even if you are in a fellowship; wholesaler trade value increase is useful for coin/supply overflow; Portal production boost is extremely nice, but currently has a limited use

Age 8 Wonders
Heroes' Forge (5x5) Orcs/24 hours and Strength increase for Heavy Melee Units
Late - Because of the necessity of orcs, free orcs even once per day is useful; Strength increase for Heavy Melee Units is necessary for combat

Shrine of the Shrewdy Shrooms (5x4) Light Ranged Units/3 hours and Training size increase
Late - Extra free Light Ranged Units is useful but Light Ranged Units may not be utilized as much, Potentially more useful in conjunction with the Needles of the Tempest; Training size increase is useful.

Hope this helps and enjoy building your city.

DeletedUser4060

Here is an excellent post about Ancient Wonders:

Oh, I don't understand this at all. I thought Elvenar was a relatively new game (just started seeing it on FB about a week before I started playing). Does "ages 1-3" mean people who have been playing the game for 1-3 years? If this is a new game, how have people been playing for 7-8 years already?

DeletedUser43

He means the chapter/age in the research tree. You are right that the game has only been around for about a year and a half.

DeletedUser43

It started in beta and you had to get a key to play. Those were hard to get. I waited about a month or two. Then after 4 months or so in beta they released it on the live servers. I've been a member of these forums since April 9, 2015, so probably it started live here on April 8th. But don't hold me to those dates. :) Glad you found it now!

DeletedUser4060

It started in beta and you had to get a key to play. Those were hard to get. I waited about a month or two. Then after 4 months or so in beta they released it on the live servers. I've been a member of these forums since April 9, 2015, so probably it started live here on April 8th. But don't hold me to those dates. :) Glad you found it now!

Thanks, me too! I'm totally addicted, I love it. I wake up at 2 or 3 am to come check what's going on and start some more army training!