• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

News from Beta - May Contain Spoilers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
Yeah I can not figure out how they decide what units get upgrades. I think mages are pretty powerful right now and they have a buff building, so I can see why they have not got an upgrade, but archers have a buff building also, hmmm. Oh well Inno has never had a logical progression (or regression from the changes of late).

The Unbeliever

I'm curious to see what the new unit names & colour pallets will be though...

Evil, corrupted Wood Elf sorcerer, hell bent on revenge? Could we have some Putrepups/Deadhounds, Zombie Barbarians and maybe some Ghostly Assassin Rangers pretty please?!
(...Plague Dryads woulda been hella-cool too. ;))

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I am disappointed there is not a 4-star promotion for a mage unit and a heavy melee unit, so that we would have one of each type at 4-star.
True. So far the 4 star promotions are very heavily skewed towards light melee and light range. 5 of the 6 promotions so far fall in these classes. Orc Strats are the only unit to get a 4 star promotion so far which is not 1 of these types. This is a change from how the original 3 promotions happened: generally barracks based units got their 3 star promotions first, then training ground units, and mercenary camp units tended to get their 3 promotion latest in the tech tree. This is certainly not the case with the 4 star promotions.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I'm curious to see what the new unit names & colour pallets will be though...

Evil, corrupted Wood Elf sorcerer, hell bent on revenge? Could we have some Putrepups/Deadhounds, Zombie Barbarians and maybe some Ghostly Assassin Rangers pretty please?!
(...Plague Dryads woulda been hella-cool too. ;))
The names and 4 star stats for all units have been up for some time at Elvenarchitect. Just go there and select All Units. It will pull up a full list, with the stats at every level so you can see how much of a boost they get when promoted.

T6583

I'm hoping that when Ch 19 comes to live that the research requirments change for the Ch. 18 AW's like they did in Beta.

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
THE 'WINTER MAGIC 2021' EVENT JUST STARTED IN BETA.
I am working on the event note and will be adding more as the day progresses.
You can look at what I have done already here, including screenshots and the Forum Announcement: https://tinyurl.com/kkdzfvue
You are welcome to share this Google Doc with friends and fellowship.

255597448_10220098637836840_7336614439622603253_n.jpg

254632684_10220099346014544_7639051360139316164_n.jpg

The productions are Pop, Culture and chapter-dependent Supplies, Goods, Mana, Seeds or Unurium.
Bonuses are Tier Three Goods and Tier Two Relics (Boosted + other)

Last edited:

Emily198097

How do you download/add the beta world to an ipad? I am getting ready to go on vacation and I don't want to miss any days of the winter event.
Currently I only play on PC but for this trip...

Huor

Just curious, do they start the FA during the week of thanksgiving or do they wait until the week after?

Talaedraiia

Regarding the winter event grand prize, what is the difference between the evolving buildings and a summonable building? Also, am I seeing right that a level 10 building will take 4 days to collect?

DeletedUser29768

what is the difference between the evolving buildings and a summonable building?
The evolving buildings are summonable buildings. Summons are any buildings that are stored as a spell in your inventory and can be placed without spending resources. Perhaps you're referring to the daily prizes, which are also summonable but are not evolving. These are not available as grand prizes, but can be found inside the post boxes.
Also, am I seeing right that a level 10 building will take 4 days to collect?
No, that's 96 seeds in one hour, not 96 hours.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
In the past, they have been hesitant to start a FA when the staff are away from office, in case something goes wrong. I don't know if that will apply this time.

Thanksgiving is a U.S. holiday on the 25th and already passed for Canada & Germany last month. I'm thinking the FA will be next week but I could be wrong. I'm hoping it is next week so that we have a little break between the FA and the new chapter & winter event starting at almost the same time.

Tehya1

Is the postal format good? Is it entirely random, or do you have choice, like the misty forest?

DeletedUser29768

Is it entirely random, or do you have choice, like the misty forest?
You do have some control of gameplay, and your choices can make a difference. The format is a shuffleboard - a 4x4 grid of 16 boxes. At the beginning you can see all the prizes, but they are then shuffled into identical locked boxes, with the prizes inside no longer visible. You must then open the boxes using postal keys (the event currency). By opening a set number of boxes, you are able to use two main tools, or powers: the magnifier, which reveals the contents of any two boxes; and the double reward, which doubles the reward for the next postal box you open. Finally, you can spend keys to "shuffle," completely resetting the board. (For more details, you can read about last year's Winter Magic event on the wiki or at Elven Gems). So, while there is definitely still some randomness to it, there is also an element of strategy. Whether you consider it "good" or not will, of course, depend on your individual preferences.

The Unbeliever

You do have some control of gameplay, and your choices can make a difference. The format is a shuffleboard - a 4x4 grid of 16 boxes. At the beginning you can see all the prizes, but they are then shuffled into identical locked boxes, with the prizes inside no longer visible. You must then open the boxes using postal keys (the event currency). By opening a set number of boxes, you are able to use two main tools, or powers: the magnifier, which reveals the contents of any two boxes; and the double reward, which doubles the reward for the next postal box you open. Finally, you can spend keys to "shuffle," completely resetting the board. (For more details, you can read about last year's Winter Magic event on the wiki or at Elven Gems). So, while there is definitely still some randomness to it, there is also an element of strategy. Whether you consider it "good" or not will, of course, depend on your individual preferences.
To add to this:
While there are no Leagues for this event, this is still a format that historically, has lent itself to being a far better 'Grand Prize maximiser' vs. the traditional 3-chests style events...
- you get +1 to the counters for your two 'tools' every time you open a present. IIRC, the "Reveal 2" takes 17 presents, while the "x2" takes 15 presents before you can activate it.

- each box you open will give +1 to the grand prize counter. Each grand prize requires 20 'points' to unlock.

- each board will contain at least ONE 'prize' that is simply a 'bonus' +2-5 grand prize boxes/pts. Usually though, boards will contain 2 such 'prizes', and occasionally, even 3 such 'prizes'!

- using the x2 'tool' will also multiply by x2 your grand prize boxes/pts!

- thus, you can use your 'show 2' + 'x2' tools to hunt down and try to use them as much as possible on only those bonus grand prize pts squares...
It gets really fun when you hit a +4 or +5 box with the x2 ability!;)

Since they added the ability to control the use of the 'show 2' and 'x2' tools to the shuffleboard style event, I've used the above strategy to easily unlock enough grand prizes to obtain at least the 2nd copy of the Lv1 building AND 1-2 bonus artifacts via the grand prize rotation. :)
Also, you can further boost your grand prize haul by simply *NEVER* paying out to use the 'reshuffle' option, and instead simply always clear the boards of all 16 prize boxes.

DeletedUser29768

I like the looks Grand prizes this time around. We'll be getting some new sorceries allowing us to pick between Coin Rain, Supply Windfall, and AW KP. I am definitely in favor of being able to choose which prize to receive; it gives some very nice flexibility. I also see that they will be introducing the Spectral Stones as the 9th grand prize; those also have the potential to be very useful in the Spire. Royal prizes are about the same as last event - a ho-hum hybrid, a few Sips, Spectral Stones, and Blueprints. (It does look like they moved the blueprints up slightly, which might be helpful.)

On the downside, they've brought the quest milestones down to 150 keys. I hope they don't keep following this pattern...

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.