• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

News from Beta - May Contain Spoilers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
So [spectral stone's] usefulness will be very limited unless you have quite a lot of them
I'm not a caterer but of the few times I've done it I've had some 50/50 chances where a single spectral stone would have saved me 25 diamonds.
There are also some alternative strategies possible where you purposely leave yourself with several possibilities on one Spirit by focussing on satisfying the other 4 since you know you can clear that last one regardless of information.

Edit: oooh and running out of something (like coins) when you KNOW the answer to solve the negotiation on round 3 can be fixed too. Maybe a waste but still....

iamthouth

Tetris Master
@Jackluyt that image is far too small, at 505% zoom below, still can't see anything.
505zoom.JPG

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
@helya the announcement thread for chapter 19 is missing a couple of links and we do not have a discussion thread yet.

@Dopeykr Yep, that is the set up. Once the new chapter is added on the 25th, this thread should be locked and a new Beta Spoiler thread started.

Also, chapter 19 is now on the Wiki, for anyone wanting to read up on it.

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
@helya the announcement thread for chapter 19 is missing a couple of links and we do not have a discussion thread yet.
Yes, that's correct. The Wiki isn't finished yet, nor is the video. I'll link them as soon as I have them, but I wanted to get the announcement out as soon as I could.

Also, chapter 19 is now on the Wiki, for anyone wanting to read up on it.
The Wiki is not completed, only the first few pages and there are still broken links.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Will the Tome of Spirits replace the conversion recipes permanently?
I think the sorceries are something new and different. And there actually have not been that many conversion recipes. They have only been offered for Phoenix and Bear artifacts. And have only been for limited times during the Coldfire Phoenix, Ashen Phoenix, Moonbear, and Red Panda Bear events. Each time once the event and the following fellowship adventure was over, that conversion recipe was removed from the magic academy. Right now there actually are not any conversion recipes in the magic academy. Or do you mean the recipes which let you craft an artifact from scratch?

Tehya1

I mean will future events and fas give you Tomes of Spirits instead of conversion recipes. The conversion recipes are messy. They are not fairly distributed. You can't craft them ahead of time. You have to wait until you have two event building artifacts, and not everyone saw them in the ma after the fa ended and they were removed last time. This seems like a much better way to give players a choice between new and old evolving buildings.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I mean will future events and fas give you Tomes of Spirits instead of conversion recipes. The conversion recipes are messy. They are not fairly distributed. You can't craft them ahead of time. You have to wait until you have two event building artifacts, and not everyone saw them in the ma after the fa ended and they were removed last time. This seems like a much better way to give players a choice between new and old evolving buildings.

There are two different artifact recipes. The ongoing ones that cost blueprints and spell fragments and the one that has only been available during a Phoenix or Bear event that converts two of the new artifacts into one of the original artifacts from 2019. I don't think we will know what the new Sorcery for the next Phoenix event will look like until we get the event on Beta in February. One thing that is available in the Winter event is a Sorcery that gives a player the choice of any of the three different Winter artifacts from 2019, 2020, and this year. They may do the same with the Phoenix and Bear for 2020, 2021, and 2022, which means the original ones will still be left out.

Tehya1

Soy, yes, I mean those two for one conversion recipes that were available during the fall event, but disappeared as soon as the fa ended. I didn't get one and have two extra red panda artifacts. lol

One thing that is available in the Winter event is a Sorcery that gives a player the choice of any of the three different Winter artifacts from 2019, 2020, and this year. They may do the same with the Phoenix and Bear for 2020, 2021, and 2022, which means the original ones will still be left out.

I am just now realizing that you mean an older artifact than the ones that can be crafted now. I will search the forum so I can understand the difference between newer and older versions of evolving buildings. Somehow I missed the fact that different versions of the same building might exist. This game is very complex, which keeps it interesting for me. :)

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
If I crafted bears and birds starting a few months ago in the ma, which vesions do I have?

The only Bear or Phoenix artifacts that can be crafted right now in the MA are the original ones from 2019 for the Aureate, Fire and Storm Phoenix and the Polar, Panda (not Red) and Brown Bears. The Coldfire Phoenix from 2020 is just now in the Spire and will be added to crafting in another 7 weeks.

SunsetDanar

OK so conflicting reports here. I'm told that the new chapter has started in Beta yet no intel from here yet. Also have seen that the 25th is the start date for all so what is it?

Moho

Chef
About the "Winter Magic 2021" event. I'm pretty excited regarding the possibility that I should choose what buildings to evolve with the help of the tomes we can earn during the event.

I'm running three cities, all moored in Chapter 5. I started my first one last Christmas, when I understood almost nothing of the game, and I have a level 4 Watchful Winter Owl there. I also have a level 6 Gingerbread Mansion in that city. I understand that the "Winter Magic 2021" event will offer me the opportunity to evolve both of them to level 10 with the help of the aformentioned tomes. If so, I am planning to ignore the Boblin's Express Service building for that city and focus on evolving my Watchful Winter Owl and Gingerbread Mansion instead. I think it sounds like a good plan, doesn't it?

My younger two Chapter 5 cities are almost identical. Each one has a Gingerbread Mansion, one level 10 and the other level 9. My plan is to reserve a tome for the level 9 Gingerbread Mansion so that I can evolve it to level 10, and get a Boblin's Express Service building for either city by the end of the event. I'm not sure about the advantages of a fully evolved Boblin's Express Service building, but I'll assume it's worth it.

What do you think? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.