• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

News from Beta - May Contain Spoilers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
How long was it in Beta from the end of the Queen Fairy Garden event till the start of the new event? Just wondering how long of a break live worlds might expect.

Garden ended on May 6 and Homecoming started on May 18. Standard delay from Beta to Live is about 2 weeks, and events start on a Monday or Thursday, so that means next week, probably on Thursday, June 3. That would give Live a week off between events, or about what we would have gotten if we had a FA coming up instead of the next event. They might push the start back to Monday, June 7, but unlikely.

The Unbeliever

Nothing new with that. Live has had it that way for longer than the 4+ years I have been playing. They have never timed events with any other part of the game.
I'm well aware, and it still pisses me off every single time. ;)

...just like how after how many years now, they still can't understand that time zones are a thing, and continue to screw over North American players in the tournaments.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
I'm well aware, and it still pisses me off every single time. ;)

...just like how after how many years now, they still can't understand that time zones are a thing, and continue to screw over North American players in the tournaments.
Not to mention folks in New Zealand and Australia.

Soleil Nightbloom

In your drop down menu for worlds in the login screen, select “beta” if you play PC. For mobile, in the login screen select the drop down menu for wolds and select “zz”. Then it should ask you what race you want to be then the regular beginning after that.

StarLoad

As defined a "halfling" is a being who is the offspring of a human and a member of another race. That can be Elf, Orc Dwarf ... so halflings are NOT hobbits and therefore the notation is not universal nor interchangeable.

Using a generic term like "halfling" is no different than using the term "Indian" to describe the indigenous peoples of every continent or country as was done in the 1400's by the European sailors.

Aritra

As defined a "halfling" is a being who is the offspring of a human and a member of another race. That can be Elf, Orc Dwarf ... so halflings are NOT hobbits and therefore the notation is not universal nor interchangable.
Well, Tolkien identifies them as alternative name (ignorant nickname) for Hobbits, as the name used by Men (for example).
If Elvenar used the name Hobbits, they likely would have been sued as D&D was (so they used halflings instead, as D&D did).

edit: Now, Elvenar artists choosing to give them horns.... that's a different controversy... :rolleyes:
so maybe should have lost the horns or used a different name

Last edited:

Iyapo1

As defined a "halfling" is a being who is the offspring of a human and a member of another race. That can be Elf, Orc Dwarf ... so halflings are NOT hobbits and therefore the notation is not universal nor interchangeable.
Halfling as defined by Tolkien:
Halflings was a name for Hobbits used by Men; it was originally given to them by the tall Dúnedain who had stood two rangar tall, making the average Hobbit about half their height. The term first applied to the Harfoots who became known in Arnor around T.A. 1050 and later to the Fallohides and the Stoors.

Anything else is just a cheap knockoff!

Edit: lol @Aritra

StarLoad

Well, Tolkien identifies them as alternative name (ignorant nickname) for Hobbits, as the name used by Men (for example).
If Elvenar used the name Hobbits, they likely would have been sued as D&D was (so they used halflings instead, as D&D did).

edit: Now, Elvenar artists choosing to give them horns.... that's a different controversy... :rolleyes:
so maybe should have lost the horns or used a different name
Hence my point that Halflings are not all "Hobbits" and its a nickname, and yes using Hobbits would likely draw the attention of the copyright police but as you noted the horns and Elflike ears do not seem "Hobbit" like.

Aritra

Hence my point that Halflings are not all "Hobbits" and its a nickname, and yes using Hobbits would likely draw the attention of the copyright police but as you noted the horns and Elflike ears do not seem "Hobbit" like.
Hence, should have used a different name, period.
And I don't think Elvenar's halfling ears are elflike at all. They're droopy pairings with the goat horns.
This is different species altogether. My halflings, your halflings, and I'm thinking these are neither.

Last edited:

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Because there are people who tend to complain about things like this, both here and on Facebook, the daily quest that unlocked tonight in the event running on Beta requires completing 10 encounters and/or 10 tournament encounters. And no tournament until Tuesday. So if anyone around here had any thoughts that Inno was going to stop planning quests to hit this way, don't expect it.

Status
Not open for further replies.