• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

News from Beta - May Contain Spoilers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Unbeliever

I'd be shocked if more than a handful of late-game players don't have well over 1,000 of each relic.
Even with craftin CCs 24/7 that's only a few tournaments where you need to get ~3-4K points.
Sitting in early Ch9 and I have 2.4k - 2.9k of each relic. ;)

Another thing I do, and I know I'm not the only one, is that I'll actively craft my 3 CC relics when they show up, since every full combo essentially multiplies into 4x CC's. (5 relics - 1 used for the CC to craft)

Gladiola

@The Unbeliever My calculation on crafting CC relics is a little different. If a CC requires 3 relics, then you are spending 3 relics plus spell fragments to gain 5 relics, for a net gain of 2 relics. So you get 1.67 CCs for every CC you spend crafting CC-making relics. Plus spell fragments and crafting time and/or timers. In general unless I'm really low on CC relics, this is not worth it for me.

StarLoad

I will be reporting on this next week.
And of course the Artifacts use the same space as petfood, so there goes the petfood supply down the toilet, oh and more artifacts in the spire mean less chances to win a DA, so cool and lets toss in a few more of teh evolving bldgs to the mix and reduces the number of UUU, MMM and ELR that we can get. Anyone see a pattern here ......

Gladiola

@helya Do you think there's any chance to persuade the developers that if we already have 10 Stonehenge artifacts in our inventory no more should show up in the MA for crafting? Obviously the coding exists to do this since they can make sure we can't get more than one Moonstone library. I don't plan to place the Stonehenge building, but I'd be willing to win and/or craft enough artifacts to evolve it solely for the purpose of having them not show up in my MA and displace the pet food, relics and phoenix artifacts that I actually want.

Thank you for taking this under advisement!

DeletedUser26243

@The Unbeliever where I see having multiples of the relic-producing building potentially being useful is for very late-game players who now have +2 boosted Ascended goods and need to make sure to keep their relic stash for those above 500. Players with an extra building will be able to craft and produce catalysts and other spells (and Pet food with the tier 3+2 relic) a little more freely without worrying about eating into their relics for boosted Ascended goods. For players who are very active in the tournament maybe this isn't an issue, but for people who haven't been consistent tournament warriors it could be a help.

Some of the late-game players now might have started before crafting CCs was such an important part of the game and might have built up those relic stashes over time. As a more recent player who doesn't have multiple libraries and still crafts actively, my +2 relics are in shorter supply, and I don't know what that will look like when I hit Ascended Goods.
What are the ascended goods?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
And of course the Artifacts use the same space as petfood, so there goes the petfood supply down the toilet, oh and more artifacts in the spire mean less chances to win a DA, so cool and lets toss in a few more of teh evolving bldgs to the mix and reduces the number of UUU, MMM and ELR that we can get. Anyone see a pattern here ......

Unless you already have one of every evolving building in your city or inventory, then none of the bases will ever get in your way.

Gladiola

@nativedeer Ascended Goods are unlocked in chapter 18 and beyond. They are based on your boosted goods plus 2. They are made in manufactories of level 32 and above. So for example my boost is marble. My sentient good boost will be platinum (made in steel factories) and my ascended goods boost will be scholarly sprouts (made in planks factories).

BAChief

Is the spire of eternity a tournament?...and will the mermaid theme eventually come around again to obtain the artifacts if in chapt 2 now and unable to play or did I just waste time and resources crafting the Mermaids Paradise? Please anyone help.

Gladiola

No, the Spire and the tournament are two different things. Yes, the Mermaid artifacts are supposed to come around again eventually, although it will probably be a matter of months.

As for whether you wasted time and resources crafting Mermaids Paradise ... it's a really pretty building. I don't plan to craft or build it, but a lot of people like it. I know everything is in short supply when you are very new (I am in chapter 4 in my most advanced city and have another city in chapter 2), but don't worry about it too much. You will have lots of changes to win great prizes and goodies along the way. There are very few game-breaking mistakes in Elvenar. (None that I know of for sure, although upgrading barracks or main hall cannot be reversed and might take a while to grow out of if you decide later you should have left it one level lower).

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Mermaid will be available on live realms this week as well. Next week it will be the Three Bears. We will see the change on Beta in a few hours, where I will be comparing chests to the existing ones. Fingers crossed y'all (@ed1960).

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
Do you think there's any chance to persuade the developers that if we already have 10 Stonehenge artifacts in our inventory no more should show up in the MA for crafting?
It's certainly something I'd consider forwarding, but I think it might be best to put it to a vote first, could you add it to the suggestions thread and I'll open a poll? I'd hate to forward a suggestion and then later find out the majority of players want 20 Stonehenge Artifacts in their inventory for some reason that is beyond me :D

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I'd hate to forward a suggestion and then later find out the majority of players want 20 Stonehenge Artifacts in their inventory for some reason that is beyond me :D
Here it is: Many evolution buildings are good, but not all the time. E.g. I have no mana needs at the moment, but if that changes I'd like to place some evo's that I have banked BUT I'm holding out for the devs to finally get around to making them teleportable. Until then the hoarding continues.

DeletedUser27062

@The Unbeliever My calculation on crafting CC relics is a little different. If a CC requires 3 relics, then you are spending 3 relics plus spell fragments to gain 5 relics, for a net gain of 2 relics. So you get 1.67 CCs for every CC you spend crafting CC-making relics. Plus spell fragments and crafting time and/or timers. In general unless I'm really low on CC relics, this is not worth it for me.
This is the beauty of elvenar - different strokes for different folks.
@The Unbeliever has been playing for much longer than you and is in a gold Spire fs. This means he's most likely going to have a lot of spell frags and a large cache of timers. Crafting relics for CC isn't an attractive option for you but for others turning 10 CC into 16.7 is smart. Also, those same relics used to create CC can be used to make other spells. It's not wasteful.
In my cities where I have a lot of spell frags I frequently craft small timers - 10,15, 30, 45 minute ones as well as 1 & 2 hr ones. I often use timers to speed up production. This may seem counterproductive - using a 5 hr timer on a batch of 30 minute timers but I have an abundance of 5hr timers (about 80-90) and if I don't convert them I'd end up wasting part of them anyway. Who wants to burn a 5hr timer to complete something that only needs 20 minutes?

DeletedUser27062

Is the spire of eternity a tournament?...and will the mermaid theme eventually come around again to obtain the artifacts if in chapt 2 now and unable to play or did I just waste time and resources crafting the Mermaids Paradise? Please anyone help.
The artifacts will most likely show up in the Magic Academy where you'll be able to craft them. Chances are that will happen in around 8-10 weeks if this new artifact crafting things continues (and there's every reason to believe it will).

The Unbeliever

If you play the Spire, especially to at least Lv2 every week, you will very quickly amass far more spell frags than you can ever hope to spend...
If you still have Moonstone Set/evo buildings to craft so as to at least remove them from the craftable items pool, then resources can still be somewhat dicey. Ditto for anyone who's still looking to craft up phoenix artifacts.

For myself, I craft relics as a way to help supplement my lower tournament play (avg 1800'ish pts/week), while still constantly growing my relic stashes so that I will never worry about running low.

I don't need to craft spells, except for the odd event quest, since the weekly tournaments give me plenty & my city has been planned to produce slightly more than it will consume on an average daily basis.
Only iffy resource is the Orks resource, which is much harder to produce in large bulk through just Armouries, and basically requires use of event buildings. (ie: Ork Nest which is craftable thank god, Ork Ships from last year's Air Trader event & Witch's Hut is an especially great producer!)

I also take my time to sit and camp each chapter, amassing piles of resources so that even if I hit a couple of particularly expensive weeks, I'm never in danger of my resources dropping to critical levels. (...exception being the above mentioned Orks resource, which is basically impossible to maintain in the early Ork chapters on just armouries alone;))

Iyapo1

If you play the Spire, especially to at least Lv2 every week, you will very quickly amass far more spell frags than you can ever hope to spend...
This is not true unless you craft very little or have a boneyard(past or present). Given your years of play and linked cities is perfectly understandable that you have excess spell fragments and a diamond hoard.

Most players dont have your surplus of diamonds and many players craft often to open the mystical object for the chance at diamonds. Boneyards are a legacy build so new players do not have and will not be able to get excessive spell fragments unless they reduce crafting.

The Unbeliever

This is not true unless you craft very little or have a boneyard(past or present). Given your years of play and linked cities is perfectly understandable that you have excess spell fragments and a diamond hoard.

Most players dont have your surplus of diamonds and many players craft often to open the mystical object for the chance at diamonds. Boneyards are a legacy build so new players do not have and will not be able to get excessive spell fragments unless they reduce crafting.
Dad & I only have a 'sizable pile of diamonds' because there's been nothing actually worth spending the damn things on!
More expansions? Sure, if we want to make our tournies + spire harder...
Magic buildings? Especially for dad, after nearly 2 years of the spire, he has more magic buildings than he can place!
Events? Why bother when the prizes have been mostly hot garbage for so long?

The only thing we spend dias on is an extra turn for negotiating in the spire, and we win back far more than we spend every week, hence why we have so many of them. :p

It doesn't take that long to build up a sizable pile of junk, just find a good fellowship that isn't full of noob-hating elitists. :p

The only real hurdle is to get ALL those annoying evo buildings out of the crafting rotation since those *do* eat up a metric gak ton of CC's & frags to craft. (...and more annoyingly, will make it near impossible to ever get even a single UUU/ELR/MMM to show up!)
Once you establish yourself in a decent fellowship that can hit 10 chests every week, (which isn't hard anymore), and gain the Lv2 fellowship rewards from the Spire every week, you will have more than sufficient resources to maintain everything.

Does it happen over night? Of course not!
Is it possible to achieve within 6-10 months? Absolutely.

Status
Not open for further replies.