• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

News from Beta - May Contain Spoilers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser27062

Question for Beta peeps. In the Misty Forest events it is always most efficient to buy the biggest package of lights. Does this also hold true for the Buried City?
Yes the biggest package is the most efficient. Cost-wise it works that the vacuum vials (round bottles) are free which is just as well considering how inefficient they are. You'd need to clear five spaces at a minimum to justify the cost of them.

The Unbeliever

Yes the biggest package is the most efficient. Cost-wise it works that the vacuum vials (round bottles) are free which is just as well considering how inefficient they are. You'd need to clear five spaces at a minimum to justify the cost of them.
The whole point of Vacuum Vials is not to clear masses of sand/fog, but rather, they're there to avoid using 3-4+ candles/lanterns to navigate out of narrow alleys and/or to cut around corners...

The most efficient way to play is to keep the screen scrolling to the right vs. trying to uncover everything.

Huor

As I play these for the grand prize, I buy in with the big package only and I always keep moving forward. I only use a tool off the path for either grand prize token or a tool. Other than that, if it didn't uncover during the move, it stays behind. Unless of course it's a bag of fifties.

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
News from Beta Server - Notifications are no longer capped at ten pages! Now all history is shown for five days!!
This means that you can visit twice a week and still not miss returning the visit of anyone who visited you - though or course you don't get Supplies if you wait too long to return the visit.

"Dear Humans and Elves, Today's update includes the following content:
Balancing: The notification history has been changed from 10 pages to 5 days."

Wonderful news! No longer will we miss neighbor's who visit us, who are then forced off the bottom of the page before you can return the visit!!
:) :) :)
Now that we have so many more active neighbors after The Big Move, this was an essential change. Well done designers!!

It would be smart now to re-visit every neighbor on your map, to reopen contact with lost regular visitors. If that seems like too many, try visiting everyone who is in a fellowship which may perhaps indicate that they are active. Visits on the Mobile App are much faster than on the Browser - for those who did not know.

274025765_10220539008365828_3486446265814546122_n.jpg

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I want a Moon Bear also! The pet food effect is not great and I doubt I would ever use that. But at high levels the Moon Bear is a great producer of sentient goods and it also gives 3 KP a day. Which is really good for a 3x3 building. The other evolving buildings which give 3 KP a day tend to be 4x4 in size.
The funny thing is that I DID play in the Moon Bear event. But at the time I chose to convert all my Moonbear artifacts into regular Bear artifacts in order to start making a Brown Bear. Because Brown Bear is so good, I still feel that was the right decision to make at the time and would not change my mind if I had it over to do again. But I'm glad to be getting a 2nd chance at Moonbear artifacts.
I want me some kp baaaaad!

But I only have one moon bear artifact in storage (don't ask me how I got that one since I wouldn't have sold extras and I surely wouldn't have won only one). I did sell the base because it was in dwarves or fairies, but I will really be going for those artifacts and the new base ... I have 7 techs left in 16. I may wait for a chap 17 base if it doesn't take forever to do those 7.

DeletedUser27062

The whole point of Vacuum Vials is not to clear masses of sand/fog, but rather, they're there to avoid using 3-4+ candles/lanterns to navigate out of narrow alleys and/or to cut around corners...

The most efficient way to play is to keep the screen scrolling to the right vs. trying to uncover everything.
I don't try to uncover everything. The vacuum vials are only cost effective if you can clear 5 or more spaces given that they cost 5 times as much as a shovel. This is why they're pretty much useless but make the 420 pack worth it. As freebies at least they blast holes.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
@Jackluyt Do you know if this will also apply to the mobile version since our notifications are not displayed the same as in the browser?
Silver Lady, another Beta tester launched a mobile emulator and said that it's not working on that platform yet. I can't say how relieved I am, that this is running on Browser because I had heard a rumor that had this backwards.
To be honest I have always had more notices on Browser than mobile app.

Status
Not open for further replies.