• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

News from Beta - May Contain Spoilers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ekarat

That just means you were always lucky enough to win enough extra currency. So the RNG was good to you.

No, if enough repeated tries yield the same result, it means I'm doing it better.
I do take the opportunity cost of the size of the chest into consideration in my calculations.

ekarat

Chose which chests are the best for whatever you want (most kp, most daylie prices, most...) and the "thinking part" is done. The rest is up to rng (there is no hidden 3d chess) .

Yes, and almost everyone gets that wrong.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
No, if enough repeated tries yield the same result, it means I'm doing it better.
I do take the opportunity cost of the size of the chest into consideration in my calculations.

You can still choose the perfect chests and if you win zero currency back, you fail at completing the building or set. This event requires a player to win around 1000 extra currency to get 9 artifacts, assuming zero money or diamonds spent on the event.

The Unbeliever

If you're a fighter, the Twilight Phoenix is a must. It may not resurect as many troops as you wish and it may require more pet food than you're willing to use, but boy is it going to be fun. I just can't wait to use it.

The Twilight Phoenix may also be a one time opportunity. Artifacts for other types of Phoenixes are or will be available in the MA or Spire. But the Twilight Phoenix may not be available again so if you don't get it now you may never get the chance to see it in your city again. I wouldn't waste this opportunity if I were you.
You're forced to become a manual fighter to make full & proper use of the Twilight Chicken... (and the manual fight system is absolute garbage, AND, cannot be used by mobile players!Lol.)
The AI in this game is beyond pants-on-head stupid, and even forcing the enemy to 'waste' a single attack to kill a few remnants isn't going to make up much for how gakky the AI uses the rest of your units.

A better buff would've just been a strait up '5% HP boost' perma effect. (ie: no pet food requirement)
Remove all the other bonuses beyond the pop + culture if the devs are really uppity about their mythical "game balance" nonsense, and give it a totally different feeding bonus.
Boom! It would be an auto-buy for most players holding a few thousand dias, and the whales would have thrown their wallets at the game!

Henroo

Oh Wise One
You can still choose the perfect chests and if you win zero currency back, you fail at completing the building or set. This event requires a player to win around 1000 extra currency to get 9 artifacts, assuming zero money or diamonds spent on the event.
Is that 1000 extra current with Ashen Phoenix or without? It looks like a fully evolved Ashen will give something around 110 extra currency assuming you complete all quests. Also, when you say 1000 extra currency are you accounting for picking up extra currency around the edge of the city?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Is that 1000 extra current with Ashen Phoenix or without? It looks like a fully evolved Ashen will give something around 110 extra currency assuming you complete all quests. Also, when you say 1000 extra currency are you accounting for picking up extra currency around the edge of the city?

With Ashen and lots of spawns that are 2 or 3, not just 1, but no money or diamonds or stash outpost bought. But that does not include the 100 essence from the newsletter, since we do not get that on Beta. I won 1100 extra essence from chests, so I already subtracted that 100 from what I won for what a Live city with the newsletter would need to win. If you get perfectly optimal chests, you could do it with winning back 900 essence, but there are times when the game makes you choose from the 3 worst chests, so I never base my numbers on being perfectly optimal.

The Fairy

Scroll-Keeper, Buddy Fan Club Member
You're forced to become a manual fighter to make full & proper use of the Twilight Chicken.

Why are you forced to fight manually? As I see it then the Twilight Phoenix is really great if you have close to zero tourney cooldown due to a high level timewarp and polar bear, so that you can fit in all 6 tourney rounds and all of spire (if you timeboost the doors) on one feeding. And the more you fight the more useful it is. But why has it to be manual? I autofight only and am looking forward to getting it!

mikeledo

I have three cities with zero cooldown. I used the Twilight Phoenix in all three today auto fighting. Takes about 3 hours for me to do 25 rounds plus the spire. Makes for a long day. Working on a second one. More than that would be unsustainable for constant weekly use with petfood.

Raccon

Why are you forced to fight manually? As I see it then the Twilight Phoenix is really great if you have close to zero tourney cooldown due to a high level timewarp and polar bear, so that you can fit in all 6 tourney rounds and all of spire (if you timeboost the doors) on one feeding. And the more you fight the more useful it is. But why has it to be manual? I autofight only and am looking forward to getting it!
Sometimes you're lucky and get managable enemy troop compositions in all two or three waves in Spire so auto fight could work most of the time. However, often times, there are at least 2-3 encounters in Spire that makes auto fighting a guaranteed loss. So, after each auto fight defeat I switch to manual fight the same encounters with the same troop types and I win!
I auto fight only because I can finish more provinces in tournaments and get to the top in the Spire, however I always end up manual fighting at least 3 to 4 of the encounters in Spire after failing to win them in auto fight mode.

The Unbeliever

Sometimes you're lucky and get managable enemy troop compositions in all two or three waves in Spire so auto fight could work most of the time. However, often times, there are at least 2-3 encounters in Spire that makes auto fighting a guaranteed loss. So, after each auto fight defeat I switch to manual fight the same encounters with the same troop types and I win!
I auto fight only because I can finish more provinces in tournaments and get to the top in the Spire, however I always end up manual fighting at least 3 to 4 of the encounters in Spire after failing to win them in auto fight mode.
@The Fairy: This.
The AI is beyond dumb as all gak in this game, and it generally will use your troops in the most tactically slowed ways possible, thus ensuring you suffer maximum casualties.

I don't manual fight myself, simply because the interface is the absolute battle system I've ever seen in a platform game, and trust me, I've played tons of different games from various classic JRPGs to Fire Emblem style games, FF Tactics/Ogre Battle and RTS games...
Manual fighting in this game is just brutally soul crushing in how slow and unimaginative the system is! (not to mention that after 2-3 very slow fights, the system has a panic attack and goes glitchy as all get up! >.< )

If it was honestly even remotely possible to play this game without any need for military units & upgrades, I'd do it, because the military aspects of this game are absolute garbonzo beans. :p

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
I don't manual fight myself, simply because the interface is the absolute battle system I've ever seen in a platform game, and trust me, I've played tons of different games from various classic JRPGs to Fire Emblem style games, FF Tactics/Ogre Battle and RTS games...
Manual fighting in this game is just brutally soul crushing in how slow and unimaginative the system is! (not to mention that after 2-3 very slow fights, the system has a panic attack and goes glitchy as all get up! >.< )
It’s less like Street Fighter and more like Chess, also a very classic game. It’s all about who goes when and positioning.

Zoof

idk. I prefer the manual fighting. At least, when I have time to do it. I agree that it's a bit slow, but once you've pushed that button to speed things up a bit, it's not that bad.

For most of the straightforward fights, you can probably get away with manually doing the first turn, then auto / see results afterward, since most of the blinding idiocy that I've seen happen usually happens on the first turn.

I'm keeping a tight rein on my pointy-stick and firey-stick people in less-than-straightforward messes, though. Victory with a complete type disadvantage invites all kinds of orphaned brain cell activities.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
The Manual vs Auto argument relies a lot on what kinds of boosts your troops get. The more bonuses, the easier auto-fighting is. With the five AWs that boost troop damage and the AW for health boost all between level 14 and 18, a fed level 10 Fire Phoenix, one Dwarven Armorer, and one each of the mage and light ranged boost buildings out, I can auto-fight the entire Spire and easily do 5000+ in the tournament. And because auto takes a lot less time than manual, I will stay with auto.

Flashfyre

Some of us don't have the option to manual fight. I can't say whether my win/loss experience is different than those who manual fight, but I have learned what troop mix works for most encounters, and I can usually fight at least half the Spire and 2/3rds of the Tourney without great loss. On some occasions, with the various boost buildings and all, I can fight almost the whole Tourney.

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
The new 'Naturally Amazing' event starts in Beta Server at 11 a.m. German CEST on Thursday (5 a.m. EST). I will post full event details here, soon after it starts - watch this space.
Our event notes are free for everyone to use, and are in a format that can be opened on an ordinary PC without needing any special programs.
Note that the version we record in Beta may not be exactly the same as the version that comes to Live Worlds.

278127797_10220776342499033_3476804193225336200_n.jpg

Last edited:

The Unbeliever

My guess is this will be a shuffleboard style mini game, as this looks like it might be hinting at the May/late Spring theme with May Day/Fairy Queen events we've had the past couple years...
Note I have no actual info, I'm just making a 'best educated gut feeling guess'. ;)

If it is, then our events calendar is looking like:
Jan - Sorc's Pilgrimage (3 rotating chests/other)
Feb - Amunii themed Archaeology event (digging game)
Mar - FA
April - Phoenix (3 rotating chests/other)
May - Spring (Shuffleboard?)
Jun - FA (**note, Sorc's event was here last year!)
July - Elvarian Games/Summer (*3 rotating chests/other last year)
Aug - 'new' event? (dear gods, please put the FoE Wildlife mini game here!! :D)
Sept - FA + Fall Bears? (*3 rotating chests/other in previous years)
Oct/Nov - Halloween (digging game)
Nov - FA
Dec - Winter (*shuffleboard last year)

Just my predictions based on some random whisperings in the Warp...

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
Release Notes version 1.151

Dear Humans and Elves,
We have updated Elvenar Beta to version 1.151! Today's update includes the following content:

Balancing

• For the Grounds of the Orc Strategist and the Bumblebee Stables culture output was slightly reduced and unit production output was increased.
Please let us know your thoughts in our feedback thread!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Beta Team

278124409_10220776935713863_2258579394169614451_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.