• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

News from Beta - May Contain Spoilers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaidenFair

Chef - Head Philologist
Never considered this, but what is the best use of pet food for a catering city? I mean, my primary uses of pet food are Fire Phoenix and Brown Bear. Both of which are entirely military oriented. Of course I also feed Ashen Phoenix at the start of every event and Red Panda Master during fellowship adventure. But these are only occasional.
Personally, I don’t feed anything super consistently. Every once in a while, when I remember, I feed my Panda Bear, then pull my woefully underchaptered Storm Phoenix out of mothballs, feed both it and the Aureate Phoenix 4 times (so it lasts a full day), sparkle all my manufactories, and rake in the goods. I usually feed my Watchful Winter Owl a couple times a week (one feeding is worth more than a day’s production of one manufactory for me, and if I get 2 collections out of the same feeding, all the better). Also feed the Ashen before events, and Panda Master during FAs. I’ve been feeding the Witty Raccoon for extra KP while I’m trying to rush upgrade some wonders, and probably will do it occasionally for a big boost in S1 once I start moving forward in Elementals. I expect when the next Phoenix comes out, I’ll probably feed it once a week for the third floor of Spire, although I’ll want to check the math like Iyapo.

I try to keep it flexible, so that I don’t end up depending on the feeding effect of anything to keep my goods levels up, for example. I don’t want my game to fall apart because there’s a sudden shortage of pet food, you know? I just treat them all as nice bonuses, so it’s pretty random what and when I feed.

BrinDarby

I'm concerned that they are offering it because they are about to do something terrible to the spire that will greatly increase spire catering costs. Why else have it be limited to spire only?

Lets see Inno's track record .....

when they "fix'd" the Spire (scrolls) they nerf'd it.
when we got RedPandaMaster, then they nerf'd the MA.
when we got Ashen Phoenix, they nerf'd event currency...

basically if you don't have these and @ S10, then you
got more nerf'd, with them just a slight nerf.

if they give us 10%, they will take 15% away somehow...

Iyapo

Personal Conductor
@Henroo
I have never played long enough to get a Storm Phoenix evolved, I imagine that would be a good good one with speedups.

I fed the Polar bear, Ashen Phoenix, Red panda, coldfire phoenix and occasionally the watchful owl in my old cities. In my new city I don't have the red panda or the ashen(and considering the MA nerf and Ashen nerf, i doubt i will put either out), I also do not have enough speedup timers (yet) to make good use of the coldfire. So, polar bear.

@Alram.....eeakk! No!

Ihrlaen

Or not. I just did math....I have a catering city, once i get it balanced out(chapter 7ish, a 10% discount on spire is less than a single day of productions for me. I think it will look better for a hybrid city, I also think it will get lost among the other pets that need food.

Do you think having 2 @ 10% would change your opinions? As a hybrid player, I certainly see some advantages particularly in taking the edge off of those weeks that lean heavily on a few particular resources (I have no sprouts right now. None.)

But also have a bias that really clouds it all...

(PHOENIXESESES!)

Iyapo

Personal Conductor
@Ihrlaen
As a hybrid player, would you ever have the pet food to feed 2 of them?

Gold Spire eats approximately 3 days of production for me. Two pet foods for a 20% discount is still less than a full day of production. I think I would rather use an MM on one manufactory and a handful of speed up timers to take the edge off.

Iyapo

Personal Conductor
Whenever they replace something, they never replace the cheapest thing ... it's usually the more expensive one. :(

As much as I see newer players jumping for joy, they should remember that there is going to come a time when they'll wish it hadn't changed. Once you have enough spell frags, you really don't want a whole lot more. It gets

I have not seen anyone jumping for joy over the diamond adjustment.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Never considered this, but what is the best use of pet food for a catering city? I mean, my primary uses of pet food are Fire Phoenix and Brown Bear. Both of which are entirely military oriented. Of course I also feed Ashen Phoenix at the start of every event and Red Panda Master during fellowship adventure. But these are only occasional.
Mostly Storm and Aureate feeding for boosting goods to cater with, at least in my experience.

Darielle

I have not seen anyone jumping for joy over the diamond adjustment.
I got that impression from the fact that I was told, basically, that the only ones who have enough spell frags are the ones with moonstones. He seemed to be happy about the frags coming. If you read it differently, that's valid, too.

Ihrlaen

I think the hard part is that this (changes to spell fragment rewards) is only half of the equation. How much one uses the MA is just as important. For example, I have the same weekly income as @MaidenFair , but instead of 100k+ spell fragments, I routinely bottom out at less than 1k and seldom have more than 20k.

I just wish the changes were coming at the expense of lower value rewards instead of diamonds (or the buildings).

Last edited:

Iyapo

Personal Conductor
I got that impression from the fact that I was told, basically, that the only ones who have enough spell frags are the ones with moonstones. He seemed to be happy about the frags coming. If you read it differently, that's valid, too.

I agree that only players with more than 1 library set have enough spell fragments to craft 24/7 multiple items per rotation. It is a massive advantage that i bitterly resent.

I need and appreciate more spell fragments. I am happy about more spell fragments, I am not jumping for joy at the diamond shuffle. No one is rejoicing that.

I have not done the math but I am willing to bet that inno did. Increased frags = Increased crafting = increased chance at diamonds in the mystical object = diamond nerf in spire to compensate for projected mystical object diamond gains.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
I have not done the math but I am willing to bet that inno did. Increased frags = Increased crafting = increased chance at diamonds in the mystical object = diamond nerf in spire to compensate for projected mystical object diamond gains.
But the the MO chest is so nerfed that most people are now surprised to actually win diamonds there instead of dingbat toilets or silly balloons. I will now continue my apology tour as this happened after the removal of certain wintery themed light decorations from the rotation that I may or may not have hyperfocused on in past complaints.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
But the the MO chest is so nerfed that most people are now surprised to actually win diamonds there instead of dingbat toilets or silly balloons. I will now continue my apology tour as this happened after the removal of certain wintery themed light decorations from the rotation that I may or may not have hyperfocused on in past complaints.
Aww hon. We love you even if you do attract Lampions.

The RNG on Spire prizes has been very odd lately. I have a lot of Witch Summoning Artifacts. Someone remind me, did the Bruno avatar come before the second base? (Eesh I am likely to be checking my notes in several places now) It was really hard to get, and I wanted one in every city but only succeeded in one, iirc. So the multitude of Artifacts are not particularly helpful to hoarders like me.

I would rather have diamonds, to be honest.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Boo!! I was right, Bruno avatar was in front of the second base.
Screenshot_20230314-211614_Discord.jpg

hoopity

I agree that only players with more than 1 library set have enough spell fragments to craft 24/7 multiple items per rotation. It is a massive advantage that i bitterly resent.

I need and appreciate more spell fragments. I am happy about more spell fragments, I am not jumping for joy at the diamond shuffle. No one is rejoicing that.

I doubt this is anything other than a clear diamond reduction.

It's been a while since I've looked at the numbers but I believe each Mystical Object is worth an average of 35 diamonds. That 35 is a little less than the spire diamond reduction, so using fuzzy math, the increased spell fragments would have to yield an extra 100-120 VV per week. I think the extra spell frags will account for about a quarter of that.

Darielle

That's a consideration I hadn't thought of; but since they already nerfed the diamond ability in the MA, you'd think that would have compensated for this. But I understand that they want to balance it based on what they do now, not what they've already done. Seems to me they are cutting more and more ways to earn diamonds.

Maeryn

They made a bit of a diamond problem when they allowed everyone to have more than one city in two ways. First, by allowing the cities below I think it is chapter 3 be deleted after around a month of no logging with one or two requirements no diamond spending nor diamond purchasing in any other world. Secondly, players can create 7 cities capable of going to the top of the spire having new players unlock the spire at chapter 5 doesn't stop this from happening probably makes the mining cities more appealing since they can score higher in the tournament which gold spire fellowships are looking for too.

Status
Not open for further replies.