• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

News from Beta - May Contain Spoilers!

Yogi Dave

On Discord, the announcement for the winter event was a copy of the beta one saying Nov. 11, but then the CM, Solaris, posted, "The event will run from 05 Dec 2023 to 06 Jan 2024". So, it's official now.

Yogi Dave

Deadeye Jerry11/21/2023 7:17 AM

Chapter 6-10 Improved Progression​

We are happy that our redesign of the first chapters with better quests worked out well and was able to improve the game for new players. We also know that some find our chapter progress slow and the rewards weak.

This is why we are continuing the redesign of the other chapters to help players not get stuck or lost by:
  • improving the quests to guide you better in building your settlement
  • improving the quests to guide you better in building your settlement
  • adjusting the costs to make your city and economy more meaningful
  • increasing the rewards of the main quests to make them more worthwhile * we won’t change the story and we will add very few new quests
You can test all of this on Beta, from November 21 in the chapters from 6 to 10 included.

The new balancing will start right after the update. The improved questline will start when you enter the next chapter after the one you are now. For example, if you are in chapter 6, you will continue the old questline until chapter 7. Then you will play the new version.
Note: your quest progress may be behind your research progress, but this doesn’t matter. As a technical side effect, you may get the first quest of a redesigned chapter again when you enter a new chapter after the update.

Thanks a lot and let us know what you think about this improved progression in <following was a link to discord>⁠Chapter 6-10 Improved Progressi…!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team
--------------------
This was followed by this
-------------------

Deadeye Jerry11/23/2023 10:38 AM​

Dear Humans and Elves, You can get
  • up to 3 Story Quests from old chapters: the very first from chapters 7 (Fairies), 8 (Orcs), and 9 (Woodelves) - play for the rewards, or skip them as you wish
    • it depends on your current chapter and differs a bit per account, but it's only 3 quests at maximum
  • 7 new Fairy-chapter related quests which are new but might feel outdated for you - play or skip as you wish
  • if you have placed one of the Fairy Ancient Wonders, you are also rewarded with 5 additional quests (for each of the two AW) with strong rewards; they are also optional - play or skip
In case you wonder why you have this mix of old and new quests now, and why we couldn't avoid it.
When we made the changes to the questlines of chapters 1-5 a few months ago, you remember that we had to migrate your quests several times, and this caused unfortunate side effects, which have been rightfully criticized.
We took your feedback and searched for alternative approaches in the future to avoid the same situation again. Your quest progress has not been touched this time, and we hope you appreciate this change. These couple of quests popping up is the "trade-off" for this new approach.
Last note: the last 4 quests of the new Fairy-chapter have now alternative success conditions to make them easy (or even auto-) completable. 2 of them had a bug that they couldn't complete, which is fixed now as well.

Thanks a lot and let us know what you think about this improved progression in <following was a link to discord>⁠Chapter 6-10 Improved Progressi…!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

Yogi Dave

Deadeye JerryToday at 7:48 AM​

Hi everyone!

We have some news for the ads​

As you may know, a test involving the option to see ads in the game has been running for some time and only some players had access to this new feature. We have collected useful data and decided to move on with a new version of the test. Tomorrow, in the late morning, the old test will end on Beta and a new one will start.

In this new test, everyone will get the option to see those ads, and there will be minor differences in how many you can see and the linked rewards. The objective is to find the right balance. Not everyone will get exactly the same experience as we are testing different options, but everyone will be part of the new test and experience the feature.

Next year, this new test will also arrive to all other live servers. Thanks a lot for the feedback you have shared so far and for your support as we keep iterating!

Thank you for your help and assistance!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

quin629

Some players have ads in 2 different spots in the game - the Hobby Room and the random ad in the grass outside your city. Which one are they talking about? Do we know if everyone is eventually going to get the Hobby Room?

BrinDarby

Will we have a way to op out of any and all ads? My experience with popup ads has been dreadful.
I don't play games with ingame ads/popups.
If a F2P game cannot support itself thru good
game mgmt & ingame sales, I'll find another game.
Far too many players whom will never come here
or say anything also share this view.

Inno, add the ability to opt out of adds, before
you rollout gamewide adds. ( please/thank you );)

quin629

Neither the current Hobby Room option or the ad reel laying in the grass are popups; both require you to affirmatively select them and then opt to watch the ad. Since the announcement language still says "everyone will get the option to see those ads" my assumption is that the viewing process will be the same.

Silver Lady

Still not happy. I’ve spent real money on this game and I don’t want ”reels in the grass” or a hobby room in the builder cluttering up my city and invading my game.

Edit: I already have the Caldron tab that I ignore in the MA and the associated notices that go with it.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Seriously how many people even go to their builders hut. I have the ads and forget all the time about it as it is out of the way and I played for years with nothing in that building. Even the ones around the town I forget it is there all the time. The one I wish I would remember is the troop revive one, that is handy for a 5-10sec add (especially in spire).