• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

News from Discord - May Contain Info!

Yogi Dave

it just showed up about 10 seconds ago at time of this post and what it does is turn my entire city in to a color coded 2-d format ? i thought this was suppossed to just invisible 1 bldg you wanted to see around, not the entire city ? hide a bldg is not dissapear the entire city lol like elvenstats i kinda like this better than making 1 bldg invisible
It looks like it does on mobile. I like it.
I wonder when this is going to make it in... All of the other advertised changes are now live (along with a few unannounced ones) but not this one.
My bad. Beta got it on the 25th. Live, the 28th. Actually, I think they changed the announcement since I know I copied the text from discord.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
i don't see the advantage on pc, you just click on the bldg move it over and look, and if needed teleport something, place another or move on .. but i use a gianormaous screen to play the game on, i would have stopped playing day 2 on a phone app lol
It doesn't matter how big your screen is. You will never be able to see a small room blocked behind your Main Hall or <insert tall building>, for instance. Or it doesn't even have to be an issue of one building occluding another. Maybe you left a row of tile space and didn't move everything together all cleanly flush because you can't see anything from the building canopy. That one happens all the time when I view my city in Elvenarchitect. Ohh, look at all that space I wasted cause I can't see anything! Also useful, expired buildings are greyed out in blueprint mode. Even on an 80" screen, you'd have to click on the building to see if it's expired for cases like military buff buildings or whatever.

Silver Lady

Halloween event has been announced for Beta, to start next week. That will make 3 events in a row and no FA.
What the hay!!! I think this is a case of “Be careful what you* ask for.” and unfortunately I think we got it.

*Edit: left out the word “you“ in original post.

Last edited:

Pheryll

Set Designer
Lol I was kind of thinking the same thing. I hate to speculate what's in store for us, I don't want to give anyone ideas.
Well Halloween is only 4 artifacts plus set pieces, and people have grumbled about set pieces in FA, so I would think that the Halloween event would be the one excluded from the FA rewards.

Dhurrin

Which once again screws over smaller cities more than larger ones. For larger cities it is easier to complete all the quests of the regular events and gain all needed artifacts to fully evolve the building, while a lot of smaller cities depend on the FSA to gain an extra artifact.

hvariidh gwendrot

yes it does not matter how big the screen is when small bldgs get hidden behind big ones, thus the click move button and wiggle the large bldg around and tadah, you see the small bldg or whatever is behind the bigger one, there it is no need for hide 1 bldg, which btw was what the original explaination for this was >>> hide a bldg <<< so now the button says hide buildings (plural) so my statement that it is not what they said it would be is correct, the fact they changed it after the fact is just another inno thing, doesn't chnage the fact this is better than hiding 1 building .. now if you guys want to try and find a flaw in this post you got real problems hahaha

elvenbee

yes it does not matter how big the screen is when small bldgs get hidden behind big ones, thus the click move button and wiggle the large bldg around and tadah, you see the small bldg or whatever is behind the bigger one, there it is no need for hide 1 bldg, which btw was what the original explaination for this was >>> hide a bldg <<< so now the button says hide buildings (plural) so my statement that it is not what they said it would be is correct, the fact they changed it after the fact is just another inno thing, doesn't chnage the fact this is better than hiding 1 building .. now if you guys want to try and find a flaw in this post you got real problems hahaha
If you go back and look at Yogi Dave's original post, that was not the original explanation for it. The original post stated "Hide Buildings", so they were upfront and honest about it.
Dear Humans and Elves,

Due to popular demand, we are very pleased to introduce the hide buildings option for our browser players.
Sadly, we couldn't watch the video on the forum. If we had been able to, it would have been apparent what they were saying with the "Hide Buildings" feature. We've had it on mobile for the 1.5 year I've been playing. Just another reason for them to keep the forums, hopefully they listen...

Dhurrin

If you go back and look at Yogi Dave's original post, that was not the original explanation for it. The original post stated "Hide Buildings", so they were upfront and honest about it.

Sadly, we couldn't watch the video on the forum. If we had been able to, it would have been apparent what they were saying with the "Hide Buildings" feature. We've had it on mobile for the 1.5 year I've been playing. Just another reason for them to keep the forums, hopefully they listen...

I've been looking in more the last couple of days as I was off. The amount of new posts already is dropping. I'm afraid the forums are already dead, just not buried yet.
More and more functions are being moved to Discord, like the bug-reports.
Though the mods will pass on stuff from here to the devs (for now), personally I have the feeling that just ends up in the proverbial drawer, never to be looked at again.

hvariidh gwendrot

oops got me, i sort of skipped to the end when he was saying when "you move a building" .. last release note was 1.182 and we are on 1.184 in my defence, so technically there was no "official" annoucement i'll start following yogi dave for release annoucements

Yogi Dave

Version 1.185​

Dear Humans and Elves, It will go live on the EN servers from October 10th and on all other servers from October 12th. On Mobile, the version will be available during that same week.

Improvements​

• Ancient Wonder gives additional Ranking Points for every level of every Ancient Wonder in the city based on the current Main Hall Ranking Points
  • The ground is grayed out when the building is disconnected or the building is expired in Building Hide Mode.
  • A total of 160 event reward buildings have had a slight production increase (up to at most 5% each) for their respective versions between Chapters 16 and 20, as we found these were cases where upgrading the building did not provide a benefit due to rounding.

Bug fixes​

• We have fixed a quest issue when the quest was not finished after meeting the quest conditions.
  • Other minor bugs have been fixed.

Mobile​

• A display issue was fixed for Storm Phoenix.
Do not hesitate to let us know your feedback on the changes by leaving a comment in the discussion thread right here: ⁠⁠feedback-threads⁠Version 1.185 Kind Regards,

Your Elvenar Team.

Yogi Dave

Elovios - USToday at 2:48 AM​

Dear Humans and Elves
df7ba0f4020ca70048a0226d1dfa73f6.svg
, On October 15st, the reward dataset for the Spire of Eternity will be adjusted for the next 6 weeks. Changes:
  • The Glory of the Nimble Artifacts will be phased out as a possible reward for the Spire of Eternity.
  • The Witty Raccoon Artifacts and a craftable building will be phased in instead.
  • The Flower Goblin Epiphany Artifacts will also be phased in for crafting.
Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

EDIT: The date was changed in discord, so I changed it here to the 15th instead of the 1st.

Last edited:

quin629

It is also being reported by users on Discord that there was an additional unannounced change in Version 1.185: the in-game link now only takes you to Discord, not to the Forums. Or, to the screen to create a Discord membership: still no lurking allowed.

If you want to come here, you'll have to bookmark it or use a Google search now.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
It is also being reported by users on Discord that there was an additional unannounced change in Version 1.185: the in-game link now only takes you to Discord, not to the Forums. Or, to the screen to create a Discord membership: still no lurking allowed.

If you want to come here, you'll have to bookmark it or use a Google search now.
When I clicked on the in-game message this morning and was taken to a Discord register screen, I honestly felt like quitting the whole game. I'm beyond pissed. I'd say at least a third of the fun of the game is this forum.

I am seriously rethinking my archmage position, and wondering if I'd be better off as a mage. The changes of the last year, and the glitches, are very frustrating. For my new chapter 3 ID, it is even more frustrating. I am working on a quest that needs two combining catalysts. I didn't even have ccs in the MA until partway through the thing, although I do now (which takes 30 hours to complete, since of course I have no time instants and no way to get them with no spell frags and no buildings to disenchant. I've already disenchanted every one of my AW kp, too.) I wrote to support to complain about it, and I got a cheery message saying that the two ways to get ccs are the spire or through the MA. Since I don't have spire, I'll have to craft them in the MA. I hope this answers your question, blah, blah, blah. Being so close to the end of the event, of course I'm frustrated taking 30 hours on a quest, and there is no alternate.

When I started this game over four years ago, everything was so much fun that even the little frustrations were just fun challenges. Now, it seems I'm constantly frustrated. If it weren't for my team I wouldn't be here. They are worth it ... I've got some of the best people. (I suppose I shouldn't say that to avoid poachers, lol. ... on second thought, if anyone can be poached then they don't belong here in the first place because they haven't found their true home yet. I think the vast majority of my fs have.) How many of you now feel the love/hate relationship that I feel? And it's worse when no one listens to the frustrations and just sends cheery canned notes.

Yogi Dave

t is also being reported by users on Discord that there was an additional unannounced change in Version 1.185: the in-game link now only takes you to Discord, not to the Forums. Or, to the screen to create a Discord membership: still no lurking allowed.

You are talking about this widget?
1697027616081.png

It takes me to this dialog.
1697027661167.png

When I click "Forum", it brings me to the home page of this forum. I'm on the US server using the browser. Are you seeing this new behavior on the mobile app or your browser?

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
You are talking about this widget? View attachment 16662

When I click "Forum", it brings me to the home page of this forum. I'm on the US server using the browser. Are you seeing this new behavior on the mobile app or your browser?
I think he was talking about the in-game announcements and the link in that, not the forum link.

Astram

Forum Moderator
Elvenar Team
You are talking about this widget? View attachment 16662
View attachment 16663
Please note that 1.185 is scheduled for this Thursday, but already on the EN servers as of Tuesday

Count Rupert

Elovios - USToday at 2:48 AM​

Dear Humans and Elves
df7ba0f4020ca70048a0226d1dfa73f6.svg
, On October 1st, the reward dataset for the Spire of Eternity will be adjusted for the next 6 weeks. Changes:
  • The Glory of the Nimble Artifacts will be phased out as a possible reward for the Spire of Eternity.
  • The Witty Raccoon Artifacts and a craftable building will be phased in instead.
  • The Flower Goblin Epiphany Artifacts will also be phased in for crafting.
Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

Me, not the team: Notice that the date for the change is October 1st, yet it is October 11th and the Glory of the Nimble artifact is still in the spire.
It's been corrected to October 15th.