• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

No more Province Expansion :/

DeletedUser4637

I'm very bummed out that I have no more expansion via provinces available to me. I understand part of the challenge is the limited space, but we need more and more space as we progress in the game, and the province expansion helped a great deal with that (and it's still takes a lot of time and resources). I've spent a lot of money on diamonds, and have bought several expansions, and will plan to buy a lot more diamonds (when on discounts), but I do not see myself spending hundreds of dollars for just few expansions. I'm in the Elementals chapter and it requires lot of space for settlement buildings. I am bit discouraged in moving forward in the game with no chance to expand unless I spend outrageous amount of money for just the expansion. I was planning on splurging on diamonds, to spend on different things, but now with no other way to expand, I don't think it's worth it for me to spend more money

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Have you tried Elvenarchitect? It looks like you should be able to free up at least a few expansions with some rearranging.
http://www.elvenarchitect.com/city/planner/5e16b274f8994ae796027a96c5757ba8/

One thing to consider is that the need for normal goods really goes down with each guest race, and you shouldn't need as many factories.

Especially since you no longer need anything to clear on the world map, all you need is a tiny amount for techs, and to supplement your military in tournaments.

I'm cruising through chapter 12 (5 techs left) and I'm doing it with a 2/2/2 build.
Still have room for 40 level 1 event buildings too, even with 17 fewer expansions than you are using.
http://www.elvenarchitect.com/city/planner/560cea3042b44287a0bc88e5c131a1be/

Last edited:

DeletedUser3507

Oh I complain and he knows I complain alot about that specific issue.:D
It's my number 1 complaint about the game, well maybe 2, Space rate's #1...;)

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
Have you tried Elvenarchitect? It looks like you should be able to free up at least a few expansions with some rearranging.
http://www.elvenarchitect.com/city/planner/5e16b274f8994ae796027a96c5757ba8/

One thing to consider is that the need for normal goods really goes down with each guest race, and you shouldn't need as many factories.

Especially since you no longer need anything to clear on the world map, all you need is a tiny amount for techs, and to supplement your military in tournaments.

I'm cruising through chapter 12 (5 techs left) and I'm doing it with a 2/2/2 build.
Still have room for 40 level 1 event buildings too, even with 17 fewer expansions than you are using.
http://www.elvenarchitect.com/city/planner/560cea3042b44287a0bc88e5c131a1be/

if you have the need to redesign cities, feel free to do mine, Soggy!
If you have the need to redesign cities, you can do mine!!!!!

mrallenlg

I hope they activate more expansions from scouting. Only 60 is not enough, and then they give only 1 expansion on the research tree, what a joke. To many fools must be paying the grossly overcharged Diamond expansions.Not much fun to play without access to reasonable expansions. If not looks like soon as you scout for the 60 expansions then game time is up to boring. See what's available for the next race probably nothing to be excited about tho

SoggyShorts

Not much fun to play without access to reasonable expansions. If not looks like soon as you scout for the 60 expansions then game time is up to boring.
I guess it depends on your idea of fun.
For some players having a huge amount of room so that they can build whatever they want is fun.
For other players making meaningful choices as to what buildings they will keep and how they can best design a city that does what they need is fun.

mrallenlg

Fun is being able to get the available expansions filled but can't without Diamonds because I've got all 60 from scouting and you don't allow anymore and so cheesy to only have 1 expansion on the Elementals. Maybe you can share gift codes then so I can get more expansions, then I'll be happy with SoggyShorts (But don't want to know why your Shorts are Soggy)

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
then I'll be happy with SoggyShorts
In case you didn't know, @SoggyShorts (and everyone here that doesn't have the word 'moderator' in their title) is just a player (albeit one with a great deal of useful knowledge he takes the time to share) like you or me. He is also a veteran of the game who does not purchase diamonds. And as far as I know, still has fun with the game. Perhaps taking a closer look at his suggestions would be of benefit.

SoggyShorts

(But don't want to know why your Shorts are Soggy)
LIES! You are dying to know.

Also like @samidodamage said, I've been doing the "Free player challenge" since I started, and I'm not even close to hitting 457 provinces cleared.
I don't even know what I would do with the 8 more free expansions I have coming from the map, let alone 22 more expansions from diamonds.
  • Finish major events in 4 days instead of 5? Yay?
  • Do the FA 90% all by myself? Hoorah?
  • Build even more settlement buildings that I wouldn't run due to seed production? Yippie?
I'm less than a week away from finishing the last chapter with no diamond purchases, and I get 2K+ points in tournaments. I just don't see the need for more space.

The #1 problem advanced players have with space is that they are nuts about factories.
There are some players with 6 T4 buildings at max level. WHY?!!?
I have 2 at level 24, and I only run them about once every 4 days, and I post at a 10-25% discount because I want trades quickly.

The entirety of chapter 12 techs take a total of 330K T2, 330K T3 and zero T1
A single level 23 factory can make that much in 30 days, yet players insist that they need 7 of each factory. If I saw consistent tournament scores in the 4,000s, I'd understand, but no- these same players are getting under 2k, so where does it go?

Last edited:

Mykan

Oh Wise One
(But don't want to know why your Shorts are Soggy)

I believe he has a constant stream of dribble from his mouth ;) :p

you don't allow anymore and so cheesy to only have 1 expansion on the Elementals

This is a misnomer, they allow for 1 tech and 3-4 province expansions, I don't know exact numbers. A person who has chosen to expand more than that and go to the maximum has made they decision. Once you max out of on the 2 free options you would have to expect expansions to be slow, and we have seen evidence of this in the tech tree.

What we have no idea of is what the building sizes will do in the future. They did slightly decrease space in dwarves, who knows if they will do something similar again, or eventually expand the map, or whatever. For their design for free to play players, they have provided sufficient space for quite some time so it is not an issue they have to tackle yet. Not necessarily the case for pay-ro-play players who have literally reached the limits with spare expansions to place, like @jps54

For a free to play player their is tons of space to play with, it comes down to priorities and how you like to fill your town. Personally I like wonders and if they occupy all my free space (which they don't) then that is a choice I have made and I either accept it or change my decision.

DeletedUser4372

I'm very bummed out that I have no more expansion via provinces available to me. I understand part of the challenge is the limited space, but we need more and more space as we progress in the game, and the province expansion helped a great deal with that (and it's still takes a lot of time and resources). I've spent a lot of money on diamonds, and have bought several expansions, and will plan to buy a lot more diamonds (when on discounts), but I do not see myself spending hundreds of dollars for just few expansions. I'm in the Elementals chapter and it requires lot of space for settlement buildings. I am bit discouraged in moving forward in the game with no chance to expand unless I spend outrageous amount of money for just the expansion. I was planning on splurging on diamonds, to spend on different things, but now with no other way to expand, I don't think it's worth it for me to spend more money

This just tells me to quit now. i grow so tired of just logging into the game, only to give all my kp away. The ancient's do not build worth anything. example, 500 kp = 125 population. that is just useless. i will start building my cities very small, and killing others. thank you for this heads up. like you, i grew tired of thier raising of the costs for expansions. to expect $50 in real money for a 5x5 pixel sized area on a game that can be played on a phone? It sounds like it is even more expensive where you are? why bother? right?

shimmerfly

@SoggyShorts
:D:):p:D
images

DeletedUser4372

wow, just looked at Soggy's map on Kher server. He is a couple levels above me and has more empty space on his map than i do and i have much more space! i have bought expansions but stopped when they started wanted like $30 in real money for one 5x5. i am amazed. i did take some mental notes. I think i counted like 18 actual residencies? where i usually sport around 40. i will have to look around. i still need to kill many maps, did once but felt guilty when i did not login for 3+ months and they where still there. felt bad for my neighbors so i went back and started working them and sometimes, i can be on this game, ALL DAY and still not keep up. 12 maps is too much. (thus my frustrated posts)

SoggyShorts

wow, just looked at Soggy's map on Kher server.
To be fair, I also have 5 hazletowns and a level 6 GA, each of which replaces a house.
It's having fewer factories that makes all the difference.
For example, adding in 1 more Level 23 Dust factory means adding in 2 workshops, 2 residences, more roads and more culture. Roughly 200 squares per level 23 T3 factory.
So whenever you see someone complain about space, count their factories: If they have more than 4x T3 and aren't tournament gods, they are hoarders.*

And if you want ideas on city design, you can find a city that you like and look them up on www.elvenstats.com and get a link directly to their layout with all the information on elvenarchitect. You can also import your own city and play around with it.

*Note: hoarding isn't evil or wrong. Some players act as a bank for their FS, or even their neighbors, helping with trades they don't want, but not everyone needs to do this, 1 or 2 per FS is plenty.

Last edited: