• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

October Episode

maeter75

The mana challenge looks very well thought out from the looks of it. A challenge since some of it decays, an interesting twist. I like the story line!

Finally, a reason to play through Orcs! Inno has given me a light at the end of the dung tunnel, and I am SO thankful!

The Mana challenge will be a very welcome addition to the game, at least to me. The cycling decay of Mana as it dissipates back into nature is a very on-point thematic element, and this twist of story line has renewed my interest in the fate of my city. I won't get there for a loooooong while (still in the middle of Dwarves) but my interest has been piqued for the future, for sure!

DeletedUser3468

This looks very interesting... it's going to take me quite a while to get to the point where it is something I'll be dealing with but it's something to look forward to! I love the concept of getting back in tune with nature and having mana cycle back into nature is going to make it challenging... in a good way!

DeletedUser1349

I just read breaking news on Beta. Marindor said in two posts that we apparently can sell our Orc buildings.

1) Orc fighting units "might" cost Orcs, but we will be keeping the Armory (Breeding Grounds) anyway.

2) No Orc goods will be required to unlock whatever new techs are added to the Orc tech tree chapter.

The unstated is whether or not we might need Orc buildings to start the Woodelves chapter. Reguardless, I am stockpiling Orc goods since we retain goods even if we sell a portal. Besides, I still have a bunch of roads to upgrade before selling.

Can we get verification here in live that it is OK to sell Orc buildings if our current tech tree is complete? Some of us (points to self) really could use the temporary room cuz we went absolutely crazy building Orcs. Thankx!

EDIT: I would not sell everything anyway, cuz the UFO Theory always applies (The UnForseen always Occurs). However, triming down to a minimal Orc build would be a great help!

Last edited by a moderator:

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
I read that there is usually an undeniable quest to sell the previous guest portals when the next guests arrive. Not sure about the buildings though.

DeletedUser1349

I read that there is usually an undeniable quest to sell the previous guest portals when the next guests arrive. Not sure about the buildings though.
Agreed, but that quest is never a problem. Building a new portal for the quest is easy. A L1 portal is cheap!

DeletedUser594

You need to wait for the quest and sell it when asked. If you sell it straight away before that particular quest shows up you will stay in the old races questline and have to rebuild the portal to sell it again. You will also potentially get quests that require the old portal and a building (copper, granite etc) to complete them. At least that's what I was stuck with when going from Dwarves to fairies. Maybe it's been updated .
Its best to hold off on selling until asked.

DeletedUser1349

You need to wait for the quest and sell it when asked. If you sell it straight away before that particular quest shows up you will stay in the old races questline and have to rebuild the portal to sell it again. You will also potentially get quests that require the old portal and a building (copper, granite etc) to complete them. At least that's what I was stuck with when going from Dwarves to fairies. Maybe it's been updated .

Good point the quests for goods! Haven't seen any of those yet. Part of why keep a minimum build.

EDIT: Err wait, I think I got a few. I do wonder if they are done.

DeletedUser1987

It has to have been updated. I recently started getting dwarves repeatable quests, when I have been on... whatever chapter I was in when they released the non declinable magic academy quest.... for ages. Never passed that point to get to the build a dwarf portal quest, but I'm still getting produce copper and granite stuff.

DeletedUser1621

For me, the "sell the Dwarven Portal" was a declinable quest, which I declined to be able to return to my normal repeating quest cycles for collections, while retaining the portal and settlement buildings long enough to fill up to capacity while moving the story forward. If anybody is wondering, yes, you actually can have both the Dwarven portal and the Fairies portal in your city at the same time

Attachments

• portals.jpg
    portals.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 84

DeletedUser3696

Lol, I'm already almost 3 chapters behind in the quest line. Too many are not declineable :(

DeletedUser43

I quit the storyline quest long ago. So many of the things the story line quest has you do are bad for your game. It has you build factories you just have to tear back down. Then you have to build them again and upgrade them and then tear them down. It has you build a magic academy that isn't good for you. It takes up too much space and provides very little benefit. Now, with the new fighting system coming, no one will be able to do many fights, and combine that with the orc limitation and you won't be able to get relics to make it work anyway.

Plus, so many of the hair pulling issues have revolved around story line quests that the players were terribly unhappy doing. When you quit bothering with them, you have a much happier game!! :) Trust me.

DeletedUser1349

I do every quest. It is rare I decline one. City management is easy as long as you remember to keep at least one of each ready for an upgrade quest. Be one with the game. Do not fight the game. Play the FULL game and always stress your tech tree!

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
I do every quest. It is rare I decline one. City management is easy as long as you remember to keep at least one of each ready for an upgrade quest. Be one with the game. Do not fight the game. Play the FULL game and always stress your tech tree!
I do as well, and think it adds to the fun of the game!
I like the magic academy Bobby Kitty, a lot of the event quests that ask for encounters or relics will let you produce a spell or two instead, And I use the spells a fair bit, I like the inspiring meditation spell as it gives you 20 kp slots, and the manufactory boost and provision spell are great if you get a little low on goods or supplies. and the ensorcelled endowment helps when you need culture boost. I have lots of relics Im not using as it only uses non boosted relics to build the spells and we get one for every encounter and more in the tournaments, other wise they just pile up as there isn't much else you can do with them, other than upgrade wonders and that doesn't use that many. To each there own, but I wouldn't say it is useless, it helped me get through more than one rough patch earlier on.

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Yeah, at first when I started reading the forums I thought I'd made a huge mistake in building the MA, but I think it's pretty good. being able to get +200% supplies for 19 hours is game changing.
Personally if I need hammers to negotiate a tournament or some techs I wake up, and before collecting supplies I buff my workshops, and boom-triple production! That allows me to run just enough workshops for 24/7 troops/factory production. Beats the snot out of clicking through the declinable quests 40x a day.
Edit: that all being said, there's a lot of room for improvement-- like a troops production spell!

It has you build factories you just have to tear back down.
I'm only in dwarves, but I've never experienced this. I know I saw a mod post that they used to have quests to build non-boosted factories, but that is no longer the case. It's possible that there have been some changes since last you tried bobbykitty.
I know I love it when I fall behind on quests (by going around a tech on the tree) and when I complete that one I complete 5 or 6 bambambam sweet sweet loot

Last edited:

DeletedUser3297

I produce enough supplies and coins not to care about the benefit of spells or quests. All of my cities are nearly maxed out in both supplies and coins and I have tens of thousands of goods in all worlds (some close to 100,00 with a few trading tweaks, but I like to share with my fellowships). Now the only thing that is really important to me is trying to figure out how to get to tree elves without having orcs take over any of my cities.

DeletedUser3312

I'm only in dwarves, but I've never experienced this.

In Orcs you only get 3 expansions available. and you need tons of shroom crap, rally points, and other things.... it takes a ton of room. Several of my FS have half their city in shrooms. they produce shrooms very very slow AND just a few at a time. so you need about 80 or so shroom farms. and then you need at least 6 rally points. and so forth and so on. so you sell off your houses and culture and build orc crap and then you will hopefully sell that at the end and get to rebuild all the houses and culture you trashed.