• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Feedback Official Elvenar Discord server

Yogi Dave

Deadeye Jerry, a beta moderator, said this as part of a post to someone on discord:
"The forum is still open and it will be until the end of the year but the main focus has been switched to the discord."
There was an earlier comment in here from a moderator that the moderators were trying to have the forums stay open. This pretty much says that isn't going to happen. @Astram, can you or someone else confirm or not that Deadeye's comment is true, they are staying open or if it's still in the air?

Astram

Forum Moderator
Elvenar Team
Deadeye Jerry, a beta moderator, said this as part of a post to someone on discord:
"The forum is still open and it will be until the end of the year but the main focus has been switched to the discord."
There was an earlier comment in here from a moderator that the moderators were trying to have the forums stay open. This pretty much says that isn't going to happen. @Astram, can you or someone else confirm or not that Deadeye's comment is true, they are staying open or if it's still in the air?
I do not have any new information about the forums and their status

Crystal Thunder

I don't have time for discord! I come to the forum to find information I need and it's always here, many thanks to these wonderful players, and a big thank you to Inno for a lot of wasted years and $. I too will quit!

TimeMachine

There was an earlier comment in here from a moderator that the moderators were trying to have the forums stay open. This pretty much says that isn't going to happen.
In german forum I've just red that forums should stay open for a while but after that while everything will be deleted.

So my guess is that all forums worldwide will be deleted - maybe and the end of this year.

To be sure to not loose to many contacts and beloved threads, some german human and elves decided to built up their own Elvenar-Fan Forum especially for the time after the shut down.

Like already mentioned before in another thread, this link leads to the english speaking section of the by players for players (german) forum, and should provide actual informations, which can now only be seen on Discord, with no need to log in.

https://elvenar-fan-forum.xobor.de/...cation-with-our-English-speaking-friends.html

Last edited:

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
It's a bit of a vicious circle they have created. A lot of us were watching the ads to help Inno make money. Now they are dumping the forum. I'm not going to discord and Im also no longer attempting to watch ads. As soon as the ads become mandatory, I am uninstalling the game.
@Dhurrin Right there with you! I think the writing is on the wall :( At this point I’m just hoping they keep this game around even if they don‘t add anything anymore. Finished the chapter, all in for this event as a last hurrah spending a lot of my diamond stockpile and hoping to enjoy the game as it is for a long while if they keep it around. I mean first the layoff, then the ads, and now this? We have definitely become low priority. It’s hard to come to any other conclusion. My husband & I discussed this earlier today and credit card info is coming off of all cities for us, our alts and our adult kids. Every one of those cities buys diamonds but not anymore. It’s pretty obvious Inno no longer cares about their players in this game so I’m considering us forewarned. No more spending on events or just no events, no more diamonds, and definitely not signing up for Discord.
I don't have time for discord! I come to the forum to find information I need and it's always here, many thanks to these wonderful players, and a big thank you to Inno for a lot of wasted years and $. I too will quit!
I’ve been spending way too much time in game and in the forum. Maybe it’s time to rethink RL / Elvenar balance?
I know they said the forum is shutting down and we all heard forum, but doesn't it feel like they said the game?

TimeMachine

Last edited:

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
I know they said the forum is shutting down and we all heard forum, but doesn't it feel like they said the game?
No, I didn't hear that at all. A number of the newer CMs are Discord users, and very savvy ones at that. I certainly don't have any spies at InnoGames, but I think that they wanted to shake things up, introduce a new element, and hopefully make things more positive. It looks good on paper, to consolidate the various aspects of the game into one area, with better ? comm tools for the staff, in a way that may save the company money, and therefore more of their jobs.
Some of us are over there, playing, testing, to see how a functional Forum can be created, out of this versatile gaming support tool.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
No, I didn't hear that at all. A number of the newer CMs are Discord users, and very savvy ones at that. I certainly don't have any spies at InnoGames, but I think that they wanted to shake things up, introduce a new element, and hopefully make things more positive. It looks good on paper, to consolidate the various aspects of the game into one area, with better ? comm tools for the staff, in a way that may save the company money, and therefore more of their jobs.
Some of us are over there, playing, testing, to see how a functional Forum can be created, out of this versatile gaming support tool.
I'm not sure "savvy" would be the word I'd go with here. First, they announced they are shuttering the forums, which is whatever. It is within their right to do so for whatever reasons they might have. And I know this comes from up top so people are just executing orders. However, one would think before they decide to kill an established community, and here, I again point out the wide margin for variability in "established", as some markets' forums never took off, that they would have a viable alternative flushed out on this fancy new platform before driving us over. Instead, what we have and what they have given us is another case of live beta, which is eerily similar to what the game feels like now too. I have seen screenshots. I have also heard the reports that no pics or links allowed, but they are working on it. Pics and links are the main reasons most fellowships are driven to discord and away from in-game chat! And curiously, we do also have those features on the forum. Yet, whoever is in charge thought it would be a brilliant idea to close the forum and give us a text driven platform. That was their initial idea of how to use this wonderful new toy that they're trying so hard to sell us on before everyone that went over there was like ummmm.... Taking modern technology with all its bells and whistles and using it like we're in the 1970s still on 1600 baud dial-up modems wouldn't be my understanding of "savvy". It's a work in progress and I get that. But so far, the execution has been head scratching. And I'm on discord! I'm not over there yet for the same reason I don't have a beta account. So far the growing pains of this migration has all the screeching sounds like we're trying to connect with a dial-up modem though, or maybe we're just hearing Banshees because they like to hide out in the Social Media Coordinator's office.

And even the fact that they won't make any new announcements on the forum anymore, even while the forum is still around for however short or long, is absurd. It takes 30 seconds to copy and paste something and we know it's copy and pasted because it's the same message in the other English markets. Oh, but we must conserve all that energy for discord! It is the future! Like do they know how ridiculous this comes across? Before you get to the future, you have to make it through now. You know you have costumers now. You don't know if you have customers in the future. The customers pay the bills, but those same customers aren't even worth the 30s of their time, at least that's the message they're sending. Cost-cutting at the price of disenfranchising the user base is a short-sighted strategy anywhere you go with long term consequences.

Dreamyn2

Buddy Fan Club member
I'm not sure "savvy" would be the word I'd go with here. First, they announced they are shuttering the forums, which is whatever. It is within their right to do so for whatever reasons they might have. And I know this comes from up top so people are just executing orders. However, one would think before they decide to kill an established community, and here, I again point out the wide margin for variability in "established", as some markets' forums never took off, that they would have a viable alternative flushed out on this fancy new platform before driving us over. Instead, what we have and what they have given us is another case of live beta, which is eerily similar to what the game feels like now too. I have seen screenshots. I have also heard the reports that no pics or links allowed, but they are working on it. Pics and links are the main reasons most fellowships are driven to discord and away from in-game chat! And curiously, we do also have those features on the forum. Yet, whoever is in charge thought it would be a brilliant idea to close the forum and give us a text driven platform. That was their initial idea of how to use this wonderful new toy that they're trying so hard to sell us on before everyone that went over there was like ummmm.... Taking modern technology with all its bells and whistles and using it like we're in the 1970s still on 1600 baud dial-up modems wouldn't be my understanding of "savvy". It's a work in progress and I get that. But so far, the execution has been head scratching. And I'm on discord! I'm not over there yet for the same reason I don't have a beta account. So far the growing pains of this migration has all the screeching sounds like we're trying to connect with a dial-up modem though, or maybe we're just hearing Banshees because they like to hide out in the Social Media Coordinator's office.

And even the fact that they won't make any new announcements on the forum anymore, even while the forum is still around for however short or long, is absurd. It takes 30 seconds to copy and paste something and we know it's copy and pasted because it's the same message in the other English markets. Oh, but we must conserve all that energy for discord! It is the future! Like do they know how ridiculous this comes across? Before you get to the future, you have to make it through now. You know you have costumers now. You don't know if you have customers in the future. The customers pay the bills, but those same customers aren't even worth the 30s of their time, at least that's the message they're sending. Cost-cutting at the price of disenfranchising the user base is a short-sighted strategy anywhere you go with long term consequences.

Thank you @crackie! I’d give multiple likes if I could!

Dreamyn2

Buddy Fan Club member
Oh
We're headin' for Discord (Discord)
And still we stand tall
'Cause maybe they've seen us
And welcome us all, yeah
With so many light years to go
And things to be found (to be found)
I'm sure that we all miss the forum so

“It's the final countdown
We're leavin' together
(The final countdown)
We'll all miss the forum so
It's the final countdown (final countdown)
(Oh)
It's the final countdown
Yeah”

(Europe “The Final Countdown”)

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
So you realize that are closing these forums which they probably host on their own servers and purchased the software. Now they will communicate with you via Discord which they won't pay for and don't have to host. I am suggesting if you want a place that works like a forum for the game Elvenar, create one.

Gems of Knowledge had their own site, Elvenar doesn't provide it for them. Elvenstats and Elvenarchitect also are separate from the game.

I like Discord but I am not sure it will be a resource for information and for that, I am sad.
Gems of knowledge is a perfect example of why player-run forums are inadequate. Eventually, either they shift focus according to the interest of the person who owns them, or they become buggy and/or filled with obsolete information and stop being useful altogether when that person moves on and quits paying attention to them.
Si was was remembering the game I played before I was forced to find Elvenar.
I forget what it was called. It had something to do with Marvel Super Heroes.
They had a very active forum and decided to shut it down.
The game ended up dying.
I hope this does not lead to the same conclusion.
Sounds like City of Heroes. Still a lot of angry former players out there.
You are very passionate about your complaints, I will give you that. I am sure Inno spent many, many hours thinking about this decision. Let us say it was a money saving decision, can you suggest a way Inno can save money (stay solvent) and also keep this forum running?
Why do we need to find cost savings for them when their most recent quarterly report indicates both increased revenues and increased margins?

It depends which game you are playing. There have been time swhen the forum game was the only elvenar game that interested me.