• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Feedback Official Elvenar Discord server

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
But there are other ways killing the forums will save Inno money, such as maintaining the servers they are hosted on, the cost of electricity to keep those servers turned on 24/7, the cost of future physical upgrades to the host servers, and so on. Now they can keep all that money and have everything on social media: Facebook and Instagram and Discord, plus their Youtube channel.
Either inno is in some hot water financially, or they are getting greedy.
They switched to these never ending events, one after another. Then events that finishing everything still doesnt get you the full reward, then trying to sell artifacts to players to finish the evolving building form the event they finished all of but couldnt get a full prize from. Selling royal passes. Selling a lot of in game items lately. Testing ad's. Now getting rid of the forums... Feels more like they are just trying to kill the game. And extract every cent out they can along the way... - Now i dont know what it costs to run this game, or what they take in on avg, but they are doing a lot of stuff that pisses off the player base. I cant see how it does any good for them if there intension is to keep the game alive and going.

hoopity

Why would we create one? ... We are literally communicating in one already. You literally just posted in the elvenar forums... They should just leave these forums active.

Side note: Creating a new fourm would only be a player driven forums. This one here is 'supposed' to be our connection channel with inno themselves. We lose all that in a player ran fourm.

Many, many games have reddit as their biggest pool of forum-like discussion. Maybe time to revive it

Smooper

Why would we create one? ... We are literally communicating in one already. You literally just posted in the elvenar forums... They should just leave these forums active.

Side note: Creating a new fourm would only be a player driven forums. This one here is 'supposed' to be our connection channel with inno themselves. We lose all that in a player ran fourm.
So you realize that are closing these forums which they probably host on their own servers and purchased the software. Now they will communicate with you via Discord which they won't pay for and don't have to host. I am suggesting if you want a place that works like a forum for the game Elvenar, create one.

Gems of Knowledge had their own site, Elvenar doesn't provide it for them. Elvenstats and Elvenarchitect also are separate from the game.

I like Discord but I am not sure it will be a resource for information and for that, I am sad.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
Gems of Knowledge had their own site, Elvenar doesn't provide it for them. Elvenstats and Elvenarchitect also are separate from the game.
Those sites host/hosted info and services that the actual game and these fourms did not provide.
I wouldnt want an elvenar 'forum like' place, when the real reality of one is right here. Just dont kill it.
There is also far less to accomplish on a 'forum like' place. Like the entire ideas and suggestions thread; where they can be discussed, voted on, and possibly forwarded to inno. You could discuss it on a forum like place, but thats the end of it right there. Its jsut not the same and not as good as these forums. - And discord will not be as good or useful as these forums. Discord has its place, but its place is not a full 100% replacement of these forums. So most of us see zero benefit to this. - Hell, you cant even make a thread about soemthing to discuss in the discord 'feedback' section. As of now, we only post feedback in the threads they (with permission) make. If they didnt make that topic thread, then i guess we are supposed to shut up about it??

On a different note, Many of us are also apart of different fb groups for elvenar. One of there biggest problems is being able to save, archive, organize and easily access the ton of info in there. Many ppl have mentioned they wish they could have a forums like set up (like this site) because it would be soo much easier, for all those reasons. - Instead, we got the ppl that have that advantage, going backwards 0.o

Smooper

Those sites host/hosted info and services that the actual game and these fourms did not provide.
I wouldnt want an elvenar 'forum like' place, when the real reality of one is right here. Just dont kill it.
There is also far less to accomplish on a 'forum like' place. Like the entire ideas and suggestions thread; where they can be discussed, voted on, and possibly forwarded to inno. You could discuss it on a forum like place, but thats the end of it right there. Its jsut not the same and not as good as these forums. - And discord will not be as good or useful as these forums. Discord has its place, but its place is not a full 100% replacement of these forums. So most of us see zero benefit to this. - Hell, you cant even make a thread about soemthing to discuss in the discord 'feedback' section. As of now, we only post feedback in the threads they (with permission) make. If they didnt make that topic thread, then i guess we are supposed to shut up about it??

On a different note, Many of us are also apart of different fb groups for elvenar. One of there biggest problems is being able to save, archive, organize and easily access the ton of info in there. Many ppl have mentioned they wish they could have a forums like set up (like this site) because it would be soo much easier, for all those reasons. - Instead, we got the ppl that have that advantage, going backwards 0.o
You are very passionate about your complaints, I will give you that. I am sure Inno spent many, many hours thinking about this decision. Let us say it was a money saving decision, can you suggest a way Inno can save money (stay solvent) and also keep this forum running?

Mijal

One thing has been touched on that I'd like to highlight: the various guides, FAQs, etc. should be updated, transferred to Discord (including pictures and links), separated out into clearly-marked sections, and permissions managed so that they stay both updated and clear of frivolous comments.

This will be so important because, unlike the forums, Discord threads do not come up as Google search results. Right now, when I have a question, I can Google it and find previous discussions. Discord will allow me to get more live feedback, although screenshots may be necessary for understanding, but detailed breakdowns are better suited to thoughtful guides that need to be easy to find and well organized when you can't Google them.

Also, the server currently does not allow links and screenshots. These, especially the screenshots, will be (imo) critical to fostering helpful game discussion, as it can be much harder without a visual aid. I recognize that allowing them requires extra moderation, but that should be part of the plan for running a good Discord server. Without these abilities, I fear the quality of the conversation will be lower, regardless of its quantity.

Sprite1313

Y'all have got a plow horse (Discord) and are trying to run it in the Kentucky Derby.
I think it's more like taking a show jumper (fast, dynamic and fun) and sending it out to plough a field. Discord is social hour with strangers; the forum is dinner with friends.

Discord is great for some things. I am not opposed to adding Discord to supplement the forums. I'm not wishing more work on the volunteer mods and the community managers, but the forums and Discord really serve two different purposes. I can see why Discord is attractive to players who are solely mobile, already on social media, and/or are casual players just looking to chat about the game. However, they don't replace the well-thought-out and labour-intensive guides and information available on the forum. Perhaps if the Wiki were more in-depth, it could fill the void, but it just isn't there. It has the approved company information about game mechanics. It doesn't include (by design, I assume) the practical player experiences and multiple perspectives on what it is like to play the game.

Personally, I find it very useful to have not only the scrolls guides to chapters, but the actual discussion of each chapter. Those really help me to prepare and work my way through each chapter. Discord simply isn't designed to function that way. It is a social interaction platform, not a card catalogue of useful information.

Further, blocking the ability to add images eliminates one of the best aspects of Discord - the ability to share information with fewer issues. It has, essentially, been reduced to a chat only social hour. It's dessert with no meal.

By all means, have Discord. But please do not move to the follow-on of removing the forums. Discord won't fill the void.

Last edited:

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
You are very passionate about your complaints, I will give you that. I am sure Inno spent many, many hours thinking about this decision. Let us say it was a money saving decision, can you suggest a way Inno can save money (stay solvent) and also keep this forum running?
Well somehow i doubt they are going to open up there financials to me so i could examine them...
But i can give a generic start... fix there shit' lol. Iv said for what feels like that for ages, a lot of the problems showing up feel (or flat out are) intentionally done. And i wont spend a penny on this game as long as the designers and staff continue to do that. Im not paying ppl to annoy me. Fix the problems and maybe more ppl would be inclined.
Short of that, id need to see much more specific info that i highly doubt inno would provide me'

You are very passionate about your complaints, I will give you that.
Because i see this game on a pathway to destruction. They keep doing things to anger the player base over and over again. Ignoring UI feedback. Players were already feeling like they were mostly being ignored anyway and shutting the forums down does not help that (discord or not).
They keep this up and the games going to end up a joke, then die. And that would be shame.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
What is there to discuss? It sucks.

How about a more constructive response, please

OK. It really sucks

Even criticism is feedback

Consistency from you would be appreciated.

Would you proudly tell anyone you're playing elvenar or rather ashamed of it so you keep it to yourself?

Why would someone be ashamed?
Why do something you're ashamed to admit?

I checked it out, didn't like it.
A lot of people don't like any social media, so they'll be alienated.
This game has a lot of older people. Many older people do not like change. So you'll alienate them.
A lot of people do not want to deal with the latest fads in social media. So they'll be alienated.

I do have one question. Will the threads there still be moderated by Inno people or will it be Discord?
Because if it means the possibility of a different mod style I might be won over.

C-Nymph

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Lol, they have no issue staying solvent, Inno proudly presents their billion euro revenue on their website: https://www.innogames.com/company/about-us

I can't help but wonder why they had to kill so many jobs earlier this year. That was when we started getting more glitches, it seemed to me; right after they fired so many devs. Yeah, I guess I'm naive, but I thought the company must be in trouble.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I can't help but wonder why they had to kill so many jobs earlier this year. That was when we started getting more glitches, it seemed to me; right after they fired so many devs. Yeah, I guess I'm naive, but I thought the company must be in trouble.
In September 2020 MTG (Modern Times Group) made Maria Redin became President and CEO. She has an entertainment and finance background and since MTG is a publicly traded company, you only have to look at their performance in comparison to other large entertainment enterprises. The thing is, most, and I include Ms. Redin in the mix, finance officers focus on streamlining to raise profitability. They are not visionaries and do not look at the companies they control as doing this or that (their production focus), but as entities within the mix of things the holding company does. MTG is a holding company and one of the companies they hold, is Inno. Over 34% of MTG is held by 4 investment groups and they demand a certain return on investment (ROI) or better or they pull their capital (sell their shares) out. Capital is the life blood of a business and that would be bad. Very, very bad. So in all likelihood Ms. Redin took the job by presenting to the stock holders a plan by which she would raise the profitability of MTG. No doubt every candidate presented some plan and of all the plans Ms. Redin's was probably the one that seemed to those 4 investors the one most likely to succeed and thus, she got the job. She's doing her job to keep her job, no doubt. In the end, then, we are seeing a top-down management of Inno Games. Gone are the days where the company is seen by the owners as a visionary company focused and compassionate about their customer base. Now their attention has turned to the true customers of the company, the stockholders. And stockholders care about profit and share value only. The introduction of so many new features over the last few months reveals, I believe, the understanding at some level of Inno that cuts were coming and thus they had to move quickly to finish projects that may have been introduced at a slower pace but which, once introduced, couldn't be easily pulled back. I expect there to be few to no further features added to Elvenar for a long, long time.

Now, to the general question of why the move to Discord and why the closing of the forums.

On this subject there is a whole lot to like in the comments here. The distinction between a traditional forum like this one and a more "robust" messaging service/social media site is something I'll have to ferret out for myself. Right now, it looks like a big mountain to climb full of rocks and ruts over which I may stumble and tumble back down. And I do believe a lot of forum users feel that way. We've mastered getting around here, which is relatively easy but doesn't have all the confusion of the unmapped terrain we face, and thus, we would rather be here.

On the other hand, we aren't getting any younger. So, while the demographics of Elvenar players might make the climb up that mountain a bit harder for us than for a younger demographic tuned to all the white noise of social media, the average birth year of Elvenar users is always going up... which means more and more of the players are and will be perfectly fine with the short, pithy, and often rapid fire "conversations" that take place in chat fashion.

Finally, there's the economics of the thing. No doubt Discord has a marketing department, and, no doubt, they want to sell their services to somebody. Why not to Inno? Perhaps they've managed to price below whatever service is currently managing the forum? And why pay for two services when one will do, no matter how badly that "it will do" might be?

Does Inno care? Of course, they do. They care enough to calculate just how many users will be gone (or stop spending) if they do X or if they do Y. Do they listen to their customers? Of course, they do. They listen to the sound of their customers opening their wallets. The sweet sound of a credit card sliding down, in our out, or passing over their credit card machine, is the sound they want to hear. Everything else is secondary to those sounds, and that, as a business, is exactly how it should be. The only vote we get in how a business does it's business is the choice to make a purchase or not and if you continue spending, you vote for whatever Inno gives us. In the end, customers come and go based on how they feel, and the younger crowd is used to a Discord type of interaction, they will not leave but see the move as more in tune with how they use the Internet. So, it's just economics in the end, as it should be.

AJ

Last edited:

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
I think it has the potential to be more flexible and user-friendly than this forum, but not if you/Inno doesn't allow people to do things like add screen-shots, post links, etc. And why don't we have separate channels for the worlds on the US server? Frankly, right now it's a confusing mess the way it's been set up. Even if it improves, I hope it won't replace this forum - players like to be able to go to something in-game and not to have to join yet another social network. Discord is rumoured to be a bit dubious in terms of how much it intrudes into your privacy; I don't think it's cool to force players to use it in order to get information and help.
I want the forums to stay as well, even if there is discord. I will say they must have seen a few of our responses because I saw last night there were US channels added to their discord server and a lot more channels added as well. I hope they end up adding more and allowing links and add even more "sub-channels" in each channel. Even with all that, they really need to not remove the forum. Period. At least they are hearing some people though. The server should have been finished getting set up before they launched it I feel.