• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Feedback Official Elvenar Discord server

Well they've thrown the baby out with the bathwater on this one!

Have just spent the last two hours searching for and then reading the "How to use the Forum Guide". Shouldn't that have been on the front page from the start IF Inno really wanted higher participation?!? All their other games apart from Forges use Discord. This move was a long time in the making methinks.

I can understand wanting a different platform for chat. It has been requested many times in many Forums over the years. But do you really have to kill the Forum? In Elvenar that equates to the burning of the library at Alexandria!

SAVE THE FORUM! Please

thedarkboo

I actually use discord already for other games, and i thought it was nice to have a better place to chat other than this forum. I kidna feel no one uses these forums already.. and after i saw the poll from platinum leaf, where most players said they wouldn't be using discord.. just another area no one will be in. I'm currently sitting in the Winyandor-US channel and there isn't more than 11 players in that channel, and all but 3 offline. :p

StarLoad

I actually use discord already for other games, and i thought it was nice to have a better place to chat other than this forum. I kidna feel no one uses these forums already.. and after i saw the poll from platinum leaf, where most players said they wouldn't be using discord.. just another area no one will be in. I'm currently sitting in the Winyandor-US channel and there isn't more than 11 players in that channel, and all but 3 offline. :p
Good point and one that I have not seen brought up. Elvenar is not a continuous action game, it is a strategic game and not one that you must play for 2 or 3 hours at a stretch. You can play 5 min at a time 6 or 7 times a day and that type of activity does not lend itself to chatting for a longer timeframe. You login do your stuff, reset and go. So the type of Discord user that plays 4 or 5 hours at a time, will see the benefit to discord, the casual user will probably not.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Good point and one that I have not seen brought up. Elvenar is not a continuous action game, it is a strategic game and not one that you must play for 2 or 3 hours at a stretch. You can play 5 min at a time 6 or 7 times a day and that type of activity does not lend itself to chatting for a longer timeframe. You login do your stuff, reset and go. So the type of Discord user that plays 4 or 5 hours at a time, will see the benefit to discord, the casual user will probably not.
That's not true at all. Discord is just a chat app that is, at its core, a more modern chatroom. You don't need to chat about just the game or be doing the activity of your encompassing server genre. It's like people in cooking or knitting servers don't need to be actually cooking or knitting while they're in that server to discuss the various grades (and dangers) of wool from alpacas (or so I've heard is what goes on in a knitting group). Our FS discord chat is fairly active and most of us are not in the game or talking about the game. Sometimes we talk about llamas too.

StarLoad

That's not true at all. Discord is just a chat app that is, at its core, a more modern chatroom. You don't need to chat about just the game or be doing the activity of your encompassing server genre. It's like people in cooking or knitting servers don't need to be actually cooking or knitting while they're in that server to discuss the various grades (and dangers) of wool from alpacas (or so I've heard is what goes on in a knitting group). Our FS discord chat is fairly active and most of us are not in the game or talking about the game. Sometimes we talk about llamas too.
I don't disagree at all, but my point is players that who only pop into the game and then go about real-life things like kids, work, cooking, and such are not going to likely jump onto Discord for the few minutes they are in-game. The hardcore gamers that sit in a game for hours like my kids do are in chat on Discord the entire time, not just about the game but all sorts of nonsense chat. It is not the same type of player as many that play Elvenar, I don't think. Sure some are on the game all day and on Discord like me, but I see players in my FS that go in do their thing, and leave, they are not sticking around to chat they collect, restart, and move on.

Vire

discord

dĭs′kôrd″

noun​

1. Lack of agreement among persons, groups, or things. synonym: conflict.
  2. Tension or strife resulting from a lack of agreement; dissension.
  3. A confused or harsh sound or mingling of sounds.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
wordnik.3x.png
More at Wordnik
Why name a group this?

Smooper

I really dislike the lack of color and images in the Elvenar Discord server. There was an unofficial Elvenar server which was way better. You could add links and post images. It was nice but not as good as the Forum for finding information. There were people there who could answer questions but not many. This place is the best for anything you might need Elvenar oriented. Discord would be nice if you were just having casual game conversation or any other sort of conversation but right now it is an impersonal mess.

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
Nobody will even speak in my worlds server on discord. I'm getting jealous of the worlds that do get occasional chat. Lol.

Deleted User - 849411552

In my FS's discord, we can't create tables or lists. Maybe it's just because we didn't dive into how it all works. It does have more emojis and even silly gifs along with the ability to get more functionality if you spend money. It works for us, but we are a small group of people. How will it work for the huge database with things such as searching and the variations of searching we have here. We have found the method for searching awkward. But again, that could just be because we didn't dive into the mechanics of it. Maybe your developers of the Elverna server had set it up to be at least as easy to use as this forum. Perhaps even better. Unfortunately, I'd have to join to see if that is so.
I recently joined two channels on Discord that were focused on pre-release information for Starfield. It is very unusual - actually unprecedented - for me to be so enthusiastic about a game that I would would buy a pre-release package. I typically wait a year or two to buy any new media - games, videos and music - waiting until the price comes down. Incidentally, I have not been disappointed in Starfield, it exceeds all my high expectations.

My point is that Discord was great for chatting and hypothesizing about what Starfield would be like, extracting every bit of information from the promotional videos and so forth. But now the game is out, I don't bother with Discord any more. If I want information, I search regular websites or watch YouTube videos. From my admittedly limited experience, it seems that Discord does not enable or encourage the level of organization or volume of data that a traditional forum such as this one, or a fanbased gaming server, can provide. With Discord, it seems that everything is chaotic and emphemeral.