• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Feedback Official Elvenar Discord server

WayoftheWitch

Forum Moderator
Elvenar Team
discord

dĭs′kôrd″

noun​

1. Lack of agreement among persons, groups, or things. synonym: conflict.
  2. Tension or strife resulting from a lack of agreement; dissension.
  3. A confused or harsh sound or mingling of sounds.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
wordnik.3x.png
More at Wordnik
Why name a group this?
This is not the name of a group, its a platform... like any other with names such as tic toc Facebook Twitter etc.

Dhurrin

discord

dĭs′kôrd″

noun​

1. Lack of agreement among persons, groups, or things. synonym: conflict.
  2. Tension or strife resulting from a lack of agreement; dissension.
  3. A confused or harsh sound or mingling of sounds.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
wordnik.3x.png
More at Wordnik
Why name a group this?
That I actually can kinda understand; the idea was that different opinions and views would 'collide'. So the plan was to have a place for open discussion about a lot of different topics with a lot of different opinions.
I actually like that part, as it would mean that there is no 'consensus' or one uni-party view nobody was allowed to disagree with.

Of course, that is not what it turned out to be, like any other social media platforms.

Smooper

I keep checking in with Discord and have tried to get conversation flowing. Some thoughts:
The organization is all wrong. There is a category under "Welcome" named "English" with a bunch of boards under it. (pardon my terminology, I am sure it is incorrect). There are some such as "ideas and suggestions", "bug reports" etc. There are 3 boards for different worlds but not one for each world and they begin as "en-winyandor-chat". Then there is a board called "US Worlds" and inside that are sub-boards for the different servers. This is all a big mess.

Why call the category English and then preface the boards with "en" and then also have a board called "US Worlds" with all the US servers inside that? Have a board called "EN servers" and a board called "US servers" and put ALL the worlds inside each of those. That will remove clutter and confusion. No need to call the category "ENGLISH" if everything inside is english and there is nothing else with foreign languages. Also confusing. Also the little emojis are cute but get in the way of what you are reading. Don't need a ladybug at the beginning of the "bugs" board or a shrugging shoulders emoji where "questions" are. It pushes the words away when we need them first.

I can't do anything in this Discord Server until the mess is cleaned up.

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
Hello dear elvenarians,

We have no indication that the wiki will be shut down any time soon, and we are still updating and creating content for it.
I thought I had seen when it was first announced about discord that they would keep the forum going another several months but then it would be gone? Sorry, but I've been busy so didn't get to check newer updates. Did this change as for the plan?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I thought I had seen when it was first announced about discord that they would keep the forum going another several months but then it would be gone? Sorry, but I've been busy so didn't get to check newer updates. Did this change as for the plan?

Yep. Best guess from most of us is the forums die after the Winter holidays are over. Throwing out the forums with the Christmas trees.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I was so angry this morning when I saw that there was no longer a forum link in the game ... it just says "Discord" and "Wiki" .... new people will never even know there ever was a forum with all our hard work lost. I'm going to have to start copying and pasting everything from the scrollkeepers sections.

I'M UTTERLY DISGUSTED WITH INNO.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
I was so angry this morning when I saw that there was no longer a forum link in the game ... it just says "Discord" and "Wiki" .... new people will never even know there ever was a forum with all our hard work lost. I'm going to have to start copying and pasting everything from the scrollkeepers sections.

I'M UTTERLY DISGUSTED WITH INNO.
i just saw that too. Its quite insulting...
/sigh

CiraKelley

From the German Community Manager. It's really negative over there usually between the players and the mods... but interesting to see that they are now considering possibly keeping a couple of forums open.
It would be nice if there were the same communications given to all of the managers of each language.
Anyway, looks like we can all still have some hope that some of the forums might remain.
Capture.PNG

C-Nymph

For what it's worth, Solaris has acted upon the request to add the forum links to EN and US forums in the "Useful Links" channel on Discord in the English section, so that players who now go to Discord looking for info are at least for the coming months still able to find the link to the forums and access all the valuable information that has been gathered here. He hasn't added them to the "useful links" section though (I assume he's maybe not allowed to add them there..? -> random speculation here based on Inno's top-down forced management as of late :p ), but he added them to a pinned post on the main chat channel, so I guess that's the next best thing, we'll take what we can get ;) At least a CM posted the official links somewhere, I take that as a sign of support :)
They're doing what they can, within the boundaries of what they're allowed by Inno... I have the feeling that some of the CM's are also not too happy with this change either...
Keep voicing concern, promote the petition, and share the forum links with your fellows, neighbours, and other Elvenar friends. Keep making noise ;)

Pheryll

Set Designer
For what it's worth, Solaris has acted upon the request to add the forum links to EN and US forums in the "Useful Links" channel on Discord in the English section, so that players who now go to Discord looking for info are at least for the coming months still able to find the link to the forums and access all the valuable information that has been gathered here. He hasn't added them to the "useful links" section though (I assume he's maybe not allowed to add them there..? -> random speculation here based on Inno's top-down forced management as of late :p ), but he added them to a pinned post on the main chat channel, so I guess that's the next best thing, we'll take what we can get ;) At least a CM posted the official links somewhere, I take that as a sign of support :)
They're doing what they can, within the boundaries of what they're allowed by Inno... I have the feeling that some of the CM's are also not too happy with this change either...
Keep voicing concern, promote the petition, and share the forum links with your fellows, neighbours, and other Elvenar friends. Keep making noise ;)

I'm surprised that the wiki link is also in that separate post. Is Inno actually considering axing the wiki?