• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Orc creation

Grayflame

I need a lot of orcs to upgrade my main hall. I have two armories churning them out and an ancient wonder producing more. Is there any way to procure or buy more?

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Some event buildings give them too. Orc Ships are a good source, but Orc Nests crafted from Magic Academy will be there whether there are events or not. Are you fighting? 2 Armories doesn't seem like that many.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Orc nests are the best goto orc supplier (by goto, I mean one where you don't have to wait for another event. Just craft them in the MA.)

Sure, if you are not a fighter and need orcs for negotiating everything. But I have had 4 armories since around chapter 14 or 15 and am now in chapter 21, plus some other event buildings and AWs that make orcs, and never any orc nests. I found that in the chapters where I did run low on orcs, I was also low on other goods needed for research or upgrades, so having more orcs would have been pointless.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Sure, if you are not a fighter and need orcs for negotiating everything. But I have had 4 armories since around chapter 14 or 15 and am now in chapter 21, plus some other event buildings and AWs that make orcs, and never any orc nests. I found that in the chapters where I did run low on orcs, I was also low on other goods needed for research or upgrades, so having more orcs would have been pointless.
Since the OP specifically mentioned orcs to build his main hall, I figured he needed them quickly. Orc nests are a good way to get quick orcs. I understand that fighters don't need them as much; you're right there. I am a 60/40 caterer (60 percent catering) so I run out of them pretty often.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
@Grayflame There are 2 evolving buildings which are especially good orc producers: Witch's Hut and Echoes of the Forgotten. I am not sure if you were playing when the original events happened, but the artifacts for each have been in the Spire of Eternity. Check your inventory to see if you have any artifacts to evolve either of these buildings. Also check your sorceries to see if you have any sorceries that can be used for an artifact. I know there has been at least 1 sorcery that can summon a Witch's Hut artifact, I am not sure about Echoes. If you do not have the base building for them, they are available to craft in the Magic Academy. It is very easy to compare these buildings to Orc Nests, because they are the exact same size as 2 Orc Nests stacked on top of each other. At stage 3, Witch Hut is roughly equal to 2 Orc Nests combined in orc production. But the Witch's Hut will be giving you Faineant Frogs (heavy ranged military unit) and population in addition to the orcs. At stage 4 or beyond, Witch's Hut is way better than 2 Orc Nests. You must evolve Echoes of the Forgotten to stage 5 for it to produce orcs. But as soon as it gains the ability, it is the single most efficient orc producer in the game. A stage 5 Echoes of the Forgotten will vastly outperform 2 Orc Nests of the same level.

Glandeh

@Grayflame There are 2 evolving buildings which are especially good orc producers: Witch's Hut and Echoes of the Forgotten. I am not sure if you were playing when the original events happened, but the artifacts for each have been in the Spire of Eternity. Check your inventory to see if you have any artifacts to evolve either of these buildings. Also check your sorceries to see if you have any sorceries that can be used for an artifact. I know there has been at least 1 sorcery that can summon a Witch's Hut artifact, I am not sure about Echoes. If you do not have the base building for them, they are available to craft in the Magic Academy. It is very easy to compare these buildings to Orc Nests, because they are the exact same size as 2 Orc Nests stacked on top of each other. At stage 3, Witch Hut is roughly equal to 2 Orc Nests combined in orc production. But the Witch's Hut will be giving you Faineant Frogs (heavy ranged military unit) and population in addition to the orcs. At stage 4 or beyond, Witch's Hut is way better than 2 Orc Nests. You must evolve Echoes of the Forgotten to stage 5 for it to produce orcs. But as soon as it gains the ability, it is the single most efficient orc producer in the game. A stage 5 Echoes of the Forgotten will vastly outperform 2 Orc Nests of the same level.
There is a sorcery for the Echoes, it's called Tome of Ice and Fire. It will gie you either an artifact for the Echoes of the Forgotten or one for Boblin's Express Service. No Royal Restorations from this one.
Forthe Witch's Hut, there are at least two: the Tome of Spooky Artifacts (Witch's Hut or Summoning Circle or Witch Doctor) and the Tome of the Spirits (Witch's Hut or Summoning Circle)

FairyInBellbottoms

Shroom Aficionado
@Grayflame ~ In my humble opinion, Henroo gives amazing advice. Follow his guidelines and you WILL NOT go wrong.

@Henroo I took your advice when I was a baby city and started collecting artifacts for the Witch Hut & Echoes of the Forgotten. I maxed the Witch Hut @ 10 just recently and absolutely love the Faineant Frogs. They really help me fight in the tournament!
I'm stilling collecting artifacts for the Echoes of the Forgotten as I speak. (I have 6)
As a side endeavor, I just set out the Flower of Epiphany and Saw Mills for Mana. Plus 3 Weeping Willows. I may swap them out for Saw Mills eventually. Thank you for taking the time to help us newbies ☮✌

Last edited:

Henroo

Oh Wise One
@Grayflame ~ In my humble opinion, Henroo gives amazing advice. Follow his guidelines and you WILL NOT go wrong.

@Henroo I took your advice when I was a baby city and started collecting artifacts for the Witch Hut & Echoes of the Forgotten. I maxed the Witch Hut @ 10 just recently and absolutely I love the Faineant Frogs. They really help me fight in the tournament!
I'm stilling collecting artifacts for the Echoes of the Forgotten as I speak. (I have 6)
As a side endeavor, I just set out the Flower of Epiphany and Saw Mills for Mana. Plus 3 Weeping Willows. I may swap them out for Saw Mills eventually. Thank you for taking the time to help us newbies ☮✌
If you have 6 artifacts for Echoes of the Forgotten, you can evolve it to stage 7. Even at only stage 7, it will still be an amazing orc producer. If you have 2 Orc Nests currently in your city, you can delete them, place Echoes, and evolve it. This will be an immediate improvement to your city. As far as mana, Festival Merchants are the way to go. You craft these in the magic academy. They will outperform Sawmills and will VASTLY outperform Weeping Willows. Honestly, Weeping Willows are not that great as a mana source. The main benefit they have is that you can construct them at any time with your builders. By comparision, you must wait for Festival Merchants or Mana Sawmills to appear in your magic academy as a crafting option. I think it is best to view Weeping Willows as a temporary, stopgap measure you use until you can craft better options in your magic academy or win better options in an event. They are not the kind of building you want to have out long term because they are so large and inefficient.