• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Orc Planning

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser1055

How do you get a Shroom of Wisdom? Could someone please explain this gross Orc process to me? I guess I need to know, though my Fellowship is falling apart since the release of the Orcs and we are all looking for another game to play together. Just how many bottles of wine were consumed by the developers of the game to come up with something that would make people NOT want to play anymore?

DeletedUser627

Posts were merged and a warning for multi-posting was issued.
Every post that brings up substance abuse on the forums will be warned immediately. In case it wasn't already clear, there is no place for such discussions on these boards.

Consider this the only public warning I will be giving on this thread, and on others.

Well, let's say we need some pharmaceutical reps to pass out samples of the Psychoshrooms so we can better moderate the moods and behaviors of our Orcs. Our own little Hamsterdam.

How do you get a Shroom of Wisdom? Could someone please explain this gross Orc process to me? I guess I need to know, though my Fellowship is falling apart since the release of the Orcs and we are all looking for another game to play together. Just how many bottles of wine were consumed by the developers of the game to come up with something that would make people NOT want to play anymore?

"How many bottles of wine?" Remember this is a German game, where small quantities of narcotics for personal consumption are legal.

Very sorry to hear your Fellowship is discouraged...I've heard of others who are looking for other games to migrate to as well.

and oops! sorry for the double post

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1055

Well, let's say we need some pharmaceutical reps to pass out samples of the Psychoshrooms so we can better moderate the moods and behaviors of our Orcs. Our own little Hamsterdam.
"How many bottles of wine?" Remember this is a German game, where small quantities of narcotics for personal consumption are legal.

Very sorry to hear your Fellowship is discouraged...I've heard of others who are looking for other games to migrate to as well.

If we are now to breed Orcs and use their bodily waste, that's not more offensive than mentioning pharmaceuticals? Ewwww!
I'm finding the orcs miserable as well. This is such a slog. One of our longest players also is threatening to quit.
I have several Archmage friends who have already lost their top players. They feel used by the game after playing it since it's inception, only to have it ruined. I swear my 12 year old grandson could do a better job.
Missanthopy merged two posts, and untangled the quoting.

Maz Mellor

Every post that brings up substance abuse on the forums will be warned immediately. In case it wasn't already clear, there is no place for such discussions on these boards.

I find this bewildering, since substance abuse has now essentially been written into the Elvenar storyline. It's OK for it to be part of the game, but not OK for us to talk about it?!

I'm not (just) being snarky; I am genuinely flabbergasted by this post.

DeletedUser43

The chapter's story is that orcs are consuming psychoshrooms during their wild parties right before they go on their raids.

I mean, that is exactly the story. So, I am with Maz.....genuinely baffled about the warning.

@Synesthesia You may not be aware, but we have been saying for a long time that this content isn't appropriate for this game and we got threatened with banishment for saying that. I couldn't agree with you more that we shouldn't be feeding so many mind altering substances to our characters that their parties get wild. Do you know how many of these psychoshrooms I have to make each day? I had to tear half my city down so I could do nothing but grow more because the orcs are insatiable. I won't use the words, but what would you call a person who grows lots of psycho plants in order to give to others for their "wild" parties?

But it isn't us that brought up the subject, it is Inno. Maybe you could talk to the devs about changing it?

DeletedUser1987

Can there be a rule that the devs have to (anonymously) post the stuff they're planning on writing into the game on the forums, and see if it gets banned, before they write it into the game? Because I agree with Maz and Bobbykitty. Forum rules say that posts that bring it up will be warned immediately, but it is part of the game? This is very much a paradox. The devs can put it in the game, but we can't talk about it on the game forum.

DeletedUser43

None of us WANT this content in this game. We don't want to be psychoshroom farmers and we don't want to give things to the goblins so they can "control" the orcs so the orcs will be forced to give us their labor (aka slaves). But that is the content. The horribly inappropriate and offensive content.

DeletedUser68

This thread has devolved into the same few people agreeing with each other that they don't care for the Orcs storyline, so I'm locking it.

Status
Not open for further replies.