• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Orcs - surviving them with less pain

Deleted User - 1178646

@CrazyWizard - LOL u made me try the autofight again....I havent used it for aaaaages! :eek:

only in the tourney yet, but it looks good :)
2nd round 3 provinces won them all except 1 i had to redo but that i won with buncha troops left at the 2nd try lol
thanx! now i'm back producing troops again! ;) YAYY! may get to use those Power of Provisions too they keep making us produce in the events lol

I'm done w Woodelves too, but no Needles nor Heros Forge built.
My Martial is only at lvl 7 too
I guess I'll have to take another look at the AWs...I kinda neglected them for seeing no point in building or upgrading them :confused: :p

your welcome, enjoy :D

DeletedUser4778

Deleted User - 1178646

@Draconomicon
On every production facility when you hover your mose over the in the picture marked area a new window will open with all the information. this include base production, relic boost, portal boost, mountain hall boost, spell boost ect.

upload_2017-2-17_7-43-23.png

DeletedUser4778

@Draconomicon
On every production facility when you hover your mose over the in the picture marked area a new window will open with all the information. this include base production, relic boost, portal boost, mountain hall boost, spell boost ect.

View attachment 1675
Yes, I'm aware of that and that hovering over the green output figure will show the base output and then the pluses from whatever but I didn't want to ask lots of people to give me the base output for different kinds of factories from Lv16 and up especially since that will depend on which productions they're running at the time. Actually, come to think of it, I don't know if the output in Elven Architect is based on 24-hour production runs but I'm guessing it is. I'll have to dig around some more and see what I can find or message Konniver directly.

Deleted User - 1178646

i's written behind it
Yes, I'm aware of that and that hovering over the green output figure will show the base output and then the pluses from whatever but I didn't want to ask lots of people to give me the base output for different kinds of factories from Lv16 and up especially since that will depend on which productions they're running at the time. Actually, come to think of it, I don't know if the output in Elven Architect is based on 24-hour production runs but I'm guessing it is. I'll have to dig around some more and see what I can find or message Konniver directly.
upload_2017-2-17_12-48-46.png

huh daily? looks well specified here. 3h, 9h, 1 day and 2 days.

DeletedUser4778

i's written behind it

View attachment 1676

huh daily? looks well specified here. 3h, 9h, 1 day and 2 days.
Thanks! How exactly did you get it to display that info? Do I use the City Planner and build the appropriate factory level that I want and then click Report? I just tried putting only one Lv16 elven steel factory and clicked Report and it gave me 446. Under Production, it says "All values are calculated using the 1-day production option and without bonuses." How do I get it to show me the output for other productions runs? I've clicked everywhere I could think of but can't see how I can get it to display specific output for different prod runs. I also can't see how I can open the fairy stuff you linked earlier without pasting the URL directly onto the address bar.

EDIT: Ah, I finally figured it out. I have to click on All Buildings and then the specific building that I want. Thanks a lot, CrazyWizard! This will help me a lot.

DeletedUser1590

So! tips, cautions, advice. Bring it those of you that made it through this nasty chapter. I'm half through with my lovely fairies and hate that but... I dread encountering the nasty smelly orcs. please post what helped you, what hindered you and so forth. and thank you for sharing!
I'm up to 28 mushroom farms maxed at level four, and have 4 rally points, levels 4, 2, 2, and 1. And it is STILL taking me forever. The only benefit that having to proceed at a crawl that I've seen is that I've "had" to dump my KP into my AW's, so it's forced me to upgrade them, which really is not a bad thing. But, my god, the amount of time it takes to make enough orc $h!t to grow shrooms of wonder is maddening--even with all four rally points going. I am going to start producing more rubbish (or whatever the heck it's called) to get my rally points maxed out. In the end, it will take me less time to wait for the upgrades so I can produce stuff faster than to not upgrade and produce it at the slower rate. My advice is drop no fewer than 3 rally points and max your shroom growers to level 4 as quickly as possible.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Was reading that the quests give an idea of the minimum buildings needed for a guest race and are roughly 2/3 of expectation. So I would assume they base their calcs for space/time on the 100% mark. Not saying you have to do 100%. So with Orc there is a quest to have 3 rally points so the 100% mark would be 4 or 5

Deleted User - 1178646

5 of those would be nuts.

20 schrooms, 3 rallypoints and it took like 2.5 months or so, it was one hell of a nasty chapter.
woodelves I loved it, it went pretty fast, so I had time to relax before the new race comes. got a good break to go beserk on the next chapter ;)

DeletedUser3122

I'm late to the initial discussion, but I finished orc chapter a couple weeks ago and, other than about 2 weeks of being tech locked in the beginning - which is when I was only upgrading my orc buildings and portal, I sailed through that chapter the rest of the way.

Keep in mind, I have lots of time on my hands, and I usually do rounds every 3 hours. I think that makes quite a difference, in addition to the number of buildings you're able to have space for.

In my city, I had 4 rally points fully upgraded, 3 armories fully upgraded (though I imagine I could scale that back to 2 if I really wanted), and 42 mushroom farms upgraded only to level 2. If I didn't have space for that many, I would've cut that number in half and fully upgraded them. So the way a city is created can make quite a difference, and the amount of time upgrading can also make a difference.

I did not delete anything in my city except my steel manufactories, taking them down to 4.

I seriously doubt I could've made it through the orc chapter any faster, as you can only earn so much KP without spending diamonds (which I didn't do). But that chapter really didn't take me any longer than the fairy or dwarf chapters, but by maybe a couple weeks. So I honestly don't understand why people complained so much. I think in the end, it matters how much time you have to devote to the game. If you don't constantly harvest and reset the rally points, it will take a lot longer I imagine.

Also, it's so tempting to unlock the tech first, and I think that's a big mistake and adds time. Resist temptation, upgrade the orc buildings as soon as you can. The rest is bound to be smooth sailing.

That's my 2 cents =)

Deleted User - 1178646

I'm late to the initial discussion, but I finished orc chapter a couple weeks ago and, other than about 2 weeks of being tech locked in the beginning - which is when I was only upgrading my orc buildings and portal, I sailed through that chapter the rest of the way.

Keep in mind, I have lots of time on my hands, and I usually do rounds every 3 hours. I think that makes quite a difference, in addition to the number of buildings you're able to have space for.

In my city, I had 4 rally points fully upgraded, 3 armories fully upgraded (though I imagine I could scale that back to 2 if I really wanted), and 42 mushroom farms upgraded only to level 2. If I didn't have space for that many, I would've cut that number in half and fully upgraded them. So the way a city is created can make quite a difference, and the amount of time upgrading can also make a difference.

I did not delete anything in my city except my steel manufactories, taking them down to 4.

I seriously doubt I could've made it through the orc chapter any faster, as you can only earn so much KP without spending diamonds (which I didn't do). But that chapter really didn't take me any longer than the fairy or dwarf chapters, but by maybe a couple weeks. So I honestly don't understand why people complained so much. I think in the end, it matters how much time you have to devote to the game. If you don't constantly harvest and reset the rally points, it will take a lot longer I imagine.

Also, it's so tempting to unlock the tech first, and I think that's a big mistake and adds time. Resist temptation, upgrade the orc buildings as soon as you can. The rest is bound to be smooth sailing.

That's my 2 cents =)

Most people did not have room, or did not want to make the room for 42 mushroom farms and 4 rally points

You used about 25% of the space your average player has access to according to specs of innogames (6 start 33 research and 27 world map expansions)
upload_2017-2-23_14-46-18.png
Most people used about half the space that you used, making it a long and dreary chapter.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3122

Most people did not have room, or did not want to make the room for 42 mushroom farms and 4 rally points

You used about 25% of the space your average player has access to according to specs of innogames (6 start 33 research and 27 world map expansions)

Most people used about half the space that you used, making it a long and dreary chapter.

Right, which is what I pointed out, by saying if you don't have the space, you should fully upgrade. But the chapter is not painfully long for everyone, if they have the time and space. It was my hope that this would encourage people not to dread the chapter.

DeletedUser2963

Right, which is what I pointed out, by saying if you don't have the space, you should fully upgrade. But the chapter is not painfully long for everyone, if they have the time and space. It was my hope that this would encourage people not to dread the chapter.
You were partially successful. In order to make enough room I am going to have to raze parts of my city, so still dreading orcs. But looking at your info made me realize that I wont have to live with the changes as long as I thought, so thx. :)

Still think I am going to linger a while in fairies, my production is solid and increasing across the board, so I think I will just sit a bit and increase my surplus of everything and boost my wonders a few levels b4 razing my city:eek:

Will also have to chat with my AM before I tank my rank and provide a timeline for recovery!

DeletedUser3696

You were partially successful. In order to make enough room I am going to have to raze parts of my city, so still dreading orcs. But looking at your info made me realize that I wont have to live with the changes as long as I thought, so thx. :)

Still think I am going to linger a while in fairies, my production is solid and increasing across the board, so I think I will just sit a bit and increase my surplus of everything and boost my wonders a few levels b4 razing my city:eek:

Will also have to chat with my AM before I tank my rank and provide a timeline for recovery!
Why wouldn't you at least start the Orc chapter?? While pumping your AWs you could gain some enough guest race supplies to get to portal lvl 4 and start a good base in a limited amount of space until you fully delve into the chapter.
Maybe that's just me?

DeletedUser2963

Why wouldn't you at least start the Orc chapter?? While pumping your AWs you could gain some enough guest race supplies to get to portal lvl 4 and start a good base in a limited amount of space until you fully delve into the chapter.
Not just you. If I don't make allot of room I will be tech locked in orcs.

I enjoy planning ahead for each chapter so I get through as fast as possible and don't get tech locked ever!! So if I set a stopping point at advanced scouts, and I decide I will not advance until my blooming trader guild hits level ?, and my abyss hits level ?, well then I am NOT tech locked I am just.... hanging out on purpose!o_O
:rolleyes:

If I do it your way, and just linger in orcs I wont have to raze my city, but but but...I have only been tech locked 12 hours so far in the entire game on my main world.! So deciding to be tech locked by choice through a chapter is in my pea brain different from deciding not to start the chapter till I am ready to roll it fast. The application of logic to this bit of crazy has not helped at all but feel free to give it a go.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3122

The main reason I razed my steel factories is I really didn't need the output, being consistently around 300K steel. But then I participate in virtually every tournament, which means I have full manufactory boost of 700%, and in addition, my mountain halls give me (at this point) an additional 17%.

In fact, I still produce so much with just 4 steel factories, I'm easily able to give new members with scores < 10K a welcome gift of 10K of all first tier goods, to help them get off the ground.

It was really nice having all that extra space though, it helped me whiz through the orc chapter. I may build a couple extra steel, to make sure I can always help out my FS members in the future. =) (the ranking points are nice too, but that is not my objective in the game, my main objective being to have fun and help members of our FS.)