• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Orcs - surviving them with less pain

DeletedUser3640

I'll be done in 3 days, which puts me 10 days past my 2 month goal, but most of that I can blame on travelling.
When you only log in once a day, ALL productions are 24h productions.....

Well then prepare yourself for Woodelves of Pain, where productions don't matter at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7277

This is the scariest and most ridiculous rendition of how to get through Orcs and Goblins that I've ever read. Just go at your own pace folks and enjoy the game. After all, it is only a game, and if you aren't having fun playing it you're doing something wrong. Happy gaming all...

DeletedUser3297

I loved the Orc chapter. Once I got the hang of how the production buildings went, it was fairly simple. I did have to section off areas of my city so I knew what was producing what. I started Orcs with 66 mushroom farms and 6 rally points and ended the chapter with 20 mushroom farms and 12 rally points. Took 44 days to complete as I kept 33% of all available space dedicated to guest races. I had my entire city wrapped with orc stuff, which was fun to look at :) I was able to accomplish this because I do keep my city small. None of my manufactories are at top level and I only have 4 guest race level workshops. I was able to run 170% culture bonus through the entire chapter no problem. Now in Woodelves I have more than 40,000 culture over the min for 170% bonus and will finish the chapter with more than 7,000 excess pop as well. I've only purchased 4 premium expansions, but I do have a lot of premium culture lol

The biggest pain I had with the chapter was the idle building icon, it always seemed to be on the next farm over.

DeletedUser3122

I started Orcs with 66 mushroom farms and 6 rally points

For the average player, this would not be possible to build that much. I had 8 extra expansions I bought with diamonds early on in the game, and even with those, there's no way I could've fit that many buildings in orc chapter. I had 3 rally points and 42 mushroom farms. I had them upgraded to level 2 or 3. I think I had the "basic" 20 upgraded to level 4. And people told me I was extreme for having that many.

If I were to advise my FS to build what you built, they would freak out at me. I don't want people to get discouraged, and I want to encourage them to build as much as they're capable.

The rest of my response is not relevant to your statement, but relevant to the discussion. :)

That said, I was only tech locked in that chapter for about 2-3 weeks, definitely not more. I was tech locked at the end, not the beginning. I pretty much sailed through the beginning, which is misleading to the unprepared!

So word of caution: you might sail through the beginning of the chapter and think you don't need to upgrade those rally points, but trust me when I say - do it early. Otherwise when you get to the end, you get majorly jammed and since you think you're almost done, don't want to bother upgrading. But then it drags on & on & on. Seen it happen too many times to other players.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
For the average player, this would not be possible to build that much.
Maybe not quite that much to start, but it's totally do able.
Using zero premium expansions, and only having the minimum provinces cleared to get out of fairies I had this:
http://www.elvenarchitect.com/city/planner/a553597d9b6843f299404f02f9046c40/
and my other account
http://www.elvenarchitect.com/city/planner/c198d234f8474225883ef641a9507431/

As I cleared provinces for the woodelf chest and got expansions in the tech tree I just used the space to add rally points. Despite what my builds above show, I had farms of various levels (about 1/4 of each) and all level 1 rally points.

Granted, I have quite a lot of event buildings, but any player who has made it to orcs must have finished a major event or 2 as well.

Thistleknot

This is the scariest and most ridiculous rendition of how to get through Orcs and Goblins that I've ever read. Just go at your own pace folks and enjoy the game. After all, it is only a game, and if you aren't having fun playing it you're doing something wrong. Happy gaming all...

Brecka,
I'm with you. I plod along at a nice steady pace. If I get tech-locked, I don't stress. No real point in rushing through the game.