• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Orcs - surviving them with less pain

Deleted User - 1178646

I would not destroy half my town just to go faster trough a chapter.
1 trick that you can do is to delay levelin
Not just you. If I don't make allot of room I will be tech locked in orcs.

I enjoy planning ahead for each chapter so I get through as fast as possible and don't get tech locked ever!! So if I set a stopping point at advanced scouts, and I decide I will not advance until my blooming trader guild hits level ?, and my abyss hits level ?, well then I am NOT tech locked I am just.... hanging out on purpose!o_O
:rolleyes:

If I do it your way, and just linger in orcs I wont have to raze my city, but but but...I have only been tech locked 12 hours so far in the entire game on my main world.! So deciding to be tech locked by choice through a chapter is in my pea brain different from deciding not to start the chapter till I am ready to roll it fast. The application of logic to this bit of crazy has not helped at all but feel free to give it a go.

Well because you raze your city you go faster trough the chapter but you also loose time rebuilding your city, I am at the end of my tech, If I go all out on the next chapter I will go trough it probably a few weeks faster, but it will take at least a month to repair the damage afterwards.

so it's a choice, but in my case I prefer to be a little slower, if I get locked I just pump up my wonders, like I would when I finished the chapter.
but it saves me de headache of rebuilding all that I have lost.

Deleted User - 1178646

That whole thing sounded Exhausting rather than fun :/

Thought this was a game - sounds like a chore *chuckle*
Not many have claimed the orc chapter was fun to them :(

I like to note that the downside of that tech (it was my preferred method in the past as well)
It's that these days elevenar has events, and without culture you can't complete them :(

If there like valantine I dont really care, those rewards were rubbis, but the other event's I loved them. (and there rewards)

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I'm only halfway into orcs, but so far it has bee really smooth, even while travelling and making rare logins I haven't been in danger of being tech locked. The key for me I think is using only the 5:3:2 factories, 10 winter stars, and every square possible for guest race buildings. Every expansion I get is another rally point (minus 2 farms) I should probably do some scouting and get even more expansions(I'm still at minimum) but I'm lazy and saving scouts for events.
An active player won't need nearly as many rally points as I'm doing, but most of the time my armaments take me 24 hours instead of 2.5

Deleted User - 1178646

It seems that people who come from fairies to orcs do fairly well.
For many of us we did the orcs after being done with the tech tree for quite a while. so we started to build our city's. since before it took at least 6 months for a new race but 4 months after the fairies the orcs came.
Then the Orcs came, but our city's were used to getting quite bunch of expansions at a new chapter and off course were fully build so there was litte room to maneuvre.

It was also the first race introduced when events happened,(summer soltice was 2-3 weeks after the race started) In the past we could just razed all our culture and made plenty room for a new race, but now this even came by with amazing rewards we did not wanted to miss, so we had to rebuild our culture again to become eligable to play in this awesome event.

so we became even more stressed about the space we had.
I think all this combined made it a horrible chapter for many of us. nowadays we know events come by and we know we dont get much room to play with. so our minds are already adjusted to these limitation.
But when the orcs came out mind was simply unprepared for it.

DeletedUser3696

Not just you. If I don't make allot of room I will be tech locked in orcs.

I enjoy planning ahead for each chapter so I get through as fast as possible and don't get tech locked ever!! So if I set a stopping point at advanced scouts, and I decide I will not advance until my blooming trader guild hits level ?, and my abyss hits level ?, well then I am NOT tech locked I am just.... hanging out on purpose!o_O
:rolleyes:

If I do it your way, and just linger in orcs I wont have to raze my city, but but but...I have only been tech locked 12 hours so far in the entire game on my main world.! So deciding to be tech locked by choice through a chapter is in my pea brain different from deciding not to start the chapter till I am ready to roll it fast. The application of logic to this bit of crazy has not helped at all but feel free to give it a go.
I'll call the difference in our views semantics!!! By not advancing to the next chapter and pumping your AWs you are essentially doing the same thing as someone who is tech locked.

To me the definition of tech locked is having no current tech to put kp into. I am currently tech locked having finished the woodelves chapter.

As long as you are happy with the way you are playing I guess that truly is all that matters :D

DeletedUser2963

To me the definition of tech locked is having no current tech to put kp into.
roflmao...yes yes, see so if I stop at advanced scouts, I could put my kp into my tech tree, so not locked just chillin for a bit:p. I have got no clue why one is okay and the other makes me cringe when its the SAME THING!:rolleyes:

And even as I typed that, even logically seeing that it is the same...my gut reaction remains "it's not"!!

DeletedUser3696

roflmao...yes yes, see so if I stop at advanced scouts, I could put my kp into my tech tree, so not locked just chillin for a bit:p. I have got no clue why one is okay and the other makes me cringe when its the SAME THING!:rolleyes:

And even as I typed that, even logically seeing that it is the same...my gut reaction remains "it's not"!!
You have a good sense of humour. That's a win right there ;)

dikke ikke

My city is 73 squares big, 8 are in use for orcs stuff, being 2 rally points and 20 farms. I still have to do 6 'leaves' in my tech three and then orcs are finished for me. If I can do that in the coming 3 weeks, then I was not that far off with my plan to finish the orcs level in 3 months. I am a bit stuck now because it take so long to grow shrooms of wisdom and to gather loot, things that are heavily needed in these lasts 'leaves'. In total I still need 5200 shrooms of wisdom and 8100 loot. But the orc level was ok for me, I found dwarves harder because there you still need to learn the whole guest race logic.

DeletedUser3312

Orcs suck... that is the most positive thing I can say. There is nothing fun or interesting about this chapter. It is a boring, tedious, mind numbing slog fest of blech. You come in, you make 650 mushrooms (need 7 farms for this) which take 12 hours each to produce and then put those 650 shrooms in a rally point and in 1 day, you get 30 debris. You need 250 - 600 debris (and up) to complete any tech, or building upgrade. It will take you at least a week to produce enough stuff to upgrade one building or open a tech. So to compare. it is like painting a barn in the pouring rain and watching it wash off the building and dry.

DeletedUser3122

I think the orc chapter is somewhat unpleasant, because orcs are unpleasant. It was somewhat of a challenge, which made it more interesting than standard fare. What I didn't like is, that I'm an elf, to have dwarves (from that chapter) or orcs (from that chapter) wandering inside my city. But at least they make the storyline interesting. I personally found the poo way overdone, but I also found the big, fat pink and purple flowers in the fairy chapter way overdone. In the end, I don't think everyone will be happy with everything in the game. Me, I just like completing stuff and moving on. :)

DeletedUser3696

I think the orc chapter is somewhat unpleasant, because orcs are unpleasant. It was somewhat of a challenge, which made it more interesting than standard fare. What I didn't like is, that I'm an elf, to have dwarves (from that chapter) or orcs (from that chapter) wandering inside my city. But at least they make the storyline interesting. I personally found the poo way overdone, but I also found the big, fat pink and purple flowers in the fairy chapter way overdone. In the end, I don't think everyone will be happy with everything in the game. Me, I just like completing stuff and moving on. :)
I still wish you could pick the chapter art you want for your buildings (call them skins), similar to your player avatar. That way you could have some personality in your city while still being able to upgrade buildings.
Only need to change the art for each new size of building(s).

DeletedUser2388

Even though orcs were crawling at a snail's pace in the beginning I hit my stride and became a shroomin' fool. But today not only did I pay out the cash/shrooms/loot/kp for city expansion 34 but they charged me an additional 7 million to actually place it! Maxxed MH for my stage means I can accrue 10.4 and they took 7! o_O:mad::eek:
*grabs pitchforks, lights torches and gathers a mob*

DeletedUser3696

Even though orcs were crawling at a snail's pace in the beginning I hit my stride and became a shroomin' fool. But today not only did I pay out the cash/shrooms/loot/kp for city expansion 34 but they charged me an additional 7 million to actually place it! Maxxed MH for my stage means I can accrue 10.4 and they took 7! o_O:mad::eek:
*grabs pitchforks, lights torches and gathers a mob*
I believe they get more expensive and start taking a higher % of your capacity.