• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Pet Peeves About Elvenar

Tauriel Dragonwood

Even with all its ups and downs, I still enjoy exploring Elvenar but during my travels I've found a few minor annoyances (pet peeves) which if the game devs changed would make me a very happy elf.

You know what bugs me about Elvenar? You finish research on an expansion, which are few and far between, and unlock a City Expansion but you can't build it until you pay a huge amount of coins.

Care to share any pet peeves you have?

Tauriel Dragonwood

@Bkbajb Maybe for you it's not a big deal but for me it is. I think we should be given credit for unlocking certain items. When you conquer 8, 9, 10 (it just keeps rising) provinces on the World Map, you are given a Province Expansion, which I believe you do not have to pay any additional coins to build.

It just would be nice to receive the City Expansion which has cost us quite a bit of goods to get that far to unlock the research, without also having to pay coins for it.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I don't see the difference between having to pay to place a city expansion, having to pay to place a new AW, having to pay to place a new culture building, etc. They're all the same. I do think it's nice that there's also an expansion you don't have to pay to build: the province expansion. Those things look very different to me, as the amount of goods it costs to clear 8 encounters in 9 provinces probably exceeds the cost of unlocking a research tech by a bunch.
Maybe I just look at the glass as half full?

DeletedUser12171

I think paying coins (not diamonds) for expansions are no big deal. I mean like what does it cost you except the time taken to collect coins from your residences?

my pet peeve is there is no indicator showing uncompleted provinces, so i sometimes forget to complete a province after finishing a few encounters

DeletedUser1349

My pet peeves considering the fact that Elvenar has immensely improved since I originally quit playing. I am quite a happy camper with the current state of the game!

Invisible soldiers and missing hexes on battle map requiring a refresh.
Grand prize Event buildings that suck due mainly to the fact they take up too much room.
No fellowship forums.
No global & neighborhood chat.
Have to use special techniques to copy and paste from chat & messages.
No hot links in chat and messages.
Local noob dead cities stuck on main hall upgrade due to the game not updating completed construction until player logs in, resulting in the fact they can never be visited.
The fact that Inno has not redrawn the map & moved our cities since I returned to the game 3/12/18.
Fellowship Adventures requiring tons of goods, relics & orcs, and adventures themselves occurring too frequently. (Inno "might" have already fixed this).
The fact Inno doesn't give me 1K diamonds per week free.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7510

You know what bugs me about Elvenar? You finish research on an expansion, which are few and far between, and unlock a City Expansion but you can't build it until you pay a huge amount of coins.

Glad to hear you are enjoying the game overall!

If it helps you think less peevish thoughts about Expansion purchase costs, let me offer a couple of considerations:
What would be the consequence(s) of making Expansion techs automatically gift you the expansion?
It seems to me that rather than making the expansions twice as affordable, Inno would simply fold the purchase cost into the tech cost.
That would make it harder to advance through the tech tree if you weren't having space issues yet, like me in my "salad days" of the early chapters. I think having more expansions also affects the culture bonus requirements (?). (edit: just realized you would likely be awarded the expansion like you are for conquering provinces, so the culture concern would be kind of moot - you wouldn't have to actually place it until you were ready)
So I guess I see it more as offering flexibility to do what you want rather than something you HAVE to do.

Tauriel Dragonwood

@glenjen Aye, I still have more pros than cons playing Elvenar. The coin cost to build a City Expansion which takes me months to finally get the research finished is, in my opinion, still too excessive. I just hope it won't ever cost me coins to build a Province Expansion after I've solved 9 or more encounters in the Provinces. I go through goods negotiating like the amount of water I drink each day living in a dry climate. Inno wouldn't dare make you also pay in coins after the research is finished, or would they? Hmmm?

Risen Malchiah

I think of Elvenar like this:

You go to the store and buy a Twinkie. Then you pay to unwrap the Twinkie. Now you must also pay to eat the Twinkie. And if you want the 2nd Twinkie, you must pay again, but you must now fit it in your mouth sideways.

They still taste good though and you keep coming back for more. Some may even demand that the store stock more Twinkies because they've eaten all theirs too quickly and must now wait for the shelves to restock. :)

Last edited:

DeletedUser12171

A tooltip in the Buildings Menu in the Expansions tab, will show you how many “Completed Provinces” you have and how many are “Required for the next Expansion.” Go to the Buildings Menu, click on the Expansions tab and then hover over each expansion.
You read me wrongly
@Tauriel Dragonwood I could be wrong, but I took that statement to mean that the Poster has a hard time locating uncompleted provinces on the world map in order to go back and finish them, and would like an indicator to distinguish a started, but not-finshed prov without having to hover over each one.. :oops:

Aramina is right.

Something like the tournament screen where you could go directly to open provinces would be ideal

@glenjen Aye, I still have more pros than cons playing Elvenar. The coin cost to build a City Expansion which takes me months to finally get the research finished is, in my opinion, still too excessive. I just hope it won't ever cost me coins to build a Province Expansion after I've solved 9 or more encounters in the Provinces. I go through goods negotiating like the amount of water I drink each day living in a dry climate. Inno wouldn't dare make you also pay in coins after the research is finished, or would they? Hmmm?

I really don't believe the claims you are making in this post and shall have to take it as an attempt at some wry humour

DeletedUser12171

Sorry, I thought I was helping.
don't worry about it. I think you thought I was referring to expansions, which I wasn't.

I sometimes partially complete a province, e.g. when event quests call for them and then forget about completing them until later on. Sometimes, I scout a province for a quest and it finishes but I forget where it is, and thinking I hadn't done it I start another scout. I'm currently at 223 provinces completed, and it's starting to get difficult to remember exactly where I last scouted or left uncompleted provinces. that's why I said this is my pet peeve.

DeletedUser3507

You know there are few solutions to your pet peeve :rolleyes: When I place an expansion, I suddenly remember I can visit my neighbors....:oops: Surely the game will grow boring if we begin receiving everything for free or a fraction of the cost...

Ok when you make the city grid bigger I can place my free 6 expansions I have earned, untill then notta...lmao...You forget us players that have accumulated expansions past what's presently possible...;):);):p:D

Yes, me and alot of players in FS's # 1-5 are at the 127 Expansions + the base 5 you start with for a total of 132. I hope to see the city grid expand soon....:);):)