• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Player/city movement

• Thread starter DeletedUser1724
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser43

I don't know that this was part of the great move of players or just finally a filler of players

I'm pretty sure it was a filler. I don't see anything here that says we will move yet. When it happens, you get an option under your options tab to uncheck the move button if you want.

DeletedUser3312

ya that's what I'm thinking. smiles ... but it was kinda nice. I am positive most of them are 1 day wonders lol... but what ever... I may see dead people soon. lol lol lol (what was the name of that movie?)

DeletedUser3686

I've only been playing for about a month and there's definitely been a bit of movement on the server I play on. For the most part the change is positive, even in inactive cities, there's a greater gold boost. Prior to the move, there were very little neighbors, now there's not a single gold mine and I've completed a 5 providence away radius. The best positive by far with cities moving is substantially more trade activity.

Still, there are some cities which are permanently inaccessible. There's a few who were in the middle of a main hall upgrade and I suppose never logged back in again so there are no help options or gold boosts there.

I have noticed that some players are gone entirely over the past few weeks. These were all cities that had never made it past the original tutorial, so I wonder if there's account deletion after a certain period of inactivity.

All of my boosts have stayed the same.

I find that the outer edge changed a little. To the south has always been pretty sparse, but if I complete the providences in the north first, by the time I get to the south, there's more cities there. Not sure if this is because of accounts signing up or cities moving.

I've kept all of my active neighbors.

DeletedUser3312

All of my boosts have stayed the same.

I find that the outer edge changed a little. To the south has always been pretty sparse, but if I complete the providences in the north first, by the time I get to the south, there's more cities there. Not sure if this is because of accounts signing up or cities moving.

The player move has not happened yet. The empty spots and gold mines are being filled with new players. For the most part they will quit within an hour or 2 of play. and hopefully not begin a mh upgrade and never return. I have 4 like that just in the first week. so those cities are totally dead and nothing can be done on them. gah!!!

DeletedUser4111

Hello All, Just wondering if anyone has an idea as to when the 'Move to Center' will start?

I'm in Wyn on the US server and would like to give my fellowship any updates.

Right now I'm in a desert with well over 100 gold mines and a grand total of 8 inactive neighbors; so I am very much looking forward to the move.

muf muf?

DeletedUser3312

Hello All, Just wondering if anyone has an idea as to when the 'Move to Center' will start?
I'm in Wyn on the US server and would like to give my fellowship any updates. Right now I'm in a desert with well over 100 gold mines and a grand total of 8 inactive neighbors; so I am very much looking forward to the move. muf muf?

no word yet. and we are all wondering. the last info I have is that a small manual move was successful. nothing has been automated and have not heard if any other moves are planned.

DeletedUser4111

no word yet. and we are all wondering. the last info I have is that a small manual move was successful. nothing has been automated and have not heard if any other moves are planned.
Thanks for the reply Jewess. Just getting impatient i suppose. lol

Thistleknot

I have mixed feelings on this. I currently have about 174 explored city hexes and only 36 of those are actually occupied by a city. That's roughly 80% of my explored area is unoccupied. I would love to have more cities to aid and potentially get aid from. But I am hesitant about being moved because I have built good associations with the few active players near me. I know I would build new associations, but it's nice having players that I know and that I'm comfortable with.

DeletedUser61

The one adjustment I'd love them to make is moving advanced inactives away from the middle as well.
The approach that I prefer would be to move the inactive "safe harbor" cities into the Oort Cloud at ring 40 or so. This would be a simple programming change, the vacancy search (for the INACTIVE cities) would start with one of the sectors in ring 40, rather than starting at the center of the map. If the inactive owner happens to show up again, then their now active city would be moved toward the center of the map during the next sweep.
The orc negotiating requirement caused a lot of players to quit and more are quitting all the time.
Death by Programmer. They were probably looking for an excuse to leave anyway.
Why not set the default to stay and then people that want to move can click "yes move me" or whatever.
The objective is move the active cities toward the center of the map, If somebody WANTS to stay put, perhaps two or three neighbors have a sweet trading arrangement, then they can opt out of moving.
At least with advanced inactives instead of just gold mines, I can collect full NH coins.
A brand new city works just as well. Your collections depend on the level of YOUR Main Hall, not the level of the city that you're visiting.
Your neighbors that you have worked so hard to get to might move.
If you're moved, then it's even more likely that your nearby neighbors will also be moving. Opting out would only make sense if there's a prior agreement with a few of your established, non-fellowship trading partners.

DeletedUser3312

Some people in my FS want to stay where they are as they have developed a good trading and visiting relationship with neighbors. I am still not sure of the benefit as they will be moving from the outside edges. Those are new players, ND they quit before they get started. So is there really a benefit. Moving by longest time played would be better in my opinion as those people are active and care about the game. Checking game start date and last log in time would be an easy method. Those are. The long haul committed players that support the game a nd care about it. I'm on winyandor and a couple of weeks I got over 100 new neighbors. In less than a week, I have 5 cities with MY in upgrade so they are worthless. As far as I can tell only 3 or 4 are playing. Most don't even have a workshop. Lol The rest are 1 day wonders. That is my fear of having a move from outside in. We will be saddled with dead cities.

DeletedUser61

That is my fear of having a move from outside in.
Let's assume for the moment that 90% of the new players only last for a day or so.

After a few cycles, the 10% + 10% + 10% starts to add up, and most of the newish players near the center of the map will be active folks who have decided to stick around.

This leaves us with the inactive "safe harbor" cities that are cluttering up the interior of the map, but it would be a straightforward programming task to flag those cities for movement into the Oort Cloud, by which I mean that the program would start looking for "vacancies" in Ring 40 or so, rather than starting with the center of the map. So the inactive "safe harbor" cities WOULD still be on the map, but out of sight is out of mind.

DeletedUser2380

Where is the Center of the Map? Im gonna write a few neighbors and see what they say, i have good ones in a couple of my worlds so im opting to stay if the good neighbors do. So true,good neighbors + good FS players =Excellent returns

DeletedUser637

There is somwhere in this forum info that city in the middle of the map is of player Leagail. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

DeletedUser3468

I had thought that the in game notice said that the moves were scheduled to start on the 10th which is today. I have noticed changes on 2 of the world maps that I've actually checked and it's a change for the positive. I still have my good neighbors who always help and have a lot of new neighbors who are already helping me! I don't know if this is a temporary move or not yet but so far on the 2 of 4 worlds that I play and have checked, it's looking good to me! :) No more barren wastelands of gold mines and abandoned 4 building cities! Yay!

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I moved in both Winyan and Khel--
- lost all of my good traders/buffers
-north 1/4 of Win and south 1/4 of Khel are gold mines now,
-rest looks fairly active
I just finished buffing everyone, and posted some 2 star same tier trades-- we'll see what happens in next 24h
EDIT: I should say, I only had 5 good trader/buffers before, so I have hopes that they're replacements will be just as good.

Last edited:

DeletedUser1349

Results of the move

My home world us4 ~ My locals rocked before. My new ones also rock, so this world was a wash. Combat province 4/8 complete still there.

My 2nd world us3 ~ My locals kinda sucked before. My new ones rock so this world was a great move. Combat province 5/8 complete still there.

No issues at all. As a suggestion to you all that I also gave to my two fellowships. This is the time to start training your new locals. Take the time, follow their directions so they pay it forward back to you! Make the great first impression! It DOES work!

TY Inno!

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Is the move finished? some of my fellows are asking because they are opted in, but didn't move. I know there needs to be an exact same boost space, so it's either that, or servers are being done in pieces/phases.
Also, has it been decided how frequently moves will happen? Every monday, monthly?

Status
Not open for further replies.