• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Player Movement is coming to US!!

Risen Malchiah

At the same time, going from having mostly gold mines around me to having a neighborhood of only active players might be awkward for me. I would actually hate having the guilt of needing to visit 100 neighbors every day unless they also changed the way we do visits (ie, 'visits' without actually loading the cities).

DeletedUser3696

I guess the devs have thick skin since this initiative has been almost a complete and utter fail. They also seem to not care how poorly they 'fixed' an issue.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I guess the devs have thick skin since this initiative has been almost a complete and utter fail. They also seem to not care how poorly they 'fixed' an issue.
It had/has so much potential, but it's like they built this beautiful archway, and for almost a year we've been telling them "You're gonna need a keystone at the top" and it falls on deaf ears.:(

DeletedUser3312

I still have gold mines.. today it was 71. this is in Winyandor. in beta, I never have gold mines. smiles.. a strange thing as i know there are a butt load of people that don't play anymore smiles.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I had a city move into my map with buildings deleted...
Same, months ago. Felyndral - GntlHrt. Level 19 main hall, level 19 barracks, Trader, Magic Academy and BH. At least the hall isn't under construction, so it can still be helped.

Buttrflwr

I was excited, for about 30 seconds, when I saw the gold mines. I thought...FINALLY, FINALLY they are going to do player movements again. WRONG. Sigh. Just more gold mines, and then MORE gold mines, and then....well, you get the idea. :(

DeletedUser6547

Sadly one suggestion I made is overlooked. They still readding quitters to the map. Redo the start up quests to make sure they will partake in map use before they get dumped on the main map. Using a sub map for new players can delete many deletion headaches on the main map. I can tell a quitter after -2 days if that city has not developed any. At least a sub map of a similar area with main map help possible for trades can let us load only players really willing to play. out of the 10-15 new I got I only see 2 or 3 that might play or return clicks. A really poor turn out imo

DeletedUser9600

My city was moved a few days ago. I had no idea what was happening. The only regret I have is that the one neighbour that I was active with is no longer in my discovered area. Also my other member of my fellowship is also not in my area...not that that is terribly important at this point; there are only the 2 of us. I am very excited about the help and also the trades I have been able to benefit from. So for me this have been a good thing. When the gold mines showed up there were only 4 cities remaining that I could visit.

DeletedUser9600

What does FS stand for? sorry for being dense but have been playing pretty much on my own.

SoggyShorts

What does FS stand for? sorry for being dense but have been playing pretty much on my own.
FS=Fellowship, this games version of a guild. FS members can chat,visit, and trade without penalty regardless of how far away they are on the map.

SoggyShorts

nomorecoins.png
All 72 coins spots are gone now. Fingers crossed that at least a couple players log in again to build a 4th building;)

DeletedUser9469

Having a much smaller map than some of the others, I also felt the pinch of the gold mines... I went from 2 to 5... Fortunately, it seems that they have all been repopulated. The big issue I have is that there is one city near me that the title is "Inactive" and all he has is a main hall and builder's hut... Yet he is still there. I give help just because I get coin in return but it would be great to have a neighbor here. There is also a city where I cannot deliver any help of any kind. I am uncertain if this player is active or not, but it is still a neighbor where no benefit can be gained.

DeletedUser6312

I have over 50 mines in my area. Trades are scarce. I'm collecting half the coins I was when there were cities there, even if they were dead. It sucks.

DeletedUser6547

One such deadbeat they added to my map area: alliecatisback. Open their city they left the hall open to click, very nice of them I suppose. a residence level 2 left in upgrade, going on 2+ days now. So this player has more than 1 account and has been on my map 2x now. Sure more accounts are allowed, but whats the sense of an account that is there like that just to fill? I bet 75% or more of this map is many such players who relogged old names and refilled our maps. Only got the 1 city to myself, no time for multiples on any other servers. Your not gonna fix a problem with a delete and hope you get new players if they just old players relogging in mass to refill for coins. Just shorten the maps like 5-10 lines from each side and cram us together with working cities. Look for upgrades and log ins on a weekly basis. Most FS ask for 3x a week log in so it should make that a simple task. Forget about the relic balance someone told me, just balance the city ratio to space proper so we all have fairer trades. I got trades from out of bounds yet I won't see until I clear at lest 2-4 more chapters, if they stay playing. I for one am losing interest, which means my money will also go to another game. Choice is up to you devs to rethink this crap mess the right way.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
For me, this move has been a godsend. I am in a very young fellowship (highest score just reached 40,000) and started playing in late March, joined my fellowship March 26th. Before I was moved, I had 2 active neighbors on the map and I had completed the 6th ring (meaning I had some discovered neighbors in the 7th ring). That's it: 2. When I opened the trader, I'd see anywhere from 0 pages of trades posted to 6 pages on a really good day. My FS fully understood my situation and everyone tried their best to help me even players with much younger cities than mine as time went on. When the gold mines appeared around me, I was cautiously optimistic that things would improve. While I hoped I would be moved, we talked in chat about the possible outcomes. One of those was they would move in brand new players as opposed to moving me. Everyone got a kick out of my idea of how to respond to that: Become a busy 'welcome committee' and try to make sure as many as possible stayed and played! Then, I got moved on July 17th. Opened the trader and there were 18 pages of trades...posted trades for steel (we were very low on steel in the FS, my boost is marble) and within an hour they were taken. By the end of that first day, I was able to tell FS members to start posting their trades for steel and I was picking them up. All trading was much improved, the steel is just the most glaring example of how much improvement there was. Then, I started getting visits. Went from struggling with culture usually at 100-125% to being at 150% most of the time and even hit 200% at times without building any new culture. When I won culture buildings in the event, I was able to replace old culture instead of trying to figure out how to keep it and add new. For the first time, I needed to dump supplies in wholesaler. Had already learned to dump coins into KP because I held off upgrading my MH to help with the culture/population balance. I am 8 days into this and absolutely love where I am on the map now.
I have only a moderate understanding of the negative issues with this movement. I get that if you don't get moved and they move cities considered 'active' by their definition that are not necessarily active players into the old dead city slots, that would stink. New player cities being placed would have a high chance of becoming a dead city. But for me, I am grateful.