• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Player Movement is coming to US!!

DeletedUser6335

I looked up SoggyShorts and Soggy - neither of which gave anything other than "player not found" on Arendyll.

On a whim I also tried to look you up on the 5 U.S. Servers @Ashrem - I only saw you on 2 of them (E and F).

Last edited by a moderator:

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Are you sure about this? I once created an Aryndyll account, and the option to sign in on that server went away after 30 days of not signing in.
I'm not sure of very much inthis game, but my friend has cities on Arendyll and Winandor that she hasn't visited since November or earlier that still come up in her log-in screen. One was her original city (where she completed the tutorial ) and the other she logged into by accident and never played at all.

DeletedUser3707

I looked up SoggyShorts and Soggy - neither of which gave anything other than "player not found" on Arendyll.

On a whim I also tried to look you up on the 5 U.S. Servers @Ashrem - I only saw you on 2 of them (E and F).

Hey Mara what's going on??

I have a question that never got answered. Try again.
In Felyndral, when I visit someone I get a goods little bonus. Now I am also in Arendyll and Winyandor and neither of them gives me this new little bonus. Anyone know why not???

Much apprecaited!

DeletedUser3707

@blueporchers the extra goods you are getting are from your Ancient wonder, the Crystal Lighthouse (elves) or The Bell Spire (humans). That is why you are getting them in one city and not in the other.:D

Sir Squirrel, thank you so very much!!!!! I've been asking around and people just are like duh. lol Finally an answer! I include you as one of my Forum Friends. Did you know? lol Didn't think so. There must be a new thread as no one has been posting here and I've been in the hospital and then without internet so just got here.

Thanks again!

Liang Yee

I think they should concentrate more on active players. The priority and focus should be on active players only. Inactive players should be relocated to a 'neighborhood of inactive players'. Their places should be replaced by active players who wish to be relocated for whatever reasons. There is no use of replacing inactive/dead cities with, just like what Maradoranderwyn has put it, more dead/abandoned cities! :D Almost 60% of the cities in my neighborhood in Winyandor are dead/abandoned cities. About 30% consists of cities with players who are not too active in the game (maybe log in once or twice a week). Only about the remaining 10 % are active players (who do visits and put up trades almost daily). Well, my point is it's very frustrating to live in a dead neighborhood. And the relocating system has to be corrected/improved so that it benefits all the active players of Elvenar ;)

AtaguS

Seems to me a lot of this stops being a problem if they can figure out a way to delete cities instead of just accounts. I know this has come up before, just still fuzzy on why it's a problem. I have dead cities out there that I can't get rid of and I feel terrible for the neighbors who are stuck with them!

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I know this has come up before, just still fuzzy on why it's a problem.
I can think of at least one.

Take someone like @Jackluyt who is an active player and contributes a lot (things like combat analysis and other videos). It happens that I have Jack as a neighbor in Felyndral. Jack is playing every day, but he is not playing that little city in Felyndral. That doesn't mean he doesn't use it. He might be logging in there every week to keep stats about how many players are participating in tournaments and how the top scorers compare across the servers. How are the devs supposed to decide that they should or shouldn't delete that city? If they do, they might just be forcing him to recreate it each time, until he gets irritated enough to just stop playing. Or he might just have created that account to look at one thing, and only logs into it by accident once a month, or less. They don't know what he's thinking, or if he cares about that city.

They might be able to overcome that by allowing us to observe information on other servers, and look up people without having a city, but that's a bunch more programming that is probably (for the moment) better used in other ways. An easier choice might be a settings check-mark "Flag my city for deletion if I don't log in monthly."

It's easy to tell when an account is inactive, but it's not so easy to tell when a city attached to an active account should be removed.

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
I agree it would be nice to have some more info as to why non active cities don't get deleted and why they are so reluctant to move them to the outskirts of the map to free up the middle for more active players. Seems like a no brainer to me!

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Seems to me a lot of this stops being a problem if they can figure out a way to delete cities instead of just accounts.
As far as I can tell they do. Look me up in F and A servers, my cities there have been deleted, and I'm still on K&W.

I think the confusion on this comes from players that have asked support to delete one of their cities, and support says they can't. This may be true, they either aren't allowed to or don't have the ability to do it on the spot. If you refrain from logging in for 30 days, have zero diamond buildings, and have an average level of deletable buildings under 5(4?) the city will get deleted in 30 days.
The only part I'm not sure about is if you buy diamonds it is possible that all of your cities become protected as they are shared across all of them.

DeletedUser6335

Surely they have some means of tracking activity - I mean heck, I can go try to do neighbor help and tell if a city hasn't been changed (or has been in upgrade lock down) for a week or more. You would think they could allow players to ask to have a city they have no intention of playing to be moved to a "holding area" on an extreme edge of the map or someplace at least not in the middle of an area where several active cities exist. Possibly adding a way to allow active players to report a suspected city so it could be checked would help too.

All I know is, it's tougher to get by in an area where 60% or more (usually more) of your discovered neighbors don't play at all and a good 10% to 20% do play but don't visit or do much trading. In a game where they set you up to require these neighbors being active and doing visits/trades you'd think they would have some way to *try* to ensure it happens.

AtaguS

How are the devs supposed to decide that they should or shouldn't delete that city?

Good points, but I wasn't thinking the developers would make those calls. I had written them before and asked them to delete the two cities I had no intention of returning to...One was made my accident and the other back when I was curious about what it was like to have more than 1 city at a time. Turns out it wasn't for me. But their reply was to simply say they didn't delete cities. So, ya...I wouldn't want someone just deleting my city without my permission - especially if I had invested any $ in diamonds. But as an option why can't we request our own cities go? It wouldn't solve the problem, but I know of 2 neighborhoods right now that would be thrilled to see my little cities disappear forever :)

As far as I can tell they do. Look me up in F and A servers, my cities there have been deleted, and I'm still on K&W.

I had discovered this was a possibility a while ago and so left the 2 cities alone since December...didn't even log into the world. But alas, they were still there when I returned a couple days ago. I had 93 neighborly help notifications, so I wasn't sure if the city remains "Active" if it is being visited.

Anyway, I did buy a diamond package on the world I am active on, and so perhaps they think if they leave the other two up I will eventually give in and start playing...perhaps they know something about me I don't...lol...no doubt they do, ha!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6335

I'll give you that deletion shouldn't be the first thing...but come one, in a game where people are expected to get help from their neighbors in order to reach/obtain needed things - they need to make arrangements to move those abandoned/dead/upgrade lock down cities out of active neighborhoods in a timely manner.

DeletedUser7738

I'll give you that deletion shouldn't be the first thing...but come one, in a game where people are expected to get help from their neighbors in order to reach/obtain needed things - they need to make arrangements to move those abandoned/dead/upgrade lock down cities out of active neighborhoods in a timely manner.
I agree with this. As I suggested in the Suggestion forum, place the upgrade-lock-down cities on some sort of timer to complete so that we can at least be able to and be rewarded for "Neighborly Help"'ing them. On Elcysandir "Paleface21321" is a good example of a non-FS city, with very few buildings, and a MH "stuck" in perpetual build mode.