• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Players Leaving?

sputnik9009

Leaving the game March 9.

I stared playing Elvenar March 1, 2017. So 7 years. Now, I'm joining the ranks of people leaving. It's not so much due to the changes in the gam., Don't look at that as being the motivating reason. They haven't affected me much. Well, the change to how tourney squad size and catering cost changed, but I got over that-ish. No, it's more that my city has become stagnant. I have more goods, spells, etc. then I need. For example, I have enough PPs to fill a portal 190 times or get 1.5 million spell frags from them. Event buildings don't really help me and if I like a building, I can simply trade out an existing one. My AWs are upgraded to what I want them to be. Doing more to them or adding new ones hurts tourney play. My city is large and full, so the last several times I've done a reorg, it's been painful. Plus, I only do that when a new chapter comes out - once a year. Then it takes less than 2 months to complete. I'm staying in my FS until March 9th after the tourney ends. During the week, I'll be passing on about 6 million normal goods to everyone in the FS. That's 6 million for every good, so 54 million for everyone. The sentient goods are much less. Only about 160k for each of the nine per person. See what I mean about having plenty of everything? Also, there is KP and shards to go. Though, filling AWs with KP won't help them upgrade, nor will the goods I get to them.

Overall, what I'll miss most is the people I've been playing with and being in the forum. They have been what has kept me in the game this last year or so.

Oh, the change to discord for info also made makes info harder to find/follow. But there are more cat pics than here. So, there's that.
i am sad you are leaving, as you have been very helpful to me with your advise and information about this game.
you are one of the pillars of Elvenar and especially this forum. thank you for your wisdom and insight. i love you and all the best to you!

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
I'm too late, but if you do see this I'm sad to see you go. I'm also understanding and wishing you the best in whichever new game you find and in life! :) Take care. You have been awesome and thank you for all of your help.

quin629

While some players do not play in the tourney at all, players who do participate even for 1 province would certainly be deemed 'active' players by Inno, and Inno publishes the # of players who participate each week in-game. Looking at just 4 of the US servers, in the last 10 weeks total tourney participation has dropped by 1461 players. I would assume most of those have left the game since none of the changes would immediately make doing the tourney less important.

Participation has dropped week over week almost across the board, even with the FA (when more players might be expected to participate in order to gain FA badges). If close to 1500 players have left in just 4 worlds, how many players has Inno lost in total following the changes in AW costs? How many more does Inno have to lose before they do a more significant walk-back??

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
We also must consider what happened 2 years ago, because that is how long it takes for developed cities to be removed. Perhaps that is when many folks returned to work, post lockdown.

Count Rupert

While some players do not play in the tourney at all, players who do participate even for 1 province would certainly be deemed 'active' players by Inno, and Inno publishes the # of players who participate each week in-game. Looking at just 4 of the US servers, in the last 10 weeks total tourney participation has dropped by 1461 players. I would assume most of those have left the game since none of the changes would immediately make doing the tourney less important.

Participation has dropped week over week almost across the board, even with the FA (when more players might be expected to participate in order to gain FA badges). If close to 1500 players have left in just 4 worlds, how many players has Inno lost in total following the changes in AW costs? How many more does Inno have to lose before they do a more significant walk-back??
Inno has a very low bar for who are considered "active" players. You're considered to be active unless you go two months or more without logging in. That's it. You can do absolutely nothing and just login to talk with friends and be considered active. ElvenStats uses a different formula because they don't have access to login information. They use changes in score as an indication one is active. We have a tendency as players to overrely on this information as it's not really that hard to have no change in your score for two weeks while actually being active but it's all we have. So we use it. It's hard to ascribe your numbers as being totally in response to the recent AW changes without having a baseline number from before the changes. The game has been shrinking for a number of years. My being located on the edge of the wilderness is a testament to that. I didn't suddenly wakeup after the AW changes to find 128 gold mines. They've been increasing for quite a long time. So there is a natural amount of shrinkage and are a part of those numbers you're indicating which when used to support all the players leaving because of the AW changes only serves to weaken the arguments against the recent AW changes as Inno knows how much standard shrinkage there is. For all the complaining about players leaving it's the arguments about there being insufficient access to the resources now required to level AWs that has seen some results.

Dukester69

Already had one long-time player leave, saying it was specifically because of the changes. Unless the costs of leveling up AWs are reduced and also accommodations or changes are made to things like FA badges, I think we will see many more. Long-time players will leave when the frags they have built up for many years are exhausted and they can't even give KP away any more. New players will leave because so much of the game will be out of reach - they can never catch up to players who had 15 or 20 high-level AWs prior to the nerf.

Lose-lose situation for Inno. And for us.
I'm personally almost there. I have multiple AWs sitting waiting to be upgraded. Just moved into Chapter 14. Now I am getting close of being in a grid lock. My population is low. I have 19 total magical buildings(residents/workshops). So, 19 weeks it will take to upgrade them all with only 1 RR a week from tourneys. Oh, wait.... I need to save RRs to level up 1 of my many AWs that are waiting. Frags? Even with my fellowship hitting 16-19 chests a week doesn't help. :(
Just think inno, I used to spend money here and there because I enjoyed playing the game and it was FAIR. Now, I haven't spent a dime since the upside-down changes that have been implemented, and I refuse to spend money just to get ahead. I fear I will become a statistic in the category. Which is once again sad, this game was so enjoyable at one time.

quin629

I wasn't talking about cities being removed from the world map; just Inno's posted counts each week of the # of participants in the tournaments. Given the long lag time for city removal, I'm not sure what else provides a good measure of more than socially active players. And while people are welcome to hang out and chat as social players only, I would guess that they are less likely to make $ in-game purchases. And that's the yardstick Inno is really trying to get at, isn't it?

TimeMachine

Today I've broken my personal record in counting gold mines, got exactly 100 of them now on the researched part of my world map.

This is how parts of my former active neighbourhood are looking like nowadays:
Yay! I was very happy that my main city had been moved to a more active neighbourhood. Not a single gold mine any more!

Silver Lady

I have 70, if I scout either south or east there will be more, been waiting for at least 6 months. Many more and I’ll have the whole place to myself.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I‘m beginning to think the bigger your city the longer it takes before you get moved.
I think you are right.

I currently have 122 gold mines, up from where I was a couple months ago. I'm debating whether I want to be moved or whether I like the gold mines ... easy ways to fulfill the quests I'm getting in chapter 19 (got a "visit 60 neighbors" quest earlier today, and boy those gold mines made it a breeze.)

Still, there are pros and cons to both.

Count Rupert

In my experience I found it's not so much the goldmines as what they represent. Aside from each goldmine representing a zero chance of getting neighborly help or trades, it also represents the large number cities moved in waiting to die or dying that I was going to have zero chance of getting neighborly help and trades as well. I currently have 314 cities in my neighborhood. Those 128 goldmines I had represented 41% of all my cities. There were times I'd have upwards of 20 cities listed in my neighborhood that were blank. Annoying because they indicated you could give them neighborly help, but when you clicked on the button to do so you got a message saying the city was gone and could no longer give it help and it would freeze the page. I figured roughly at least 2/3rds of the city locations in my neighborhood had no chance of providing any neighborly help or trades. And you have to figure most of the remaining cities were in a similar bind that I was. That has a big impact. What with the cap on the number of active trades and the problem of most of those that were active being unable to do trades the size I would have liked, there was no chance of my evening resources. The sweet spot for trades in my old neighborhood was 10k. Trying trades much larger than that meant the languished for days and days. It changed the way I could play. I had to focus more on event buildings that yielded my non-boosted resources since I couldn't reliably get them through trade.

While it's great to breeze through the goldmines, particularly using mobile, I NEVER want to go back. That benefit is not worth the negative effects that comes with that ease.

iamthouth

Tetris Master
Just did another tally, I'm at 141 goldmines, and 276 player neighbours, so 34%. Most in one row was 10 mines, I have scouted 27 rows north-south, and up to 21 wide. There are 5 other Ch21 players in my map area.
image_2024-04-27_200531039.png