• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Please Rate

JessMac

I think you are ready to submit your sugesstion! :)
It will need a very heavy rewrite!!!! BUT THANK YOU!!! Also for clarification do I need to include the suggestion of making all spell fragment options the highest percentage or do you think it would be ok to leave alone?

Dew Spinner

It will need a very heavy rewrite!!!! BUT THANK YOU!!! Also for clarification do I need to include the suggestion of making all spell fragment options the highest percentage or do you think it would be ok to leave alone?
I would add it, it gives the Devs more options to think about, I don't think it can hurt.

Dew Spinner

Let everyone know in this thread when you have it on the other thread so we can help push it through the stages.

JessMac

Let everyone know in this thread when you have it on the other thread so we can help push it through the stages.
It’s hard to keep track of who has replied where but I do currently have it in ideas and suggestions. I messed up as it was very first ever post on the forums and started there and moved here. So far I feel it is at a 50/50 with the masses. People keep believing I’m trying to get rid of spell fragments. I have tried several different rephrases but I am hitting a wall.

Dew Spinner

It’s hard to keep track of who has replied where but I do currently have it in ideas and suggestions. I messed up as it was very first ever post on the forums and started there and moved here. So far I feel it is at a 50/50 with the masses. People keep believing I’m trying to get rid of spell fragments. I have tried several different rephrases but I am hitting a wall.
Can you edit the original post in the Ideals and Suggestions thread? if so, you could also edit the title to say edited, so everyone would be able to take a fresh look. I think IF the devs are OK with the ideal of offering better prizes for the effort on the 3rd floor of Spire, they will figure out how to balance the Spell Fragment issue. Don't give up!

JessMac

Can you edit the original post in the Ideals and Suggestions thread? if so, you could also edit the title to say edited, so everyone would be able to take a fresh look. I think IF the devs are OK with the ideal of offering better prizes for the effort on the 3rd floor of Spire, they will figure out how to balance the Spell Fragment issue. Don't give up!
That is a good idea I will do that thank you!!! Also now that the spire has reopened I just figured out another concern. I’m not sure if the 3 5hr replacement will be accepted as they are given as rewards in the fellowship reward crystals (that’s what wiki calls them) the only FS reward that don’t offer them are the final gates leading into the next tier or end of spire. Do you think this would need to be changed? Since the goal is to generate more spire participation. People would overall gain more of these spells and not one placed on the third tier as well…. Also I very much appreciate your help and encouragement! It is a breath of fresh air!

Dew Spinner

That is a good idea I will do that thank you!!! Also now that the spire has reopened I just figured out another concern. I’m not sure if the 3 5hr replacement will be accepted as they are given as rewards in the fellowship reward crystals (that’s what wiki calls them) the only FS reward that don’t offer them are the final gates leading into the next tier or end of spire. Do you think this would need to be changed? Since the goal is to generate more spire participation. People would overall gain more of these spells and not one placed on the third tier as well…. Also I very much appreciate your help and encouragement! It is a breath of fresh air!
I am no expert but I would say a player can never have too many time boosters...they can be used on a lot of different things, troops, scouts, Spire gates, Tournament gates, building upgrades, MA, etc.. And seeing Heyla said the devs have the least problem with giving more time boosts, I think asking for them betters your chances. I was one of the original people who questioned the reduction of spell fragments but you seem to have revised and addressed that issue and like I said the devs would look at that issue and rebalance accordingly IF they are OK with upping the rewards for the 3rd floor of Spire.

Last edited:

JessMac

I am no expert but I would say a player can never have too many time boosters...they can be used on a lot of different things, troops, scouts, Spire gates, Tournament gates, building upgrades, MA, etc.. And seeing Heyla said the devs have the least problem with giving more time boosts, I think asking for them betters your chances. I was one of the original people who questioned the reduction of spell fragments but you seem to have revised and addressed that issue and like I said the devs would look at that issue and rebalance accordingly IF they are OK with upping the amount of time boosters.
I revised the title completely lol and the first post let me know what you think if you read it! <3

also she never technically said they would be ok with giving more lol. It was more her advising on me trying to use the teleport spell often. She said that’s why you see more time boosters than teleport spells. Which I did not properly explain In my previous post. But still kinda consider that to be similar with them (IF they agree on adding anything) being ok to adding more time boosters. If that makes any sense?

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
@JessMac
I would recommend listing ALL 48 chests with current and proposed changes.
Sample format:

Floor 1("GATEWAY"):
Chest #01
15% Supply windfall 20%​
3x CC 20%​
500 SF 60% (change to 1,000 SF)
Chest #02
stuff​
stuff​
stuff​
Chest #03
stuff​
stuff​
stuff​
Chest #04 (First Gate)
stuff​
stuff​
stuff​

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
In looking at this I, too, would order them, as 1 teleport, 2 5hr and 3 8hr. I might suggest, as others have, that if the devs want to reduce them a bit to 2 teleport, 2 5hr and 2 hr 8hr so they are "weaker" than the mystery chests, that would seem reasonable.

In the end, it seems to me, that it's the amount of impact the changes would have that counts. To those in need of SF there would be no change overall in receiving SF. However, if the gates give out these three items then players will have more of these three items. In fact, all players who do the third tier would. But I don't know how strong the overall impact will be because I don't know how many players go to the top of the Spire or even do part of the third floor. I suspect, and it's only a hunch, the impact would be minimal overall. And thus, there is hope they will do it for us? (Let's be optimistic as it doesn't hurt and makes dreamers of us all).

In summary, if they have to reduce the amounts of each replacement item put into the gate chest to keep things more in balance, that would seem reasonable.

AJ

JessMac

@JessMac
I would recommend listing ALL 48 chests with current and proposed changes.
Sample format:

Floor 1("GATEWAY"):
Chest #01
15% Supply windfall 20%​
3x CC 20%​
Chest #02
stuff​
stuff​
stuff​
Chest #03
stuff​
stuff​
stuff​
Chest #04 (First Gate)
stuff​
stuff​
stuff​
Can do! Do you know where I could get a list of all 48 chests?

JessMac

In looking at this I, too, would order them, as 1 teleport, 2 5hr and 3 8hr. I might suggest, as others have, that if the devs want to reduce them a bit to 2 teleport, 2 5hr and 2 hr 8hr so they are "weaker" than the mystery chests, that would seem reasonable.

In the end, it seems to me, that it's the amount of impact the changes would have that counts. To those in need of SF there would be no change overall in receiving SF. However, if the gates give out these three items then players will have more of these three items. In fact, all players who do the third tier would. But I don't know how strong the overall impact will be because I don't know how many players go to the top of the Spire or even do part of the third floor. I suspect, and it's only a hunch, the impact would be minimal overall. And thus, there is hope they will do it for us? (Let's be optimistic as it doesn't hurt and makes dreamers of us all).

In summary, if they have to reduce the amounts of each replacement item put into the gate chest to keep things more in balance, that would seem reasonable.

AJ
So the teleport reward would only be 1 (possibly a creation of a 2 teleport reward but I’m also not wanting the final revision to sound like I’m asking for the world) to be less than the mystery chests. But I don’t think I thought about the time boosters needing to be less than the mystery chests as well. Very valid point. But they would have to be reduced down to 2 5hrs and just 1 8hr.

JessMac

THIS IS A ROUGH DRAFT OF MY SUGGESTION CHANGE!!!! Please keep in mind they will only make changes that stay in line with their overall viewpoint and this form is already pushing that idea. Since they believe the best rewards should have the lowest %. Rewards were placed by a mixture of reasonings.
3 5hr 60%. ———-> highest rated #1, highest percentage ( even though it’s a first gate plz keep in mind it is also on the third tier)
3 CC 20%
15% Supply windfall 20%

2 hour 25%
5 hour 35%
2 8hr 40% ——> this was the hardest gate as I originally wanted to add the teleport here. But was advised from the whispers above that teleports have to be rare. So it was either get rid of Tele. Or place a third time boosters here. But it sounds like everyone likes time so hope this is fine. Please note I could not add the 3 5 hrs here as there is already one of those here and that would be weird

15% Coin Rain 20%
Teleport (possibly2)20% ——> while this is one of the highest gates it also has the lowest %. So to keep INNO happy and still be able to get this on this level outside of mystery chests. We have to compromise.
3 1hr 60%

1x8hr + 1x5hr + 5x1hr 10%——> this was the only gate I hade to switch % hoping to appease INNO and the masses. The amount of time actually earned is worthy of a gate 4 prize. But hoping INNO will be happy with the 10% chance so we could possibly get this implemented. Take in mind the amount of coding a package like this would require.
20 Diamonds 30%
20% Coin Rain 55%
Artifact 5%
(Will also be ok with just moving SF and not replacing with anything.)

Overall I think this works because the first two gates are for the people. The last two gates while they are prizes we would like, have the percentages I think INNO would be ok with. And overall it hopefully appeases the majority of people. Spell fragment amounts don’t change. Rewards for gates on level three are now better prizes and worth either time or the resources to achieve. I believe this change will encourage more spire participation. But also make the people that climb regularly very happy!

As always I’m open to suggestions. Please remember INNO needs to keep their lights on. So don’t offer suggestions such as diamonds. (And after a total review of everything portal profits are super abundant. Artifacts will not change. Coding takes time and money.) I have thought long and hard on other prizes and decided to stick with ALMOST what is already offered as a gate prize. The last two revamps are the exception. Rewards have to be better than normal gaye rewards already offered or equal too. But should be less than mystery boxes. Happy gaming y’all!

@SoggyShorts @ajqtrz the 4th gate will need revision. But that’s why I started this post. :)

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I have also ask Helya in case you don’t find anything. Since she was who gave me the list for the current spire gates. As soon as either of y’all reply back I will get it revised and posted.
It ain't pretty, but here:

If you can, please leave the original intact with changes beside like this
Chest #01​
15% Supply windfall 20%​
3x CC 20%​
Rather than overwriting so it's easy to compare.

JessMac

It ain't pretty, but here:

If you can, please leave the original intact with changes beside like this
Chest #01​
15% Supply windfall 20%​
3x CC 20%​
Rather than overwriting so it's easy to compare.
Thank you so much! I can for sure do it that way! Thank you for the help! I appreciate it! I will need a day to do this as I need to he on a computer.

JessMac

Thank you so much! I can for sure do it that way! Thank you for the help! I appreciate it! I will need a day to do this as I need to he on a computer.
Also Helya gave me an easier one to use but the post itself is help as well! Looks like changed the spire right as I was starting. Was wondering when I was going to get additional library buildings but then y’all started talking about it not being possible so that does suck.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I have to admit, I'm desperately in need of spell frags. In my only city I am down to about 4K, and that's after disenchanting two low level magic workshops today, so for me, spell frags don't hurt my feelings at all.

JessMac

I have to admit, I'm desperately in need of spell frags. In my only city I am down to about 4K, and that's after disenchanting two low level magic workshops today, so for me, spell frags don't hurt my feelings at all.
I plan on only reallocating them. No removal :) hoping once I do the full list this will help clear that part up. It also hasn’t helped that I’ve revised my original thought on this matter like a million times lol!! I will tag you in the post when I get it out together. I’m hoping for late tomorrow. As I have to unfortunately go back to work tomorrow. Lol I’d rather be trolling my two posts all day haha.