• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Feedback Quick and Dirty Summary of Ancient Wonder Changes

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
Very soon we will all have EVERY SINGLE AW ready to upgrade, with no possibility of actually doing so.
Inno is out of their freaking minds!!
I need 30,000 SF for each level of the AW's I have ready to upgrade right now.
What does Inno expect us to do?
The game is screwed. May as well leave now.
We have already lost Fellowship members.
Agreed. We will get used to the aw value changes in time, and debate over better/worse stuff... but the upgrade cost change was horrible. Plain and simple. The took already limited and stretched crafting resources and expanded the need for frag with the cauldron. Now they are expanding the need again with the aw bs. With no way to obtain any more resources. Its horrible planning and/or execution. - It also screws over new and younger cities massively.

I am in the same position. I have 9 aw placed. 8 are now ready for upgrade with the new system. That cost will be astronomical. Its bs even if it was jsut one or two aw's because the resources shouldnt have been changed like this. But to change them in bulk makes the bs cost astronomical.

It would cost me 221,000 frags, 221 catalysts, 230 royals restorations to upgrade 8 of the 9 aw's. Thats about 75% of my full inventory of frags and catalysts. And that with doing the full spire every week and the magic acadamey doing catalysts 24/7 for the last year or two.
75% of my inventory... for 8 single level upgrades. That would leave me with maybe 2-3 upgrades worth left before i was 100% empty on resources. Then no aw upgrades, no crafting, no boost to cauldron (granted, i already cant afford to do that and skip it)...
And i have a natural inclination to stock pile resources, plus i am lucky enough to be apart of a 10 chest fs and do full spire every week. Even with all that going for me... id still be screwed quickly.
In fact... since i am apart of a 10chest fs, iv accumulated a lot of aw kp instants. While i could deplete my cc and frag resources around 75% with those 8 upgrades, today, ... With the use of those kp instants, I could very easily use up 100% of the resources that iv been building up for years... in a single day because of this change. I would like to repeat that because it sounds mildly important... I could use 100% of resources stockpile for years... in a single day, on aw upgrade alone. Which then leave me with no upgrades, no crafting, limited cauldron. SO this change literately makes it harder to impossible to play the actual game/utilize game features. If thats not the definition of FAILURE, then i dont know what is.. .

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
I sure hope you are right! This is what I've said in the game...give it time and let's see what happens. It's hard to have that mindset when looking at those changes. I feel fortunate that my cities didn't drop much.
Although, I feel sad for the new players. I don't know how Inno thinks they will be getting any. As soon as they learn they can't upgrade they will be gone. It's so sad! Inno doing this trying to get more $ but they have been chasing off the beginning players. We have taken on a few to help them get a start but now...I don't think we can help the new players with this change.
I have been playing since Aug 2015, so I'll still be around for a while. I've just never been in a hurry. Slowly made it to chapter 18 and looking at it...it looks like this is where I'll die.
I agree. I used to not mind taking new players because they are the easiest to recruit. Nobody is fighting you for them. Then you can mold them early and set them free. After the Ch 1-5 changes, this investment in time and hand holding has been less and less fruitful. They get too far ahead into chapters without learning the basics and no amounts of warning will hit home until it’s too late bc what you warn them about, they can’t experience yet. There isn’t a whole lot going on in chap 1-5 that shows they can’t keep doing what they are doing. Then a lot of them just quit when they hit Spire and Settlements. You used to be able to get players on track for full Spire at chapter 3. Now it’s a hot mess, even for veterans starting new cities. Then they doubled down and require spell frags and CCs for wonders so Spire is even more critical but new players are not set up well for it. With all the other headaches the game has brought, babysitting newbies is now very low on how I want to spend my free time.
Death warmed over. I suspect I will lose several players from my fellowship. I fear that the changes are about winding down development and increasing the monetization. The game is now harder and slower. Perhaps they intend to sell. Adding ad revenue, and slowing down new chapters all make the site appear more valuable making a higher sale price today than it might be later. The changes that improve profitablity may lose the long term player advocates that grow and support the game's growth.
I feel like if I played the soundtrack backwards, I will hear a secret, embedded message saying, “We are bleeding money!” I have been trying other games now to prepare for the inevitable. That only exposes me to games that appear to be rolling in the dough. They give away exclusive currency left and right, knowing this won’t hurt their bottom line at all. Server down for upgrade? Sorry for the inconvenience, but here are diamonds. Didn’t spend your event currency before the event was over? We converted it all to diamonds for you. On the other end of the spectrum, apparently Inno’s now even putting limits on your supposed one time undo if you accidentally delete something. I mean they try to sell you fully evolved building for $80. So if you accidentally delete it, you have 10 days to figure out where it went to realize it’s gone. Cities are jammed packed with stuff. Without the introduction of flat view to browser, it’s hard to see some tiles that are blocked by tall building’s graphics. If I accidentally delete something, there is a high chance I might not notice in the first few days.

Cleo7311

Spell frags also come from disenchanting spells or summonings. If it is a useless Event building - then disenchant for 2000 frags - same for it's boost spells. For all culture buildings - you now have a choice - disenchant for frags or build and then sell - selling culture buildings now give either Catalysts or Restorations - in a few cases. All those expiring items, the little 1x1s or combat boosters should be built, used up, then sold for CC or even 2 RR (elven armorers).

BrinDarby

I would like to repeat that because it sounds mildly important... I could use 100% of resources stockpile for years... in a single day, on aw upgrade alone.
Watching the chgs since last March, I already had the impression
that the new mgmt team ask'd for a game wide inventory. They
decided that tackling residual buildup was important, because
as they see it, everyone just has too much of everything. Having
an approach of frustration, if ppl have a buildup, then that won't
work.

Well, look @ the outcome of the AW chgs. Not only are things
... never designed for certain things, being used now for those
things... but almost instantly they have BROKEN a major part
of the game. It will effect so many things down the line in a
negative way that even Inno didn't think of. Forcing mgmt into
another round of changes...............

The new mgmt team shouldda just took the bones of Elvenar
and create Elvenar 2, because by the time they are done.....
what Elvenar was, even a year or 2 ago, will be gone and we
will have a defacto Elvenar 2.

This isn't just a dumpster fire , or a trainwreck.... its a full on
global-thermo-nuclear-war against the exsisting playerbase.

I for one say this : Shall we play a game ? If the plyerbase
reciprocates in kind..... Elvenar will emplode and whatever
they paid to buy Elvenar will go down the tubes.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
They
decided that tackling residual buildup was important, because
as they see it, everyone just has too much of everything.
its one thing if the players can get a huge stockpile of goods in a week or two that can last forever...
But i took the time, a good 2 years intensionally, plus what i did casually before that, to creat this stockpile. That was a lot of time and work i put into that. Just to make sure, i would never have to worry about zeroing out. Then in one move they change the system to where id have to use every bit of 2+ years work, and zero out, just to meet there new requirements on day 1. And then be screwed over in the future because i cant upgrade more aw's, or craft, or part of the cauldron... thats just BS. No sugar coating that. A big middle finger to the player base that stayed here for a long time working on there cities. As well as an impossible situation for new/smaller cities.

I can deal with aw changes as the game grows. But this.. thats to far. Pure bs with no redeeming qualities about it.

BrinDarby

But i took the time
I spent 5 years setting up things like you did.
I may only be CH6, but I'm in the same boat,
and I'm starting from scratch. I did have a plan,
not now.... My newest city, also CH6, is hosed
10 ways to Sunday.

As you said, buff changes can be mitigated,
but the cost chgs are too far. It already has
"broke" a few ppl, and will "brake" basic
game functions.

Its already been ask'd, what happens when
everyone's AWs are max'd but not upgradeable.
"Donate 20 AWKP to a AW" becomes an
impossible task, and thats just 1 consequence
of all of this, there are 4-6 more I can think of.
Gone are the days of threads like "which AWKP
chain is the best". Its no longer, which AW to place,
its can I even afford to place it.

The ave 10 chest FS, gets players 1 BP and 4 RRs/week.
Your ave CH 7 player needs 200 RRs to go up 1 CH, so
I feel sry for CH21 players there. This means there is no
and never has been a buildup of BPs/RRs. They gave us
2 ways to convert SFs to CCs because 3 years ago we
suffered thru the "do we or don't we have too many SFs".

-- shakes head --

Astram

Forum Moderator
Elvenar Team
Wrong, the forced migration is the problem.
Actually, you are correct back the weeks after the Migration, but in the time since you made the choice to not upgrade your Main Hall and now you see the consequences of that choice.

This is no different than a player not Scouting during the chapter and Finally getting to the last Tech and is stuck and cannot complete the Advanced Scouts to open the next chapter until they scout and complete 25 Provinces.

Or even a Parked City in CH 16 that will at some point scout all the Very Easy, Easy, and Medium Provinces.

Both are individual actions that a player makes.

Last edited:

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
Its already been ask'd, what happens when
everyone's AWs are max'd but not upgradeable.
"Donate 20 AWKP to a AW" becomes an
impossible task, and thats just 1 consequence
of all of this,
Very valid point. Im finishing up the last kp in one of my aw right now. That leave both me and my second city with one single aw that can have pt put into it... this could be a big problem.

The other part about the change of costs that bother me, the more i thought about it... was they already had a system to do this in place. They could have expanded and used that and wede be fine. - I have several lvl 30 aw's that i put a lot of time and work in to. But i had to leave them at 30 because the upgrade costs (of old) were goods from a chapter im not at yet. So i could never upgrade to 31. - If innos so dead set about limiting the pase of our aw production, they could have expanded that a bit. That way aw could only reach a max of a certain lvl in certain chapters. Much like how normal buildings do. Granted, it would be a little annoying setting a new aw if your well past those chapters. But it can still be done and dealt with. Little annoying, but doable. - Where as this current change they went with is just unbearable and idiotic. - They could have found a way to do this with out screwing everyone over. - Right now i honestly dont know how im going to progress. If i cant have or get enough resources to upgrade aw's.. then that will kill nearly all my city plans and ideas. And if i cant upgrade aw, (or do upgrade, zero out, then cant upgrade aw, craft, or part cauldron), cant do city planning well without aw, cant do combat well without aw... wtf is left to do in this game? The more i think this out, the worst it gets...

Myne

Oh Wise One
Please take part in the protest. The only way to truly let them know how we feel is to not be here for a period. They don't seem to listen to anything else.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Please take part in the protest. The only way to truly let them know how we feel is to not be here for a period. They don't seem to listen to anything else.
Honestly that won't do a thing. These things have been tried many times and have no impact.

Better response would be to max out the research of lots of wonders so the statistics go out of whack. Help out your small neighbours so they complain they cant upgrade the wonders. That sort of thing is more likely to be visible.

BrinDarby

what choices, I have no land to build more.
the only optimization I did was to cure a culture
problem. I don't have the choice your thinking of
and deflecting this onto me is wrong.

Seriously, do you even play this game ?

Astram

Forum Moderator
Elvenar Team
Seriously, do you even play this game ?
I don't need to play the game to know you have the ability to place the expansions you have and thereby solve the space issue and your Main Hall problem.
You have the fishing rod, proper line, hooks, and bait but refuse to fish, but will complain about the cost of food to buy. Sorry but this is your doing and you have the tools to fix it.

MichaelMichael

Day and Night Trader
"Hello dear humans and elves,
Please use the Discussion topic about the AW changes to discuss them. It's easier on everyone if we don't create different threads to discuss the same things. For this reason, I will lock this thread, but please feel free to discuss this topic as we are always collecting feedback." by Solaris

I would have quoted Solaris with the site tools, but by ending the thread entitled This update is the worst means he can't be quoted.

The thread got negative and had a title that reflected badly on Inno. The powers decided to end it. This is their sandbox so the can (and do) censor to the extent that they can without violating their own rules of use. They directed our discussion thread here so here it will be. Anyone else agree with title and the thread that considered that this last update is bad.

The final posting were conjecturing on the new monetization strategy, potential for sale and/or reduced support as the changes may indicate Inno may be bleeding cash under the general subject of what this last update means for the future of Elvenar. I am a player and I will continue to play but I am worried that new players maybe lost as the changes make the transition after chapter 5 much harsher and the need for spire and tourney participation hits much harder for those players. It also ensures that elite players with many advanced AWs have a near insurmountable lead on others with the new rules. My worry is more whether I can continue to attract and retain new recruits into my fellowship and whether these changes will shrink rather than grow players. If it shrinks, this game is over.

Overall, I am sad that my favorite game may end with a whimper. It is also possible that I just missed the warning signs. I hope for the best, but apparently discussing the worst is not what Inno wants to be stated in their sandbox. I don't consider that a good sign.

Last edited:

Astram

Forum Moderator
Elvenar Team
"Hello dear humans and elves,
Please use the Discussion topic about the AW changes to discuss them. It's easier on everyone if we don't create different threads to discuss the same things. For this reason, I will lock this thread, but please feel free to discuss this topic as we are always collecting feedback." by Solaris

I would have quoted Solaris with the site tools, but by ending the thread entitled "this last update was the WORST" means he can't be quoted.

The thread got negative and had a title that reflected badly on Inno so the powers that be ended it. This is their sandbox so the can censor at will.
No, All comments on Discord and the Forums are being nicely asked to post in the existing thread that was provided. Just because it is negative is not why it was locked, but to consolidate the feedback into one location for data collection.

MichaelMichael

Day and Night Trader
No, All comments on Discord and the Forums are being nicely asked to post in the existing thread that was provided. Just because it is negative is not why it was locked, but to consolidate the feedback into one location for data collection.

I actual posted on both threads - this one is about what changes were made. The other was how the changes impacted the game overall. SImilar but very different subjects. I also started writing "a Strategy Guide" considering the new rules. I thought to post it in a new thread. Now I am concerned it will be consolidated if I start it. I also see that as a separate subject from what changes occurred. This last update was a major change. Pretending that it is just another update is misguided IMO. ... but as I said, it is not my sandbox. You make the rules.