• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Feedback Quick and Dirty Summary of Ancient Wonder Changes

TimeMachine

Elvenar succeeded ... by attracting a broad demographic
of people, offering many playstyles, keeping the game
pretty darn simple, being non confrontational ( not PvP ),
and based on cooperation not competition. Elvenar seems
to now be failing by going against its core strengths, along
with eroding the trust of its playerbase in Inno's vision.
Agreed and maybe that could be why I got in trouble with Team DE and got fired.

This game has seemed very fair to me for the last 2 1/2 years. I don't want to whistleblow again because I really want to continue using the US forum. Let's just say I saw it coming and didn't want it to happen.

But at the end of the day, we're all just guests here and @InnoGames writes the rules we have to accept if we want to stay.

I don't know, but was it really worth losing so many humans and elves just in the hope of finding new "beginners" who would stay in the game and maybe spend money one day?
I see a lot of abandoned small towns on my world maps and wonder if @InnoGames' plans are working.

I'm afraid that these new changes might not generate the desired sales volume, so maybe they would think about "destroying" Elvenar a little bit more instead of taking a step back. Could end in a vicious circle, I guess.
Its also illogical
to claim you are fostering progression, yet on the gound....
the opposite is occurring.
Yes of course! And again a matter of communication and trust between players and @InnoGames.
I guess it would be better if they would be a little more informal and they sholud call a spade a spade.
Lot's of people felt nearly insulted as there was the word improvement to read in that announcement of the wonder-changes.
Could have been made way better I guess!
Elvenar is no longer "Fun to play" its a J.O.B,
I fear that you are not the only one feeling like this. Thinking of my fellows who left the game, I've heard similar things and much more often they said that it had become too time-consuming. I guess it could be important to underline this once more!

Last edited:

TimeMachine

nitially when the AW uproar was in full swing
those stats swell'd to 700-900 total Visitors
for more than a few hrs a day, now we're back to
this...... ok there is more than 7 of us here, but sure
feels like the bulk of the comments come from an
increasingly smaller group of posters.
Although I am not allowed to use old german forum anymore, I would say that it was and is exactly the same over here.
1707360769137.png

Edit: screenshot was taken on January the 30st

Rowdiesaurus

I think no new players will look at my posts in the new fellows wanted section, because no new players know about this place, and sadly I cannot use discord, and have no idea how to find 6 players. it's a downward spiral for everyone, inno, this forum, my fellowship, my city.

TimeMachine

I think no new players will look at my posts in the new fellows wanted section, because no new players know about this place
You are definetley right, so if you want to find new fellows for your fellowship you'll have to get a Discord-Account.
Otherwise you are mostly out of community like I am - I cannot use Elvenar-Discord-Server too.

As an Archmage I had to ask my fellows if anybody is on Discord - Luckily one of my Ambassadors can post for me, when we are seeking for new fellows, like nearly every fellowship at the moment. So she is my Discord-Minister now. ;)

I guess this could have been the main reason to switch to Discord, not being obligated to them old forum and ban rules.
Just being able to ban somebody forever in one step without an explanation and everything is only viewed to those that are allowed to see it.
A forum behind closed doors speaks for itself I guess.

Completely new humans and elves mostly don't even know that this forum here ever existed and still exists.
Thats what's missing too! Some new players who ask questions, this was very often very interesting and invigorating for the whole community I guess..

I really don't understand why @InnoGames is prefering to use only Discord while having their own forums.
To me it all feels like stepping backwards.

Last edited:

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
I think no new players will look at my posts in the new fellows wanted section, because no new players know about this place, and sadly I cannot use discord, and have no idea how to find 6 players. it's a downward spiral for everyone, inno, this forum, my fellowship, my city.
Sadly, there has never been a good spot for this. Ever. Which is really odd considering how important it can be.; Also considering the forums have a section for it and most third party sites have a section for it. But as much as its needed, its never used. Its a weird paradox. But its not new.
I always thought the game should have a built in feature for it. Even if its something as simple as a check box. Every player can have a check box, checked means they are looking for a new fs, uncheck means they arnt. And they can add a tab in players section that jsut has a list of all players seeking fs. Then they can do the same for fs's for them seeking players. Not saying its 'the best' idea, but it seems like a more simple one to implement that would work. But i still dont see them ever doing that.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
/sigh... Should be a happy moment, instead im just angry. Another step down the downward spiral road of this game... All of my aw's are now full and ready for upgrade. None left to place the kp in. And the limited supply of upgrade materials will now have to start being depleted. There is simply not enough supply of them to keep up with upgrades alone, much less upgrades, crafting, cauldron, etc. So tonight i use the first bath to upgrade an aw so i can at least use my kp and complete the 'donate kp' quests. But its only a matter of time until i hit zero materials. Then im locked out of aw's, crafting, tourney, spire... basically... the whole game. Im trying to stretch it out as long as i can, but it will crash with the system as it is. And i see no point in staying here once it does. So the only variable left is time.... /sigh

AussieChick

View attachment 16883

its 7:30p mst , primetime USA

Initially when the AW uproar was in full swing
those stats swell'd to 700-900 total Visitors
for more than a few hrs a day, now we're back to
this...... ok there is more than 7 of us here, but sure
feels like the bulk of the comments come from an
increasingly smaller group of posters.
Yes, and that's what Inno is hoping, that the forum dies a very quiet death.

getmomo

I just don't understand why they can't have a link to discord and the forum. The fact that they don't proves that inno wants the forum to fail, but didn't shut it down right away so they can say we wanted to keep the forum but nobody was using it so we shut it down. It really sucks. Discord has way too much traffic to work well and now since it is almost impossible to find the forum has way to little traffic to work well.

Fayeanne

I have to admit I was amused. I don't know if this was changed recently, but the quest at the end of the Elvenar chapter (the quest to research their Ancient Wonders technology) rewards you with 1 RR. You need 5 just to place either of the Wonders that the technology unlocks. :p

Also:
I was looking back through this thread, and how come the actual "Quick and Dirty Summary of Ancient Wonder Changes"...starts on page 2? Shouldn't that be the first post?

BrinDarby

I was looking back through this thread, and how come the actual "Quick and Dirty Summary of Ancient Wonder Changes"...starts on page 2? Shouldn't that be the first post?
When the other threads were lock'd some content was
moved over here in a haphazzard way. That is why the
1st post showing now, wasn't the start of this thread.

Dukester69

/sigh... Should be a happy moment, instead im just angry. Another step down the downward spiral road of this game... All of my aw's are now full and ready for upgrade. None left to place the kp in. And the limited supply of upgrade materials will now have to start being depleted. There is simply not enough supply of them to keep up with upgrades alone, much less upgrades, crafting, cauldron, etc. So tonight i use the first bath to upgrade an aw so i can at least use my kp and complete the 'donate kp' quests. But its only a matter of time until i hit zero materials. Then im locked out of aw's, crafting, tourney, spire... basically... the whole game. Im trying to stretch it out as long as i can, but it will crash with the system as it is. And i see no point in staying here once it does. So the only variable left is time.... /sigh
Exactly what I was predicting for my city when this changed happened. My Sanctuary alone has been sitting waiting to upgrade to level 31 since the change (31k frags 31 CCs / 35 RRs), REALLY, who can afford that. AWs backing up now because of the same reason. And I refuse to spend money because inno is trying to force you to open your wallet. I would spend some money here and there in the past. But after this change, I will not spend a dime. Just a matter of time before my city will be shut down permanently. Which is sad, all because of greed. :(

AussieChick

Join Elvenar players' group: 'Platinum Leaf' and ask for players.
So many people are leaving that eventually many Fellowships will disband as people move into others to fill numbers to 25.

Dhurrin

All the wonders which cut decay (Maze, Sunset Towers, Sima ect..) used to max out at a 2% decay rate at level 30. They all now max out at 1% decay rate at L35. So if you have these at L35, your decay rate just got cut in half.

All the wonders that give damage bonuses to troops (Needles, Dragon Abbey ect...) used to max out at a 40% damage bonus at L30. They now max out at a 50% damage bonus at L35.

Except that a lot of players never brought those AWs up over lvl 30, for the simple reason that those last levels had only 1 of the 2 effects increase, while all of the negative impact on the Spire was there.
It's great those effects now have been extended into the lvls 31-35. Except the fact that the price in spellfrags is pretty bloody steep.

BrinDarby

The 1st (2) AWs don't take RRs to build, so one
of them can always be used for Donate tasks,
then thrown away, just as ppl build special bldgs
for ohh say a FA. Plus, if you look at how many
abandoned cities there are with open AWs to
donate to, there will be ways to do donate tasks,
just not very much increase to one's own AWs.
Sure there is a logical end once even those cities
are filled up, and thats when you revert to using
1 AW just for tasks, and then rinse/repeat.

Sad, thats what its come too........

TimeMachine

In search of aditional ways to generate spell fragments I even pulled out Juul's Traveling Kitchen in my Chapter 17-City again.

While seeking for a spot to place, I found out that to me Juul's and the Phoenix Anatomist are visually matching each other very well.

1707610659998.png

Now I am hoping for good neighborhood assistance between them two and that Mama Juul will be able to create some nice potions of scrambled phoenix eggs for my citizens and maybe some spell fragments for me too. ;)