• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Ranking increases

Matrickz

Finished ch 20 so right now the only things to work on are better paths and moving up in ranks. Looking at my city I have 1 res and. 4 WS to level. After that all I see are adding armories so any ideas are welcome on what to do until ch comes out whenever that is

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
The only things I can think of are things you already know, such as AW advancement (selectively, of course.) Btw congrats on completing chapter 20! I'm parked in 18 for quite a while, so I'm nowhere near you. :)

free-spirit

I mostly work on AWs and rearrange my city to make it more efficient when waiting for the next chapter. I don't particularly enjoy the Guest races - I'm much happier working on the tourney, spire and AWs and hanging out with my FS.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
I mostly work on AWs and rearrange my city to make it more efficient when waiting for the next chapter. I don't particularly enjoy the Guest races - I'm much happier working on the tourney, spire and AWs and hanging out with my FS.
Hey, wait a minute...you can't be dishing out free tips! I'm supposed to get 50% royalty on Don't Judge Me: The free-spirit Handbook to #1 Greatness, Sometimes #2! You signed on the dotted line!

crackie

Or is it?
Depends. Am I the publisher or the ghost writer of this soon to be #1 Bestseller?

@Matrickz I am nowhere near #1 in rankings, but I, unfortunately, occupy the spot of the smallest city in a fellowship of giants, with many fellows frolicking in the realms of Top 10 greatness. From my front row seats watching them jostle each other for #1 greatness, this is what I have learned...

First, they're all like, "I have a katribijillion runes. Oh look, she's still working on her GA. Haha, how cute!" Then after they waterboard you with a rune waterfall, you'll find yourself saddled with a KP debt in the -4000s. And that's how they get you! You see, it takes *them* a whole damn village to obtain #1 Greatness and *you* need to hold down 5 jobs to pay off your wonder KP debt since you only have like 5 tourney provinces to play with each week. Now you have to squire for them while they rake in 10k+ points in tourney, get their coffee, ghostwrite their handbook for them, be their marketing department, and act as their publicist, managing and running their PR campaigns for them too. And that, my friend, is how they can afford to be

hanging out doing nothing

They have little peon chapter 4 indentured servants trying to pay off exorbitant KP debts! You think they take time between doing all the nothing in the world to answer their mountains of fan mail? Of course not, because the intern has to do it!

P.S. Weirdlings is recruiting. They're looking for someone with a score lower than 30k so I don't have to be at the bottom of the totem pole anymore. What's that? Oh, nevermind. Looks like they're reviewing who screwed up to let me in instead...

Edit: Oh noes…you’re now the boss!

Last edited:

Zoof

First, they're all like, "I have a katribijillion runes. Oh look, she's still working on her GA. Haha, how cute!" Then after they waterboard you with a rune waterfall, you'll find yourself saddled with a KP debt in the -4000s. And that's how they get you! You see, it takes *them* a whole damn village to obtain #1 Greatness and *you* need to hold down 5 jobs to pay off your wonder KP debt since you only have like 5 tourney provinces to play with each week. Now you have to squire for them while they rake in 10k+ points in tourney, get their coffee, ghostwrite their handbook for them, be their marketing department, and act as their publicist, managing and running their PR campaigns for them too. And that, my friend, is how they can afford to be
The key, I've found, to avoiding crippling medical debt KP debt is to take out even more loans in the form of goods so you can selectively burninate your countryside with the power of someone else's money. Once you've evicted enslaved conquered employed all those masses in all the provinces that'll bolster your tournament for that week, then can you start paying down that KP debt with the ferocity of a thousand nigh-bankrupt hedge fund brokers. If your debtor's contract is simply to the laws of the universe, you can disburse every last rune that you'll never in your life use reduce your astronomically cosmic cosmic principal. If your own fellowship are valid targets, then all the better! Everyone is in debt, and debt makes the world go round!

Oh. And the next week, burninate even more around you for that particular tournament! And hope that your spoils of war plus Tournament earnings is enough to keep that pesky overscouting debt at bay long enough to mount a proper offensive via rapid technological R&D + deployment. Maximum Effort sure enjoyed those stories about my scout running wild using scrolls and elixirs for... alternate... purposes. Mostly involving the glittery reddish-pink mushroom cloud variety. Ah, those were the days. All while Zooftopia, Third of Its Name, was "invaded" by surprisingly pettable alligators. Pushbroom shortages kinda happened while medical insurance claims started dropping off.

I should write a book on this.

free-spirit

Depends. Am I the publisher or the ghost writer of this soon to be #1 Bestseller?
I was thinking ghostwriter AND publisher; otherwise, how can I hang out and do nothing?

First, they're all like, "I have a katribijillion runes. Oh look, she's still working on her GA. Haha, how cute!" Then after they waterboard you with a rune waterfall, you'll find yourself saddled with a KP debt in the -4000s. And that's how they get you! You see, it takes *them* a whole damn village to obtain #1 Greatness and *you* need to hold down 5 jobs to pay off your wonder KP debt since you only have like 5 tourney provinces to play with each week. Now you have to squire for them while they rake in 10k+ points in tourney, get their coffee, ghostwrite their handbook for them, be their marketing department, and act as their publicist, managing and running their PR campaigns for them too.
I think we have you at -6000 now. It's how we ensure you can never leave.

Edit: Oh noes…you’re now the boss!
Dubious honor.

@Matrickz, to answer your initial question, if you're going or ranking, most Ancient Wonders and Armories offer the most ranking points per square. (The #3 player in Felyndral has 54 armories in their city) If you go the armory route, at least level up your Pyramid of Purification so you can remove your sentient manufacturies and collect Orcs for Sentients. (free tips, please don't tell the publisher/ghostwriter of the Don't Judge Me: The free-spirit Handbook to #1 Greatness, Sometimes #2! that I shared them)

Yogi Dave

• Hang with the FS.
  • Upgrade select AWs, especially those which help with tourney and decrease decay rates.
  • Stock up on all goods, both for you and your FS.
  • Build more factories and teleport them. That way whatever chapter 21 throws at you, you will be prepared to produce large amounts of goods.
  • Tourney, tourney, tourney and spire, spire, spire with an FA thrown in.
  • Heckel @crackie, then give her blueberry muffins and say something about buddy being good, but priests rock. ;)
  • Read a book or the forum.

crackie

I should write a book on this.
Are you in need of a marketing director for your book too? For 50% of the receipts, I will help market your book. I am also willing to forgo a take of the book sales for a percentage of the licensing fees instead (think Zooftopia, the theme park). Negotiable. After all, who would have heard of Don't Judge Me: The free-spirit Handbook to #1 Greatness, Sometimes #2! without me pushing for it?

I was thinking ghostwriter AND publisher;
It does seem I need another job now that my debt has somehow grown the size of a level 30 wonder, even though I don’t have wonders that large yet between yesterday and today, so there might be some suspicious usurious interest at play. Do I trust myself to take out a bigger loan if the books are cooked?

how can I hang out and do nothing?
@Matrickz As the title of the book Don't Judge Me: The free-spirit Handbook to #1 Greatness, Sometimes #2! implies, it seems you should always take the path of least resistance patience to get whatever done, followed by a blanket statement “Don’t judge me” to disclaim your previous actions. I hope you will also fully enjoy the first world problem of too many diamonds :diamond: and nothing else to spend it on so that you too may continue to do all the nothing in the world that chap 20 players claim they are too busy doing and why they need an army of interns and personal assistants to sustain that lifestyle.

I think we have you at -6000 now. It's how we ensure you can never leave.
<checks clipboard> As your publicist AND marketing director, I must advise against a Hotel California themed recruiting campaign. After all, it’s also in my interest that you don’t scare the new players away because I need someone smaller than me to slide into the bottom of the totem pole on the roster page. You chapter 20 people are twiddling your thumbs with no wonders left to build and therefore, are not frightened by KP debt. However, it’s hard to catch a fresh fish under 30k with all this debt talk and future as an indentured servant.

Heckel @crackie, then give her blueberry muffins and say something about buddy being good, but priests rock. ;)
I appreciate the gesture, but blueberry muffins, esp from Starbucks, are already pre-claimed by @Villanesque. (I have one in my signature to thwart attention away from anything I may have actually said in a post that may get me in trouble.) ;)

Read a book or the forum.
Normally, I’d be jaded and tired of all this book reading talk around here, but I’ve recently joined the publishing industry so I am now all in and all for the book reading propaganda talk around here.

free-spirit

<checks clipboard> As your publicist AND marketing director, I must advise against a Hotel California themed recruiting campaign. After all, it’s also in my interest that you don’t scare the new players away because I need someone smaller than me to slide into the bottom of the totem pole on the roster page. You chapter 20 people are twiddling your thumbs with no wonders left to build and therefore, are not frightened by KP debt. However, it’s hard to catch a fresh fish under 30k with all this debt talk and future as an indentured servant.
Oops.

Just kidding, we give KPs to the little cities left and right; no need to be scared. Come join the Weirdlings. Or the Ants.