• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Recruiting from Fellowships?

• Thread starter DeletedUser1053
  • Start date

DeletedUser1999

As I understand it, another fellowship can immediately take you unless you have both joined and left another fellowship in the past 24 hours.

Regarding the question of recruitment, might I offer a (relatively) new player's perspective, anecdotal though it be? The first fellowship I joined was one that several of my near neighbors belonged to. After joining that fellowship, I continued to offer NH to other neighbors who were not fellows, two of whom began to offer me NH on a near-daily basis. I thought this was remarkable enough that I messaged them to say thanks. In the brief exchanges that ensued, one of them said that if I ever got to thinking of leaving my current fellowship, I should let them know, as they had some vacancies in theirs. I thought that was a nice offer and said so.

In the fullness of time—OK, like, a few weeks later <g>—I did leave that first fellowship, because being in it had taught me (rather ironically) that I wanted more fellowship than it offered. That is to say, I found I wanted to be a part of a group that traded more, visited more, chatted more, and also paid attention to the balance of boosts among the membership. I was sorry to leave the original fellowship, in a way, because I liked some of the people, such as I was able to get to know them (especially the Archmage). But my present fellowship—which I found through a recruitment post in the Arendyll Forum, thank you very much!—is a much better fit for what my playing style turned out to be. I am grateful to the more experienced users who post frequently on these boards (Bobbykitty, Bobbipiazza, Varron, Insanity Talisman, Lyleth, Aydenn...), who gave me some idea of the range of fellowship experiences available, and to that neighbor of mine, for indicating to me that switching fellowships is a Thing People Do.

As an aside, I think it's super cool that those two neighbors continue to bless my city, along with some of my now-former fellows (who are also neighbors, as I said). I continue to visit and sometimes trade with them. And I wonder about the evidently active players in my neighborhood who never return-visit me, even when they semi-regularly accept my trades. I guess it's all down to playing style, and some people just aren't down with the more social/cooperative aspects of the game. Or are they just that competitive—or that tired of clicking, clicking, clicking?! :rolleyes: I don't have hurt feelings or anything, it's not that; I'm just... bemused? That might be the right word.

Apologies, Riggs, if I have now taken your thread even further off topic than Katwijk. I did have good intentions, I promise! And, I would be interested to know other folks' anecdotal experiences of Neighborly Relations—or switching fellowships, or whatever. Because I suppose I am down with–slash–fascinated by the social/cooperative aspects of the game......... :D
Ty you Maz for sharing, and I almost made a mistake by leaving last night and going to what seemed a much better fellowship. But I found out right away it wasn't going to work out because she was so condescending with her superior attitude, I had to write her back and tell her to take a chill pill.
I'm now having to search out again to find a warm fellowship that helps there members grow, and learn the game. I'm here 12 hrs a day every day
so there should be a warm and friendly fellowship out there somewhere yes.

DeletedUser1999

Any advanced players looking for a new fellowship home, message me. Fair Trade Original would love to have you! :D

Good Morning BobbyKitty, I'm replying back to you regarding my search for a warm, friendly, and helpful new fellowship that is active. I'm in world
Winyandor. I searched for fellowship Fair Trade Original but the search couldn't find it, so I'm not sure if there in the same world as me or not.
I'm currently with another fellowship with 25 members, and the leader is the only active person there every day, and since I'm here every day 10-12 hrs I'm looking for more than nice chat with one person. I'm a premium player just trying to have fun, but I want to be a team player with other team players, so hopefully you can find me a nice home. I look forward to your warm reply. LG

DeletedUser1999

They are on Arendyll- not on Winyandor. You can contact Lyleth o n Winyandor, she keeps a nice fellowship.
Thank you Varron for your help. If you can think of anyone else besides Lyleth I would appreciate it much.
Kind Regards, Lordgarth1

Deleted User - 312108

Lol, best of luck. Sorry that I work 10+ hour days so I can't be at your beck and call.

DeletedUser627

Thank you Varron for your help. If you can think of one else besides Lyleth I would appreciate it much.
Kind Regards, Lordgarth1

Welcome and hello, Lordgarth. I took the liberty of reviewing your city and fellowship to see if we could offer suggestions based on your posting.

The fellowship you're in has nice larger cities, and you're in the lower ranking there - which is a desirable situation for a player. The most important consideration for you is trading, so you don't have to build non-boosted manufactories. Most of us will recommend:

1) Players who trade avidly
2) Players who do the neighborhood visits similarly to you - whether that's daily (possibly required) or seldom

Seeking to join a bigger fellowship will likely cause some frustration, since these players like to have trading partners who can contribute to their needs as well. But you can work your way up in the system over time...

There are many back threads of this Forum discussing game strategies. There's a lot you can pick up! Good luck!

DeletedUser1999

Lol, best of luck. Sorry that I work 10+ hour days so I can't be at your beck and call.
And I'm sorry you have a poor attitude too. I hope it doesn't spill into the game since you're working so hard.
Have a wonderful day Lyleth. LG

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Wow this is an old thread. Maybe ask your question independently, most folks on here have quit playing.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
While this thread got revived, are the Game World subforums effective for recruiting? I mean if you are a player looking for a fellowship, you’d get gobbled up right away. But FS looking for players, do you guys actually get any from the forums? I’ve only managed 2 in prob that many years. My other city is on EN and that forum is deader than dead so I do not expect much luck with it there. It’s more lively here but most people are already in a FS.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
depends on the reason and the target. I would never try to poach a player from a good and full fs. But many times iv sent messages to dead or dieing fs that only have a couple active members left to see if they were interested in switching over.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
How do I invite someone??
go to a city that doesnt have a fs and click on the fs button. This window with an invite button will show up.

invite.jpg

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
While this thread got revived, are the Game World subforums effective for recruiting? I mean if you are a player looking for a fellowship, you’d get gobbled up right away. But FS looking for players, do you guys actually get any from the forums? I’ve only managed 2 in prob that many years. My other city is on EN and that forum is deader than dead so I do not expect much luck with it there. It’s more lively here but most people are already in a FS.
Not great in my experence. But neither is any other method for that matter. Since nayone can start a fs, there is alwasy more fs's searching for players then there are players. - And if your a active larger city, you have all the power in searching, so you can pick and chose as you see fit.
My fs on us5 elysidir (sp) has a few open spots now. Were a 10 chest fs and laid back and still have have issues finding ppl. Its always harder to find ppl for a fs then it is for a player to find a fs.

crackie

depends on the reason and the target. I would never try to poach a player from a good and full fs. But many times iv sent messages to dead or dieing fs that only have a couple active members left to see if they were interested in switching over.
I'm talking about posting ads on the forum, so strictly passively via forum and not actively recruiting a player by contacting them, etc. Players respond on their own, so no poaching involved. How many people actually answer ads? Most of us are already in fellowships.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
I'm talking about posting ads on the forum, so strictly passively via forum and not actively recruiting a player by contacting them, etc. Players respond on their own, so no poaching involved. How many people actually answer ads? Most of us are already in fellowships.
Like you said, most are already in fs. And like i said, anyone not in one that wants to be has all the power in searching for one.
As for the ads on this fourm.. i got one reply... of course its so rare that i forget to check back and never noticed it until far to late'

AtaguS

Zombie threads, woohoo!!! :eek:

I've tried multiple times over the years and have never had any luck.

On the great poach debate...
When I started the game, I was in a fs that frowned heavily on poaching. I received a number of invites from other fss and dismissed them all proudly and politely with a short, "I'm happy where I am, thanks."
After taking a year off, and being in need of a fs...I realized that I had turned my nose up at opportunities to expand my game, learn something new, meet more players, etc. That there was a benefit to me to try out different fss, see how my playstyle fit or grew and all that.
Since returning, I've been poached twice into fellowships that I really love and am so glad I didn't just dismiss it without consideration simply because I was already in a fs.
So now, I am comfortable seeking out a player who I think would enjoy playing with us, and sending them a polite invite. If nothing else, we get to have a short chat and be on our way.

crackie

I don't have a problem with poaching either. If someone poached my players, it's my own fault for not making their FS experience fun or functional enough to keep them. I don't own my players. They are all free agents.