• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Release notes 0.35

DeletedUser51

Dear Humans and Elves,

Please use this thread to share your thoughts on the changes that came with the update to version 0.35.
We are looking forward to your feedback!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

DeletedUser627

I've just read the Magic Academy notes and am puzzled. We're advised that the optimum strategy would likely be to collect enough Spells to place one on each Workshop. Then ideally we'd run a 2-day production but not collect the supplies...because Spells can be placed on finished but non-collected supplies. Cool so far. We place the spell and collect our 2-day runs. Then the optimum usage for the length of the spell - which only lasts 2 hours - will be to run short productions on all the Workshops during the 2 hours. At optimum, that would be the 5-minute productions non-stop for 2 hours.

I'm speechless. Well, not literally...

So, the huge new development is that we spend our non-boosted Relics (early in the game) in order to produce

A 2-HOUR CLICKFEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Should we be hilarious, hysterical or un-hinged?

DeletedUser61

At optimum
At maximum. Optimum has to include going to the bathroom, etc. Good enough works pretty well too.

In the related adjustment to the Goods spell, they're extending that spell to slightly more than 12 hours, so that you can jam in 3+9 or 3+3+3+3.

I'd expect a similar extension of the Supplies spell, to slightly more than 2 hours so that we can jam in Collection + 1 hour + 1 hour, or some 15 minute cycles, or some 5 minute cycles if you're really hurting for supplies.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser61

In effect, there will be a couple of additional expansions.

The UNboosted runes that you'll need for the spells will provide an incentive for exploring sectors that you might have otherwise avoided. You'll thereby have more Provincial Expansions than with the current paradigm. And they only cost Coins to place.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser627

..., or some 5 minute cycles if you're really hurting for supplies.

Gotta love this. Clickfesting is officially KJ sanctioned....so long as it doesn't involve Quests, of course

Why would you approve 5-minute supplies? According to your theory of play, folks should just build more Workshops...and produce the least possible number of goods, in which case no one would ever be "hurting for supplies". If you don't launch into a detail explanation as to why / how we should all avoid the additional clicking involved, you'll be invalidating a substantial number of your game theory, in my opinion.

By extension, remember all this discussion about "self-sufficient cities"? A self-sufficient city isn't allowed to rely on Quests - despite the fact that they were a consistent sources of coins / supplies available via clicking. And yet here we have it - a self-sufficient city may rely on Spells - which are an inconsistent source of coins / supplies available via clicking.

Quests were a reliable game feature - it was possible to build a consistent game strategy around them. Spells rely on un-boosted relics - there's no way to build a game strategy around a finite resource.

DeletedUser61

if you're really hurting for supplies.
Spells are emergency rations, not a regular meal. I don't recommend them at all, except as a sink for the unboosted relics.

But then I prefer to AVOID crisis driven design. Some folks don't mind being continually surprised, and the Spells will divert some of their frustation.

The problem with the declinable quests was precisely that they WERE an infinite resource.

DeletedUser594

I did the clicker fest when there were no fellowships and on multiple occassions after they formed. Now I can barely stomach going through the quests once. I've got workshops up and down my city bcs I just don't want to use the quests- I also would not be surprised if they were soon a thing of the past since these spells will make up for some of the loss.
I'll be here to watch heads explode

DeletedUser1621

What an interesting strategy. I have never counted on the quests as a strategy. I just figured they were there to keep me moving forward, and they give a nice little bonus for finishing the task. I seldom actually look at the reward before hand. I don't bother declining tasks either. This is a slow-paced game, not a race, and I have plenty of time....

DeletedUser

I did the clicker fest when there were no fellowships and on multiple occassions after they formed. Now I can barely stomach going through the quests once. I've got workshops up and down my city bcs I just don't want to use the quests- I also would not be surprised if they were soon a thing of the past since these spells will make up for some of the loss.
images (3).jpg

DeletedUser627

Will you build the Academy so you can clickfest some more?

DeletedUser594

still on the fence- some fighting spells and I'm in for sure, The goods spells...maybe The supply is not a big draw for me as I went workshop crazy so I can run my Barracks 24/7 in addition to my goods- and I'm still often getting over filled with supply so maybe I'll rethink my balance

DeletedUser

I seriously doubt I'll be building it because of the space it takes up vs the benefits this far into the game. To me it seems as though the Developers are more focused on the beginning players, your thought's?
New world opened 1 day before the new release goes live? Hoe interesting. New world, new players just signing up getting sent there by default and "motivation" for bored long time players to start on a new world. And spend more money on the game... :rolleyes:

DeletedUser627

What an interesting strategy. I have never counted on the quests as a strategy. I just figured they were there to keep me moving forward, and they give a nice little bonus for finishing the task. I seldom actually look at the reward before hand. I don't bother declining tasks either. This is a slow-paced game, not a race, and I have plenty of time....

Remind me, Wicked...did we have a recent conversation about encounters that centered around costs and the slow progression?

I seriously doubt I'll be building it because of the space it takes up vs the benefits this far into the game. To me it seems as though the Developers are more focused on the beginning players, your thought's?

I'll likely build one in a world where I dislike my city anyway. I'd like to make / use the spells and see what happens to game development

Deleted User - 312108

You know... I suppose it makes sense that they started a new world since the Magic Academy opens up so early in the game. It allows those who are highly advanced in the other worlds to start fresh to try it as it comes into play in the tree.
Still doesn't incline me to start fresh or build the silly thing.

DeletedUser43

I think the underlying message is the game is pretty much done. If you have finished the tech tree, you are done. They are tweaking the game as much as possible to keep people playing the game longer, but they don't ultimately care about the players who have been here a long time. They want new players, and new worlds. That's why every addition is just there to slow the game down so people don't get to the end so fast. That's why they are working on all the stuff that is so useless to the advanced players. We are not their priority.

You can play the game over, but the game you have invested in is now a lovely fish tank or fancy screen saver. I am watching friend after friend walk away from this game and it is so sad. At least a whole bunch of them have found a new game to play online. I can't keep them here any more.

DeletedUser1036

Seriously why is the developers city so small in the video?

DeletedUser1208

You would think that they would make it more game friendly for the players that do play now. As it is now I don't think I will even mess with it. It will take up too much space that I don't have to waste. Plus we "Have" to finish it in the research tree before we can go forward from where we are now. Which is REAL STUPID to me.