• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Release Notes version 1.34

DeletedUser9622

I'd personally like to know what the new feature takes into account to come up with the difficulty.

If I want to Negotiate, does my main hall make the difference? My income buildings? Etc. Because I went over and explored very hard at the start, and there was no difference in how much I had to pay.

So my question is, does it take into account your economy, or just your fighting capability?

DeletedUser9627

I am assuming difficulty is based on distance from your city. For example, I should have stayed within 1 hex 'range' of my city for pretty much the whole first chapter. Scouting out those extra regions out of impatience means they that while I would have had to do them anyway in Ch.2, they will all be much harder.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I'd personally like to know what the new feature takes into account to come up with the difficulty.
From the tests I've ran here and on beta the difficulty indicator only accounts for your squad size vs the enemy squad size.
It is still a useful tool for negotiators as you can see at a glance where your cheapest (and therefore closest) provinces are without counting from your city.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One

If I want to Negotiate, does my main hall make the difference? My income buildings? Etc. Because I went over and explored very hard at the start, and there was no difference in how much I had to pay.

So my question is, does it take into account your economy, or just your fighting capability?
Fights are calculated by taking into account your squad size and your scouting chest reduction. Nothing else matters. Negotiation costs are based on fight difficulty. It won't technically be "harder" to negotiate, it will just cost more goods.

DeletedUser9469

There are some very useful help guides that explain were you should be on the map and when... Just like many new players, I fell into the trap of chasing province expansions. Sometimes, I would have enough troops to effectively win a fight, and more times than I care to say I had to save up to negotiate. It is alright because I have just about leveled out. Everything in my next ring now shows the "Very Hard". I will hopefully be advancing to Chapter 3 in a few days (couple weeks tops) and will be able to reduce these to a medium or hard. The best advise I can offer is SLOW DOWN! This is not a sprint, it is a marathon. The top ranked players in the game didn't get there on their first day of play and many of them have at least a year of experience in the game than the rest of us. If playing games similar to this have taught me anything, however, it is that if you set attainable goals and do the things you need to do in order to achieve them, you can break into the top ranks.

DeletedUser4195

There was a rumor, perhaps based on beta, that this update would also include diamonds as rewards for some of the main line mandatory quests. There is no mention of this (only in chapter treasure chests) so I take it that is not the case?

The last main line quest in S&D is now "gain 100,000 mana". The reward is: 10,000 supplies, 50,000 coins and 200 diamonds. As well there is a 200 diamond reward for advancing into Halflings.

DeletedUser3707

From the upgrade announcement:
  • These may not be seen right after the update, but surprises are on their way.

I have been ill so just getting here after the update but It did say in the update announcement that we would receive some example instants for this update. The only difference I see in this update is the map. I didn't get diamonds or free spells so the one's that did are lucky. lol

There are some very useful help guides that explain were you should be on the map and when... Just like many new players, I fell into the trap of chasing province expansions. Sometimes, I would have enough troops to effectively win a fight, and more times than I care to say I had to save up to negotiate. It is alright because I have just about leveled out. Everything in my next ring now shows the "Very Hard". I will hopefully be advancing to Chapter 3 in a few days (couple weeks tops) and will be able to reduce these to a medium or hard. The best advise I can offer is SLOW DOWN! This is not a sprint, it is a marathon. The top ranked players in the game didn't get there on their first day of play and many of them have at least a year of experience in the game than the rest of us. If playing games similar to this have taught me anything, however, it is that if you set attainable goals and do the things you need to do in order to achieve them, you can break into the top ranks.

Greetings and Welcome Rylan! It says you joined July 10th but when did you start actually playing the game? You stated you hope to be advancing to Chapter 3 soon and I miss read what you wrote and was in shock. lol Chapter 3 since July 10th is flying through the chapters.

I agree with you when you said The best advice any of us can give is slow down, relax, and enjoy playing the game. This is supposed to be fun and relaxing away from our real lives. I own a Fellowship and a couple players I have take it so seriously that they can't relax. This update promises a lot if they carry through with what they said.

Have fun and relax!!!!!!!!!!

DeletedUser3602

The helping hands bug is still not fixed properly. A lot of my discovered neighbors are showing a little green house in the notifications (meaning you can only visit that player, not give NH) whereas I can all give them NH. I can't find this bug in the Bug Report section anymore, that's why I'm posting it here.
Helping Hands.png

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6695

First off the game still freezes up using google chrome.

I have a profile on E in Dwarves and got a quest for Research Dwarven AW which the chest gave Diamonds Also got a quest to research the Advance scout which gives Diamonds. This is really a great surprise.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
The helping hands bug is still not fixed properly. A lot of my discovered neighbors are showing a little green house in the notifications (meaning you can only visit that player, not give NH) whereas I can all give them NH. I can't find this bug in the Bug Report section anymore, that's why I'm posting it here.
I don't know if the hands ever appeared for trades. I think they only appear for people who helped you, but I might be mistaken.

DeletedUser3602

I don't know if the hands ever appeared for trades. I think they only appear for people who helped you, but I might be mistaken.

Hmmm...in my memory, before the helping hands system broke, the notifications list used to show the green hands when a discovered neighbor accepted a trade of mine. But now I'm not sure anymore...:confused:

qaccy

Hmmm...in my memory, before the helping hands system broke, the notifications list used to show the green hands when a discovered neighbor accepted a trade of mine. But now I'm not sure anymore...:confused:

I believe that used to be the case, yes. However, now it appears that a hand will only appear in an accepted trade notice if it's a golden one. Since those are the only people I return visits to anyway, it doesn't affect me personally but I wanted to confirm that I believe you're correct.

(Confirm that I believe? Is that even a thing?)

DeletedUser9469

Hi Blueporchers and thanks for the warm welcome. I just recently joined the forums. So, the date showing there is my forum join date. I actually started playing about half way through the winter event. Right around the conclusion of that event, I realized that I had botched up really bad so I closed my account and restarted. Then I had a sabbatical where I was without internet for about 3 months. So, counting restarts and breaks, about 8 months. As far as dedicated time, about 4 months.

DeletedUser6085

I just wanted to say thank you for fixing the golden hands. They are so much easier to see in notifications. The others just blended in with the houses and were easily missed. Thank you for your efforts.

edeba

I do not care for the new scouting thing overall. I like that you can see how long and switch, but I really dislike that they took away the ability to mouse over and see the scouting cost, and truly see which province should be done next.

I know that I have 4 provinces in I believe in ring 12 and they show up as easy, as do the provinces in ring 13. I know that there is both a time and cost difference. It way harder to find these 4 provinces to do first and impossible to look for or find them while a scouting is happening, which was seriously way more useful to me.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I know that I have 4 provinces in I believe in ring 12 and they show up as easy, as do the provinces in ring 13.
Interesting, I was wondering if this happens. I don't have this situation in any of my cities. I have 3 different rings to choose from, and they are all Easy/Med/Hard, so it's very simple for me.