• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Set building

DeletedUser9261

You people are unbelievable, no wonder every response from support seems like a copy and paste because if they try to be remotely personal with you people, you take it and run to the wind. Instead of reading what was written for what it is, some of you want to make a mountain out of a pebble. Seems one of the few with a decent head on their shoulder is @Mykan

You cry for support, they help ... you are ungrateful. You cry for support they do not help, you will spend the next 20 years going on about how they do not help and apparently spat it in their face at your convenience...demonstrated few posts back. This is the most involved I have seen support on any forum.

@Xelenia and @Ælfwine next time just ignore them. Some of us are grateful for the effort you have put in to get some answers from the actual developers...and some of us are quite aware you are not the developers of the game and just have what you can to help the rest of us in this puzzle presented by the developers on a weekly basis. Contrary to all that is being said in this thread, some of us are quite aware you are not calling anyone cheaters/exploiters.

I will not be surprised if there is little to no interaction from the support teams on this forum going forward.

DeletedUser3434

While the OP's message was a bit unreasonably testy, there was absolutely no way that any of us could have know this was a bug. It gives all the appearance of working exactly as intended and we were never told any different until today. It is not very nice to imply players are exploiting in this case. It is a bit rude.
For this, I will apologize for being a bit testy. I just spent hours redesigning my city to get these to work on one road, then get up and they dont work.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
You people are unbelievable
That's a valid opinion, if a bit over-the-top itself. We are stuck in uncertainty, having put time and resources into something which we still don't know how they intend it to work. If one of the official response messages is correct, than a lot of us are currently cheating. We'd like to know if that's true.

DeletedUser5800

Some of us are grateful for the effort you have put in to get some answers from the actual developers...and some of us are quite aware you are not the developers of the game and just have what you can to help the rest of us in this puzzle presented by the developers on a weekly basis. Contrary to all that is being said in this thread, some of us are quite aware you are not calling anyone cheaters/exploiters.
Let the record show that @Xelenia is one of my fav. people on these forums... but that does not make her immune from my panties getting in a twist if she throws a pebble in them. :D
You know how everyone likes to read tone into places there isn't any, my comments should almost always be taken with a cheeky smile just behind them. ;)
I would like to think she has put me in the corner enough times to know that. :p

DeletedUser9261

That's a valid opinion, if a bit over-the-top itself. We are stuck in uncertainty, having put time and resources into something which we still don't know how they intend it to work. If one of the official response messages is correct, than a lot of us are currently cheating. We'd like to know if that's true.

The answer is there you are just choosing to ignore it. If you are cheating and support wanted to call you cheaters I am very sure there will be goods missing from everyone stash. They made an announcement that they area clarifying... They then updated the announcement saying what was stated is indeed correct. When mykan paraphrase what xelenia wrote, the agreed with him. What more do you need? Your own personal gold star and personal answered? Hands need to be held?

No, not being a smart one I am simply oblivious by some people thinking process in this thread. The entitlement is too grand and that is coming from someone who look up to some of you. You got your own program and nothing support say will change that and it is down right shameful. Everyone got access to inno mailing address and phone number, maybe take your fight to those deserving of it. Some of you have said many times developers do not read this thread, you will think you will go find means of getting in contact with them rather than sitting here flexing your virtual muscles.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9261

With that said, I will drop my mic and go enjoy the sun....best to hide now before I get dived on o_Oo_O

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
The answer is there you are just choosing to ignore it. If you are cheating and support wanted to call you cheaters I am very sure there will be goods missing from everyone stash. They made an announcement that they area clarifying... They then updated the announcement saying what was stated is indeed correct. When mykan paraphrase what xelenia wrote, the agreed with him. What more do you need? .
The problem is, what is currently happening does not actually match what they said. So the answer is incomplete. Either there are more fixes to come, or the answer given is incorrect.
No, not being a smart one
It's possible you should have stopped there. You either don't understand the problem, or you have missed some of the information. We do not have an answer that meshes with the existing landscape. Your criticism is misplaced.

dikke ikke

In the last event it was nearly impossible to get the complete set without spending diamonds, I am nearly at the end of level 12 and with the plans I have to increase the number of AW's I have and the space for new guest races always growing, there will be no space for a set of buildings, so i will most likely not build it anymore

The Unbeliever

The problem is, what is currently happening does not actually match what they said. So the answer is incomplete. Either there are more fixes to come, or the answer given is incorrect.
It's possible you should have stopped there. You either don't understand the problem, or you have missed some of the information. We do not have an answer that meshes with the existing landscape. Your criticism is misplaced.
There's also the fact that any of us who also play/come from FoE & have experience with set buildings, are now incredibly miffed why the Elvenar versions are suddenly even worse off than we first imagined them to be.

If the Elvenar team's plan is that multiple buildings will not work within the same set, AND, the set itself is nearly impossible to obtain outside of $$$, AND, the payouts of said set are so mediocre to begin with - even when using multiples of a single building to boost the meager returns, then yeah, people are gonna be a little upset at what is really a good deal of wasted time, effort (and in some cases) real $$! ;)

DeletedUser5800

people are gonna be a little upset at what is really a good deal of wasted time, effort (and in some cases) real $$!
Agreed, I didn't have any single chains in any cities but I did go for a set with 2 lighthouses and 2 pavilions in one and I did spend $20 for the first time in over a year to do it... if they up and stop working you can bet it will be over a year again before I even think about spending anything else... so I guess they would be doing me a favor in a way but not a very good one for themselves. When I started I gladly spent weekly but every time I begin to think 'Hey maybe it's starting to turn around and I would be happy to again' they again prove why I stopped.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I'm still not 100% clear on the current intended way that things are supposed to work. I thought I understood it, but I'm worried that I made some assumptions, and based on posts like Drac's above, it seems others aren't sure now either.

A fountain can't be used as a road for another fountain. That much is clear. Unfortunate, but understood.

But the whole "duplicate" issue is still vague based on everything players and mods have posted.
Is it not simply that
  • A fountain touching a Giants Hand will give the Giants Hand a set bonus, and will receive a set bonus. (no change)
  • A second fountain touching that same Giants Hand will not give the Giants Hand a second(duplicate) bonus, but will receive a bonus from it. Meaning all 3 buildings in this scenario get one bonus each.
In other words, no change at all to how it's always been (If so, why was it even brought up? Just to sow confusion?)

The other possibility, which is garbage, and I believe has been the cause of some of the frustrations seen on the forums is
  • A fountain touching a Giants Hand will give the Giants Hand a set bonus, and will receive a set bonus. (no change)
  • A second fountain touching that same Giants Hand will not give the Giants Hand a second(duplicate) bonus, and will not receive a bonus from it either. Meaning that the second fountain, despite touching another non-fountain set piece does not get any set bonus.
Surely it can't be the second one? With 3/5 of the set buildings being grand prizes this last event, it would limit them far too much.

DeletedUser12171

Maybe someone was stringing 10 orc vortexes end to end or something of the like

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
No, not being a smart one
Maybe someone was stringing 10 orc vortexes end to end or something of the like
They were, but that was never about bonuses. It's about needed roads. I think the majority of us thought we could make our set as large as we want, and only need one road connection but not get bonuses on a lot of the buildings. The wording of the official post implies that having more than one of any building in a set is not intended to extend road to all parts of the set. At the moment, you can have as many buildings as you want, as long as you don't chain the same building. You won't get bonuses for all the chains, but they do function as road.

hvariidh gwendrot

my 2 of the Easter set work with 1 piece of road connecting now, so that's better but, i set my steel manf to upgrade this-a-way and they go that -a-way hahaha oops

The Unbeliever

I'm still not 100% clear on the current intended way that things are supposed to work. I thought I understood it, but I'm worried that I made some assumptions, and based on posts like Drac's above, it seems others aren't sure now either.

A fountain can't be used as a road for another fountain. That much is clear. Unfortunate, but understood.

But the whole "duplicate" issue is still vague based on everything players and mods have posted.
Is it not simply that
  • A second fountain touching that same Giants Hand will not give the Giants Hand a second(duplicate) bonus, but will receive a bonus from it. Meaning all 3 buildings in this scenario get one bonus each.
In other words, no change at all to how it's always been (If so, why was it even brought up? Just to sow confusion?)

The other possibility, which is garbage, and I believe has been the cause of some of the frustrations seen on the forums is
  • A second fountain touching that same Giants Hand will not give the Giants Hand a second(duplicate) bonus, and will not receive a bonus from it either. Meaning that the second fountain, despite touching another non-fountain set piece does not get any set bonus.
Surely it can't be the second one? With 3/5 of the set buildings being grand prizes this last event, it would limit them far too much.
The way it's been worded, it seems to imply the second possibility, which I think is why people are getting so upset...
FoE, (which is where we got set buildings from), works the former way; you can have as many duplicates as you want, but you need 'different' buildings to build the various levels of set bonuses.

The latest word we're getting here though, seems to imply that our Elvenar versions can no long 'double-up' on a specific building to get multiples of a preferred link-bonus... instead, to get say 2x mana link-bonuses, you'd need 2 full sets, which is complete & utter BS if that's how Inno intends to develop the Elvenar sets, since we can't even get multiples of 30-50% or more of the individual buildings?!

Consider this, FoE's first set building, the (now) Lv1 Cherry Garden set;
EEE SS
EEE SS
NNG SS
NN ZZZ
NN ZZZ
E = Emperor's Entrance
S = Sakura Rock
N = Nishki Pond
G = Gong of Wisdom
Z = Zen Zone

The full set is a tiny little 5x5 that gives every 24hr;
- 5kp's (forge points to them!)
- 5 goods (equivalent of 1x 3hr boosted good @400%)
- coins + supplies
- +5% atk bonus when you launch an attack
- +5% city defending army defense bonus
That's ALOT of 'good' bonuses by that game's standard for what is slightly larger than 1 expansion. (FoE expansions are 4x4 squares)
And most importantly, each set piece gets it full link bonuses when you have the full set & arrange it properly, unlike either of our versions which force you to pick and choose which specific bonuses you want, as there's no possible way to ever arrange everything so you gain all the link effects.:mad:

And then some are wondering why so many here are getting annoyed/******* off about how our sets are seemingly being further nerfed into the ground?:rolleyes:

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
...each set piece gets it full link bonuses when you have the full set & arrange it properly, unlike either of our versions which force you to pick and choose which specific bonuses you want, as there's no possible way to ever arrange everything so you gain all the link effects.:mad: And then some are wondering why so many here are getting annoyed/******* off about how our sets are seemingly being further nerfed into the ground?:rolleyes:

I've wondered why on that. It has always seemed misleading since the first one. I thought if I got them all I should get the rewards for them all. Nope. I lost that expectation the first set. Not a really big deal since I don't care about coin or supplies but I still feel jipped and see why it is a problem for many.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
A fountain can't be used as a road for another fountain. That much is clear.
Yes. And No....

A road to a fountain, that touches a Ice Mountain Troll, that touches another fountain, provides a road for the second fountain. I.e., this works:
upload_2018-4-21_15-18-3.png

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
A road to a fountain, that touches a Ice Mountain Troll, that touches another fountain, provides a road for the second fountain.
Right, any combination other than a repeat works.
A-B-A-B-C-B etc is fine
A-B-A-A-B-C is no good.
More importantly players who wanted to do
A-A-A-A-A-A can no longer do so.

It's the other part that concerns me (and others) more. Do both fountains in your image above get bonus mana even though they are sharing a Troll?
They do now, but this talk of "duplicates" puts into question whether they should according to the devs. Which is rather borked since you can't have more than 1 troll...