• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Shortcut keys "F", "G" and "V"

Would you like to have shortcut keys "F", "G" and "V"?

• Yes, this would be very helpful! Please!

• No, I like all the pointing and clicking.... :(

Results are only viewable after voting.

DeletedUser2225

"Please cast your vote, your opinion matters!"

I have created two suggestion entries to help streamline this portion of the game and allow the use of both hands while doing so, instead of the one-handed point and click. They would not require major code rewrite and could be added to the existing game code.

The game suggestion entries in this forum are as follows:
"Shortcut keys "G" and "F" to assist in Giving Neighborly Help"
https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index....d-f-to-assist-in-giving-neighborly-help.2156/
...and
"Shortcut key "V" to assist in Giving Neighborly Help"
https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index....y-v-to-assist-in-giving-neighborly-help.2164/

They are outlined as follows:

Shortcut key "V" to assist in Giving Neighborly Help

..would assign:

"V" - Visit Fellowship member's City (available from the Fellowship list/selected member)

..and the shortcut keys "G" and "F"

"G" - Give Neighborly Help (available if the "give help" hand is active)
"F" - Fellowship (available when the fellowship shield is visible to select the Fellowship list)

Having the keys "F", "G" and "V" assigned creates an easy to access shortcut key grouping to carry out giving neighborly help, not only for Fellowship members, but also for discovered neighbors on the World map. For world map neighbors you would use "W" and "G".

(These are shortcut key assigns for the existing game code and not major game code rewrite.)

I would think the game developers would strive to make this game platform the most enjoyable possible. Having this portion of the game being so point and click time intensive, I feel, makes players reluctant to carry out the "Give Neighborly Help" portion. Thus not allowing players to get the full effect and enjoyment of the game.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2225

I find it strange that people read this posting but don't cast a vote?!.....

DeletedUser

Here's a vote: I vote for shortcut keys. I've said before that a key like, C, for "collect all" when you first visit your own city to gather up all the taxes (coins) and what ever your shops (manufactures) have been working on while you were gone, instead of having to click on each and every one. Yes, I know you can click on one house and sweep along the group if you have them arranged nicely, but (in my case) most shops and work shops are a bit scattered.

DeletedUser2424

I like your suggestions. I would like even more to have an option to go to the next fellowship member in the list.

Clicking 'n' would go to the next highest ranking player in the list. So, if i'm viewing player 1, it goes to player ranked 2.
This would save a ton of clicks to give neighborly help.

DeletedUser4955

Here's a vote: I vote for shortcut keys. I've said before that a key like, C, for "collect all" when you first visit your own city to gather up all the taxes (coins) and what ever your shops (manufactures) have been working on while you were gone, instead of having to click on each and every one. Yes, I know you can click on one house and sweep along the group if you have them arranged nicely, but (in my case) most shops and work shops are a bit scattered.
C key takes you back to your city

DeletedUser4955

"Please cast your vote, your opinion matters!"

I have created two suggestion entries to help streamline this portion of the game and allow the use of both hands while doing so, instead of the one-handed point and click. They would not require major code rewrite and could be added to the existing game code.

The game suggestion entries in this forum are as follows:
"Shortcut keys "G" and "F" to assist in Giving Neighborly Help"
https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index....d-f-to-assist-in-giving-neighborly-help.2156/
...and
"Shortcut key "V" to assist in Giving Neighborly Help"
https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index....y-v-to-assist-in-giving-neighborly-help.2164/

They are outlined as follows:

Shortcut key "V" to assist in Giving Neighborly Help

..would assign:

"V" - Visit Fellowship member's City (available from the Fellowship list/selected member)

..and the shortcut keys "G" and "F"

"G" - Give Neighborly Help (available if the "give help" hand is active)
"F" - Fellowship (available when the fellowship shield is visible to select the Fellowship list)

Having the keys "F", "G" and "V" assigned creates an easy to access shortcut key grouping to carry out giving neighborly help, not only for Fellowship members, but also for discovered neighbors on the World map. For world map neighbors you would use "W" and "G".

(These are shortcut key assigns for the existing game code and not major game code rewrite.)

I would think the game developers would strive to make this game platform the most enjoyable possible. Having this portion of the game being so point and click time intensive, I feel, makes players reluctant to carry out the "Give Neighborly Help" portion. Thus not allowing players to get the full effect and enjoyment of the game.

DeletedUser4955

I'm just confused by the suggestions. Currently you can press F to get the FS box and E to have the hands ready after you click on a city. W and E for getting to World cities....maybe that is thanks to this suggestion

joboxo

E and F already exist for speeding up neighborly help rounds.

"V" is an interesting concept. I guess it would take you to the city of the first member in your fellowship who is eligible for neighborly help? (Maybe it does nothing if there aren't any fellowship members eligible for help?)

joboxo

By the way, I did not vote in your poll because I don't want a change to the existing E and F shortcuts.

If the vote was only for adding a 'V' shortcut, I would vote yes.

DeletedUser9902

I would like to get a clarification on the V key. Does this mean we are helping a different fellowship? IE you visit a neighbor whom is not in the FS as yours and then your able to help that FS?

The N key would be alot more useful tho.