• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Silver level

Pheryll

Set Designer
I usually stay out of these discussions because I acknowledge I have an abundance of luck in this game and don't want to falsely promise results to others based on that. However, this isn't really a fair statement, since this is the first event I've participated in that I will have to spend diamonds to get the final set piece in my main city. I have certainly spent diamonds in events but only occasionally to pick up portraits or second bases, if my memory serves. As I said, I know I tend to be quite lucky (and also spend much too much time checking in for currency around the city!), so I would avoid stating that everyone should be able to do so because there certainly is an element of chance involved; however, it is possible to do so.

I have often seen a large jump towards the end. Where in the last few days the minimum for silver was too far away from 260 to reasonably get there (assuming a few days left of event currency) to being solidly above 260. I think it is correct to conclude that there is diamond expenditure that is causing this phenomenon, and therefore, less than 5% of players are receiving enough event currency, without diamonds, to place them at the 260 mark.

hvariidh gwendrot

4 cities on different worlds all have the full set and 3 have the icon of Dr Smith from the original Lost in Spce tv show, a couple of them might get silver league (fingers crossed) but it's been a long awhile since getting a full set was this easy, no diamonds spent i pick the lowest cost for most advance

Iyapo

Personal Conductor
However, this isn't really a fair statement, since this is the first event I've participated in that I will have to spend diamonds to get the final set piece in my main city. I have certainly spent diamonds in events but only occasionally to pick up portraits or second bases, if my memory serves.
We can limit the conversation to our main cities and only to events that give set pieces if you would like. It let's us ignore Mama Juul's completely, where 95% of players did not get the final artifact and the 260 mark was in Silver league on most Worlds.

Edit: changed bronze to silver because, wow wrong!

Last edited:

Dew Spinner

We can limit the conversation to our main cities and only to events that give set pieces if you would like. It let's us ignore Mama Juul's completely, where 95% of players did not get the final artifact and the 260 mark was in Bronze league.
@Mrietha was talking about getting to 260, not about getting to silver league. Certainly, most players are not spending money to get to 260 or Inno wouldn't be hurting for money, to the point of laying off 75 employees! Silver league and Gold league are a reward for those that do spend money and to encourage spending on the game that is why only 1% get Gold and 5% get Silver. It's not meant for everyone to get or even 50% to get.

Last edited:

SimplyNoble

Good for you?

This is another weird flex that I don't get. I don't care where you get your diamonds or what you spend them on.

I care that only 5% of players will finish above Bronze league. 95% of ALL players will not finish in Gold or Silver no matter what strategy they employed. They did not do anything wrong.
It isn't a "flex". Some people are claiming that you have to spend money to get silver. I simply demonstrated that this isn't true. I never said anyone did anything wrong. Just trying to say that it is doable and if I can figure it out you can too. This is a game that takes patience and a lot of thought. If you don't get it this time there will be another time and probably a better prize. There is no need to stress about where you place this particular time.
As for the percentage pf people who get certain prize levels.... I mean that's life. It isn't fair. It doesn't need to be. Some people work hard and get gold, the good job, the lottery prize, whatever: and some people work hard and don't. That does not mean they can't still enjoy life/the game. There is a life lesson there.

Alram

Flippers just flip
That is easy enough to look up if you really need to know it. Not sure why it matters though.
I was curious about your event total. :)
You said your in Silver but it looks like your ashen isn't fully evolved. I have a L2 and a L4 in 2 of my cities but it doesn't seem to have effected my final scores much.

SimplyNoble

I was curious about your event total. :)
You said your in Silver but it looks like your ashen isn't fully evolved. I have a L2 and a L4 in 2 of my cities but it doesn't seem to have effected my final scores much.
Ah gotcha. Event total is sitting at 281 right now and you are correct my Ashen is level 9. I had forgotten it was still needing to evolve one.

Mrietha

@Mrietha , it depends on what you mean by lowest cost. If you literally mean the cheapest on screen (so you would pick the 30 out of a line-up of 30, 58, 73), then that is not good for progress on the prize line. If you mean the lowest cost per step moved (so with the same line-up, 73 is the best option; 30 gets you one step, 58 gets you 2 at 29 per step, and 73 takes you 3 at 24.3 per step, which is considerably cheaper), then you're doing the best you can and everything else is up to luck. Sorry you're not getting to that last building! :-/
I am picking the cheapest per hoop worth with a chart similar to @Dew Spinner that show's the per hoop value of each choice. So in your example of 30 (1), 58 (2), 73 (3) I would pick 73.

Dew Spinner

I am picking the cheapest per hoop worth with a chart similar to @Dew Spinner that show's the per hoop value of each choice. So in your example of 30 (1), 58 (2), 73 (3) I would pick 73.
Did you notice, that you were frequently getting 3 crappy hoops for progression and were having to pick the lesser of 3 evils, such as 30, 60, 58?

MaidenFair

Chef - Head Philologist
I have often seen a large jump towards the end. Where in the last few days the minimum for silver was too far away from 260 to reasonably get there (assuming a few days left of event currency) to being solidly above 260. I think it is correct to conclude that there is diamond expenditure that is causing this phenomenon,
Yes, Silver and 260 are often very close to each other, and I agree that many players who are in Silver have probably spent diamonds, as a rule. Silver is only the 5% of players who progressed farthest, after all, and 5% of players spending on an event seems like a safe estimate, as does the assumption that more active players are also more likely to have diamonds to spend/be close enough to some coveted goal to make it worth their while.
and therefore, less than 5% of players are receiving enough event currency, without diamonds, to place them at the 260 mark.
However, it may simply mean that less than 5% of players are using their currency wisely enough to get to 260 (which based on Facebook comments, I wouldn't be surprised at all), rather than that less than 5% are receiving enough currency. Achieving Silver is a different matter and much more dependent on luck, because that's mathematically limited by the number of players in each event, and I was attempting to avoid conflating the two.

We can limit the conversation to our main cities and only to events that give set pieces if you would like. It let's us ignore Mama Juul's completely, where 95% of players did not get the final artifact and the 260 mark was in Bronze league.
I was trying to be succinct and avoid a thoroughly detailed post, but I think you misunderstood me. I have two cities. Not counting the very first event in my first city, where I joined part way through an event, this is the first event of any type in either city in which I will not finish evolving/collect all the set pieces without spending diamonds (I don't say hitting 260 because I had one supremely lucky finish in a digging event where I was exactly one shovel short of getting 260 at the end, but Silver serendipitously ended exactly at 259+, which gave me the last building evolution anyway). Let me repeat once more, I freely acknowledge luck clearly played a part in that; however, the fact that my results have been so consistent in over 2 years of gameplay makes me suspect that luck can't be the only factor.

I'm just trying to offer a counterpoint to the negativity, based on my experience. I neither believe that everyone will magically get to 260 if they play the same way I do (luck certainly does play a role, as well as number of times a day a player can check in), nor believe that it's impossible to get to 260 without spending diamonds, while possessing only relatively average luck. These seem to usually be the only two camps represented in discussions of this sort, and I'm trying to present the possibility that there's a third, hopeful option, where 260 may depend somewhat on luck but also be reachable for more players than currently attain it, and I would like to encourage people towards experimenting with different strategies to achieve that, instead of discouraging them from participating by telling them there's nothing they can ever do outside of spending diamonds to improve their results and everything is entirely luck or lots of money. :)

95% of players won't make Silver, there's mathematically no way around that so that's a different conversation. No matter how high the average score becomes, Silver will always be above the vast majority of people. I do suspect more players might be able to hit 260 consistently, however, if they used a different strategy than whatever they're doing that hasn't been getting them there. Would that only be 1 or 2% of players? Certainly possible, perhaps even likely. Might it be significantly more? One can only wonder.

MaidenFair

Chef - Head Philologist
Ah, that's rough. :( If you're using a chart that doesn't factor in currency percentages, maybe you could try using one of those next time? Or conversely, if you are, maybe you'll have better luck choosing the cheapest hoops that ignore the possibility of currency. I hope you get better results next time!!

Dew Spinner

Ah, that's rough. :( If you're using a chart that doesn't factor in currency percentages, maybe you could try using one of those next time? Or conversely, if you are, maybe you'll have better luck choosing the cheapest hoops that ignore the possibility of currency. I hope you get better results next time!!
I didn't think about that problem, a lot of the "best lists" do include the chance to win extra Event Currency...Good Point! That may be hamstringing a multitude of players.

Last edited:

Pheryll

Set Designer
However, it may simply mean that less than 5% of players are using their currency wisely enough to get to 260 (which based on Facebook comments, I wouldn't be surprised at all), rather than that less than 5% are receiving enough currency. Achieving Silver is a different matter and much more dependent on luck, because that's mathematically limited by the number of players in each event, and I was attempting to avoid conflating the two.

My currency reference was to the points accrued to the 260 mark. I think you are referencing the more common currency, that is what you receive from quests and from collecting in your city.

Iyapo

Personal Conductor
I was trying to be succinct and avoid a thoroughly detailed post, but I think you misunderstood me
I totally misunderstood you. What I heard was "I used the same strategy that has worked for me this entire game and...it failed this event". Which lands you in the same boat.

All I am saying is that anyone who hits silver every event is spending diamonds because 95% of players do not hit silver. People should not be made to feel like they are doing something wrong if they don't get silver or if they don't get the last artifact. They can do everything right and not make it.

Some people are claiming that you have to spend money to get silver.
This is true. I might have said that, or given the impression that I think it, I don't. I think that players who are getting silver every single event are spending diamonds. Diamonds don't equal cash, cash is just the fastest way to get them!
As for the percentage pf people who get certain prize levels.... I mean that's life
I completely agree with this. My whole point is that people should not feel bad or like they did something wrong if they are sitting below Silver with the other 95%.

Last edited:

Dew Spinner

Nobody said people are doing something wrong and not everyone who hits Silver is spending diamonds. Some events have weak Grand Prizes that a lot of players don't want, like this one and that keeps Silver League more attainable. I have no problem with someone taking my place in the Silver League because I don't want this set, it sucks, and I am sure a lot of other players in this game feel the same. I would be careful lumping all money spenders in the same group, you last tag line in your signature said something about "sour grapes".

Killy-

There isn't much to do in those kinds of events, just take the best hoops and if you are lucky (win enough currency) you might get into silver without spending diamonds and if you are unlucky, you might not make it to the 260. There isn't much tactic involved, just some mindless clicking and hoping for the best, at least if you just want to go as far as possible (might be a little bit different, if you want to go for some other prices instead, but even there - just figure out what the best hoops are and that's it).

Mrietha

I've managed to finish with 261 points and 3 seahorse food left. I didn't think I would make it.
I also have all the event buildings and some of the extra ones as well. (Thanks to the 73 hoop
I'm in Sinya Arda and should finish in Bronze.
I had not thought about @MaidenFair's point about playing for free currency. I'll have to consider that for the future.
I would like to finish in Silver, but I consider that an unexpected gift.

Should Silver be attainable for anyone? There does need to be a way to reward those who play with more energy and dedication. And while I would like us all to win, we wouldn't be challenged otherwise.