• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Silver level

hvariidh gwendrot

i ended with silver in 3 out of 4 cities .. no money spent .. they were in the upper 290's i waited till the 2nd to last day to do any hooping .. and i said "a long awhile" last post, but it's been a couple years since they made a set event where you could win all the pieces even hitting silver
at least for all the people i play with

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Sadly it's purely a matter of how much event currency you win, and of spacing out event currency spending over the event. I kept between 900 and 1200 going into the second last building, and 450 to 650 going into the last one. There were few surprises. I got silver, probably just, in the city that won over 1700 event currency.

Flashfyre

Two cities, 1 in Fely (oldest, Chap16) and 1 in Khel (youngest, Chap11). Used the same strategy in both (progression, not dailies), finished with 298 in Fely and ended in Bronze, 307 in Khel and ended in Silver.
Difference? My Khel city was marginally luckier in winning free currency from hoops than my Fely city. Both completed all quests by the last day, and in both I picked up similar amounts of currency around the cities.

No diamonds or real money was spent. It's all up to the RNGs. They smile, you win. They frown, well, too bad, so sad.

MaidenFair

Chef - Head Philologist
I totally misunderstood you. What I heard was "I used the same strategy that has worked for me this entire game and...it failed this event". Which lands you in the same boat.
Oh, dear, lol. I must have edited out a key point of my first post and not noticed. XD That’s exactly the opposite of the example I meant to give. What I was trying to say was, “I have always used the same strategy and had uniformly good results, until this event when I tried a different strategy in one city and (presumably as a result of that) wasn’t able to finish the set without diamonds: something I have never experienced with my regular strategy in 2+ years of gameplay.”

What I was trying to avoid was promising that my results weren’t purely lucky, because I obviously can’t prove that. Mathematically, it seems unlikely to me that luck could have been so consistently in my favor, especially since the amount of event currency I win varies wildly from one event to another; therefore, I suspect that strategy has a bigger role in these events than many people would like to admit. However, I acknowledge that’s just an unprovable hunch. :D

My whole point is that people should not feel bad or like they did something wrong if they are sitting below Silver with the other 95%.
Absolutely agree with this. My point was to try to separate the “finishing an event” expectations from the “achieving x level” conversation, because they aren’t necessarily related. I finished in Silver one time without getting the last artefact for a building, and this time I finished in Bronze despite getting the last set piece.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
@elvenbee and @Moho Thanks elvenbee for the clue. I still had to go back and see why I was so confused. In Moho's first post he uses the phrase "16 box system" in a discussion of systems of playing the event. I mistook "system" in the phrase to mean a system of play, not the format. It wasn't that Moho wasn't clear, in context he was, I just got confused.

So thanks for the clarification and initial post.

AJ

Iyapo

Personal Conductor
(starts snickering as I recall silver league cut-off for recent phoenix event and unicorn avatar event)