• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Sorcerers' Homecoming discussion

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
I'm not sad (unless I misunderstood you). I have a chapter two city and I have been concerned about frags and encounters. We'll see how it goes...
No hon I am not suggesting you are sad. It's unfortunate that no direction was given regarding this quest from the Beta staff.

Aritra

No hon I am not suggesting you are sad. It's unfortunate that no direction was given regarding this quest from the Beta staff.
I guess I did misunderstand you. I thought you were lamenting a lack of spell frag quests, which I would not be lamenting because of my young city situation (no spire yet and hardly anything available to disenchant yet).

Lelanya

As was discussed on the Beta forum, and confirmed by one of the CMs there, this quest is purely a text error and is always meant to be Spend 15 KP. I don't even remember it requiring it being in an AW to finish it. At least I do not remember now that I had to spend on an AW.
Lol I missed that post. Luckily for me something good was on the swap threads so I jumped on that.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Lol I missed that post. Luckily for me something good was on the swap threads so I jumped on that.

I went to look for it, but the original bug thread seems to have disappeared, though there is a duplicate report that I was able to post in and ask about this.

Edit: found the original bug report on Beta and it is in the text-error forum, which is not where I was looking. lol

And I must have been remembering wrong about where I spent KP to complete it. Part one of Quest 36 is definitely Invest/Spend 15 KP in any AW,

Last edited:

Lelanya

I went to look for it, but the original bug thread seems to have disappeared, though there is a duplicate report that I was able to post in and ask about this.

Edit: found the original bug report on Beta and it is in the text-error forum, which is not where I was looking. lol

And I must have been remembering wrong about where I spent KP to complete it. Part one of Quest 36 is definitely Invest/Spend 15 KP in any AW,
Thanks hon :)

Soleil Nightbloom

Ok. I can't not ask. "Hon" like Baltimore folks say "down the ocean Hon"? LOL! It took me a while to get used to Maryland grammar.

That tongue prize in the event o_O Is that as weird animated as it looks like it will be? I cleared more than enough space for all of the prizes but not so sure about that one.
It reminds me of Little Shop of Horrors, Lol.

Lelanya

Ok. I can't not ask. "Hon" like Baltimore folks say "down the ocean Hon"? LOL! It took me a while to get used to Maryland grammar.

That tongue prize in the event o_O Is that as weird animated as it looks like it will be? I cleared more than enough space for all of the prizes but not so sure about that one.
I wanted one, had to have one, but now I'm not sure I ever want to see it again. My Beta city is still pretty small, I don't think there is a corner I can avoid looking at it. Ugh.
Edit: The thing is horrible.

Last edited:

DeletedUser27062

This makes me curious about something. For the people who spend money to get diamonds (or otherwise have accumulated a lot of them through past wishing well farms or whatever), do you prefer to be in fellowships with other people who spend money? Does whether your fellows spend money and/or diamonds affect their play as fellowship mates?

I don't plan to buy diamonds at this point because I don't see how it would make the game more fun for me, although I'm willing to spend some trivial amounts at some point if that perception changes. I'm interested to know how buying or not buying diamonds affects my fellows, my neighbors, etc.
I'm not bothered whether my FS mates purchase/use diamonds or not as it doesn't affect my game play or rewards. @Iyapo1 is right in that it may influence rewards in fs where Spire is optional though.
However I have been 'shamed' for spending as though I'm cheating or taking a shortcut and that affected my gaming experience.

OIM20

However I have been 'shamed' for spending as though I'm cheating or taking a shortcut and that affected my gaming experience.
Well, that's just plain silly. The game gives you diamonds to start you off, gives you diamonds for completing quests, gives you diamonds via RNG with the Spire chests, Genie, Wishing Well, Goddess of Wishes (I'm sure there's at least one I'm missing). If they didn't want you to spend it they wouldn't hand it to you like candy during war time - sparingly, but there, just the same. (We all know the sparingly part is because they want you to spend actual money. It's what makes the world go round, and they don't accept beads as payment like was done five centuries and more ago.)

I am sorry that someone felt it necessary to make it seem like a bad thing you used the resources available to you. I spent actual money on the game because I have a policy of supporting developers of games I enjoy playing. They have bills to pay too, and if they can't, then I don't get to play the game I like. So far it was just the once, but I have no shame in admitting I enjoy Elvenar enough to give a small token of financial support to keep the game running.

I'm afraid I'd have probably been very blunt and simply asked them if they thought the servers were free, or if they think the programmers and artists don't eat. That might seem rude, but so is making anyone think that spending their own money on the game, should they choose to do so, as being something reprehensible. It isn't. It's just another way to play.

DeletedUser27062

@crackie

Yes. And the CC relics yes. The relic shift in the tournaments will cost me 120 of each CC relic per 9 week cycle because I pushed harder on my CC relic weeks. I can not sustain push week effort across a 9 week cycle.

It just so happens that this building will supply me with the equivalent of 126 of each CC relic over a 9 week cycle. Which let's me craft on unhindered.

This is a must have for me.

The Pilgrim's Manor (fully linked for max bonus) gives 3 relics per day, that's 21 per week, and 189 after 9 weeks. That's 63 of each kind of relic.

I'm glad they've postponed introducing the changes. Hopefully we'll get a bit more notice when they do decide to roll them out.

Aritra

I wanted one, had to have one, but now I'm not sure I ever want to see it again. My Beta city is still pretty small, I don't think there is a corner I can avoid looking at it. Ugh.
Edit: The thing is horrible.
What's the name of it? I'd like to preview check it out.

Gladiola

@Eudaemonia I think it's unfortunate that people are trying to shame you for buying diamonds that keep the servers running and other good things. I would buy diamonds (a modest amount consistent with my budget) if it were not for the fact that _for me_ I think it would make the game a little less fun, at least for now. Since diamonds are available as prizes pretty consistently I think having an existing diamond stash would reduce the thrill of acquiring them through gameplay. Again, _for me_. Apparently I have an unusual playstyle. Members of my fellowship even commented on it today.

Iyapo1

Pilgrim's Manor (fully linked for max bonus) gives 3 relics per day, that's 21 per week, and 189 after 9 weeks. That's 63 of each kind of relic.
Yes but it also gives me 1 CC per day = 1 of each CC relic.
So I doubled it.
It just so happens that this building will supply me with the equivalent of 126 of each CC relic over a 9 week cycle. Which let's me craft on unhindered.
I bolded in the paste for emphasis

The only reason I want the building is for the CCs. So I get 1 crafted and I throw 75/5 hour timers at the relics. Did I mention I craft a lot?

DeletedUser27062

@Eudaemonia I think it's unfortunate that people are trying to shame you for buying diamonds that keep the servers running and other good things. I would buy diamonds (a modest amount consistent with my budget) if it were not for the fact that _for me_ I think it would make the game a little less fun, at least for now. Since diamonds are available as prizes pretty consistently I think having an existing diamond stash would reduce the thrill of acquiring them through gameplay. Again, _for me_. Apparently I have an unusual playstyle. Members of my fellowship even commented on it today.
When I see your game plan I actually get a bit jealous because that's how I'd like to play - steady and methodical. However, I have ADD and am easily bored so waiting for 27.5 weeks to accrue enough rr to upgrade stuff would put me in a coma. I have a budget I stick to and challenge myself to make the best use of that resource like any other.