• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Spire of Eternity feedback

kctanzen

I guess misunderstood the question you asked.
If the chest appears behind 2 magic gates / sectors from where you are when triggered .. you will have to open both magic gates to the sector where it spawned -- but you don't have to do any of the encounters actually *in* the sector where it spawned.

And if that isn't worth it for what you think it will cost, then simply stop there for the week :)

DeletedUser12171

So many of the comments here are just like the complaints with every event

"I want to do less and get better prizes"

I'd like to propose an alternate thought:

"I don't like being suckered"

I don't care for the prizes. I don't like the idea that a "prize" is offered by only if you "give more". That's nonsense. As I said, DON'T give me that mystery chest at all, if it's going to be done this way. With a tournament average of 7k+ weekly for the past 7 weeks, I think I know a bit about "doing more".

DeletedUser12171

I guess misunderstood the question you asked.

you didn't misunderstand my question, you simply didn't read it properly the first time

And if that isn't worth it for what you think it will cost, then simply stop there for the week :)

this, here, is misunderstanding my comments.

I've said it's not about how much I have to pay (in troops, resources, diamonds, whatever) or even what the prize is but it's in how it's being done. So you play a game, and I say "hey, you won! here's your prize! But first, you have to do more." I don't know how that sits with the average person but it sure doesn't sit well with me.

Shyama1

I like this Spire :)
It allows us to get quickly useful stuff for crafting and for tourneys.

I just don't get why you put a limit of one run per week, for such a short run (if you remove the cooldowns, what's left ? 48 batlles or the equivalent of 12 tourney provinces).

As it is an individual instance, there is no need for official start and end time. I suggest you remove the cooldowns inside levels, and set reasonable cooldowns at the end of each level (like 3h at the end of levels 1 and 2, and 12h at the end of level 3). And let players redo it as often as they want.

Forgot to say, the design is beautiful. Maybe a "congrats window (Awesome!)" at the end of Level 3 would be appropriate. As well as an exit door or portal to the City.

Shyama1

qaccy

@RandomNo. A situation like the one you're in wouldn't really bother me at all. I fully complete level 1 and don't touch anything beyond that, so even if I complete the first encounter and a chest spawns in the final section, I know I'm going to get it eventually. Or in other words, my approach to the current version of the Spire does not allow a chest to end up somewhere I'd have to overextend myself in order to reach it.

Of course, the Spire as a whole is still a massive resource sink compared to the prizes offered, and I wouldn't touch it at all if I wasn't a fighter.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I'd like to propose an alternate thought:

"I don't like being suckered"

I don't care for the prizes. I don't like the idea that a "prize" is offered by only if you "give more". That's nonsense. As I said, DON'T give me that mystery chest at all, if it's going to be done this way. With a tournament average of 7k+ weekly for the past 7 weeks, I think I know a bit about "doing more".
You're only being suckered if you think the game exists for any other reason than to make money for the developers.

DeletedUser4194

@Fairy Dust

another idiotic feature I found out today:

in one of the encounters in the 1st sector of the current stage I'm on, I got the message "a mystical object has appeared". This mystical object, however, was located in the 3rd sector. So I not only have to wait for two sets of doors to open, I also have to fight/convince through one more set of encounters to reach the 3rd sector.

this Spire thing is pissing me off to the point I am not going to buy more diamonds, despite having willingly spent several hundreds of dollars on the game thus far. I even passed over a 100% bonus offer a few days ago, because the only things worth spending money on so far are BH, MA, magic res/ws and expansions (up to a certain point only, not when they get idiotically expensive). most sane people will spend money if they deem it to good value, but this simply isn't it.

so there.

Thank you for your input! Will definitely be forwarded for review!

DeletedUser19458

I think I'm in a small minority, but I replayed the spire this week after hating it last week. Just level 1 ... and it wasn't so bad. I'm a fighting city, I got myself up to the first boss and killed them (3 waves ... interesting challenge in manual fighting which I enjoyed).

I still don't like the same fighting maps/enemies as provinces (it makes no sense!), and squad sizes are still too large for my liking, but .. I got "ok" rewards and my troop losses weren't that bad just the last level including the last boss knocked me down maybe 15 squads of total troops.

DeletedUser12171

You're only being suckered if you think the game exists for any other reason than to make money for the developers.
I don't believe the game exists out of purely altruistic reasons. That would be unrealistic.

I also don't consider myself to be a "rose-tinted glasses" kind of guy, but neither am I a "glass is always half-empty" person.

I believe in getting paid fairly for my work and paying others fairly for their work. I don't find it an issue to pay for entertainment, within a certain budget.

if by that definition I am a "sucker" to you, that's okay, because it doesn't bother me.

Last edited by a moderator:

kctanzen

First week in Live (unless you were a Beta player or avidly keeping up with Beta feedback threads) things were completely brand new and unexpected.
But you almost certainly would have noticed that chests can spawn randomly on the floor, sometimes behind you in an open section, sometimes ahead of you with other encounters and magic gates to open.

Second week -- shouldn't really expect that mechanic to change.

So, to paraphrase what my cross country coach would tell us in high school ---
Us: "Coach, it hurts when I do that."
Coach: "Then don't do that!!"

Same thing applies to the Spire --- we have a pretty good understanding that it is costly in troops / treasure beyond the first floor .. from personal observation and feedback threads. If you don't like or want to absorb the costs that might be required to get things, JUST LEAVE IT THE HECK ALONE.

Use the resources in the tourney which has a pretty well established risk / reward ratio.

DeletedUser12171

First week in Live (unless you were a Beta player or avidly keeping up with Beta feedback threads) things were completely brand new and unexpected.
But you almost certainly would have noticed that chests can spawn randomly on the floor, sometimes behind you in an open section, sometimes ahead of you with other encounters and magic gates to open.

Second week -- shouldn't really expect that mechanic to change.

So, to paraphrase what my cross country coach would tell us in high school ---
Us: "Coach, it hurts when I do that."
Coach: "Then don't do that!!"

Same thing applies to the Spire --- we have a pretty good understanding that it is costly in troops / treasure beyond the first floor .. from personal observation and feedback threads. If you don't like or want to absorb the costs that might be required to get things, JUST LEAVE IT THE HECK ALONE.

Use the resources in the tourney which has a pretty well established risk / reward ratio.

this is going to be the last time I address you, because you clearly don't get my point.

I have no issue SPENDING resources. I spend MILLIONS of GOODS and HUNDREDS of SQUADS per tournament. I have also spent, to date, several 100s of USD on the game. If you do a search on my posts, you will also find that long ago I have already said, the only wasted resource is the one that doesn't get used.

My issue is DON'T AWARD A PRIZE ("a mystery chest has appeared!") and THEN tell me I can't get it UNLESS I spend MORE. So what if it was this way on Beta? I'm giving feedback that this feature is NOT GOOD. I don't play Beta but if I did, I'd have given the same feedback, so what exactly is your point?

FYI, I have already cleared two full STAGES of the Spire since I first posted about this issue 12 hours ago. I only stopped because I ran out of time instants to open the next door. So if you're still harping on the "don't do it if it's too COSTLY for you" theory, you, sir, are not understanding a THING of what I'm saying.

Stop being so full of yourself and GET A CLUE.

Last edited by a moderator:

Buttrflwr

Guys, Inno goes by stats. If you don't like the spire in it's current ratio of Cost vs Reward, THEN STOP PLAYING IT. They won't change it if stats continue to show that peeps are playing it, thereby saying they are OK WITH THE COSTS. Just like if someone cooks you something you hate, and you keep eating it all, then you are telling them you LOVE it! And they will keep cooking it thinking that you LOVE it! It's pretty simple, stop yelling about what you don't like, but continuing to interact with it.
Don't get me wrong, I am not calling for a "boycott" of the Spire, though that's pretty much what many of us did on Beta, and they DID change it a LOT! You should have seen the costs when they first introduced it. EGADS! What I am saying is that if you don't like it, but continue to play it, what are you telling Inno? They are NOT going to dump this spire, nor do I want them to. I LIKE the concept, and the bldg is beautiful, but there are things that need to be changed. A SMALL portal profit for finishing the final level of the Spire is just an insult.
  • So, cost vs reward needs to be adjusted.
  • Squad sizes are INSANE in the upper lvls. Those of us who upgraded our AW are now being SERIOUSLY penalized for it. :( Where is the fairness in that?
  • Mystery chests we have ALREADY won should be in the same level, or behind us, not locked three gates ahead.
  • The timers are a bit ridic, but that is doable with speed ups....IF you have them
  • The convince option needs to be seriously modified. SERIOUSLY:
  1. Stop taking goods that aren't needed,
  2. increase the number of guesses, because that's what they are, guesses, in the upper lvls when there are 5 or more goods to pick from
  3. Have the guards outside, or the ghosts inside, give us a puzzle to solve about what is needed. Make it more interactive, not just willy nilly trial and error in making the right guesses.
That is my 25 cents worth.
Have a great day!

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Well, it looks like Inno looked at some of the complaints and applied them to only the first floor, maybe. While is seemed a lot easier this week than last week, and the prizes in the chests at the second and third blue portals were definitely improved, it looks like the second floor was unchanged. The door behind the first boss finally counted down and opened for me and I scanned over the different chests and nothing looked better than what I remember of last week. And the first fight of the second floor is almost the same too, with my and the enemy squad sizes only about 100 higher than it was last week, but that change could just be for me, as I added a few AW levels in between.

Vergazi

So bottom line - having a mystery chest appear but unaccessible until I clear more stuff is un-fun. I'd rather it had NOT appeared.
I'm almost 100% sure that this happened to me and I was able to click on the chest. Also, it said a mystery chest spawned and it was nowhere to be seen once. So maybe it spawned in the area behind me that I had already been in? idk. I'll watch for thjis again and try to get a screenshot or some such if it happens again.

kctanzen

My comments about and view on this new feature, given the limited information I have about it at the moment, is that each floor to the boss level, is one mini event unto itself. We know that the first floor is pretty manageable. It seems that the higher floors are still costly. We know that bonus chests, if and when they appear, can be at any point on that floor. I have seen a screenshot showing an amazing chest spawn in the first section after the first encounter which has rewards comparable to the final boss chest, including the genie.

Instead of weighing the benefit / gambling chance to me of chest to chest ... or even gate to gate, I'm looking at the value i might get from opening all the gates to the boss, not necessarily clearing the boss area, so that any bonus chests which spawn (those seem to have the best goodies in them from what I have seen) are going to be available. Unless it is late enough in the week that I can't wait for the timers to get to the boss area, there isn't any harm in my waiting for the next section to open.

Apologies for being unable to make my views more clearly stated earlier in this thread and in addition, I am not a skilled debater or math wizard.
I try to see what works for me and share that with other folks so they can make up their own mind about it or offer suggestions to help me along.