• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Stash Outpost - Don't Waste Your Money

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
If you tab out of the active tab, or keep the app open on the background those popups might not come.
I think it’s because if you leave the tab open but not active, the clocks go whacky and need to catch up. For example, if you make brews and check back after a few minutes, even though they are ready, when you check the clock in the workshop, it might show 3 mins left but count down 30s at a time instead of 1s, then exponentially speed up really fast until it is done. I imagine the little donkey’s clocks end up playing catch-up too when you return to a background tab. But agree, I have seen currency drops simultaneously pop up at the same time with two windows open all the time though.

Anecdotally, I think they did nerf the city currency drops this event. Someone asked in the Q&A, which means they experienced/observed that in Beta. I am noticing mostly 1 donkey in my city pickups too. At least 2 people have posted it in the forums.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
@CrazyWizard are they also the same amount? 1s 2s 3s in all cities?
I don't know if they are the same in all cities, but I do (almost) remember that the odds from the game files are
  • 1/14 = 3
  • 4/14 = 2
  • 9/14 = 1
(the first one I'm 90% confident on, the other two not so much)

It would be strange to make it random and then give everyone the same result though, so my guess would be no.

Deleted User - 1178646

I don't know if they are the same in all cities, but I do (almost) remember that the odds from the game files are
  • 1/14 = 3
  • 4/14 = 2
  • 9/14 = 1
(the first one I'm 90% confident on, the other two not so much)

It would be strange to make it random and then give everyone the same result though, so my guess would be no.
Indeed the moment is the same not the amount. in my experience on a daily basis the amount is pretty much always the same.
30 currency on 24 drops or so not sure if that corresponds with your numbers. it's too late and I am not in the mood to do calculations.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
This is a personal observation.
For the last two events the drops occurred at a slightly higher frequency than normal. For example. When the event runs on Beta only I load this city first and last. It might be, at most, 3 hours between first and last check before work. There should be 3 drops, maybe 4, in the city, right? But often there were 5 or 6.
At work, especially if, tourney launched for example, and I've been waiting on a Gain x relics followed by Solve x Encounters, I may check at lunch from my phone. So now it'd be, 2 hours since I left the house, so at most 3 drops, but there'd be 4 or 5.
Now. I count, 6 drops, ok. Conduct business in the city, etc., check before I leave, maybe grab 1 to 2 more, so it defies imagination that I missed any, day after day. But yet, there were more than 1 an hour, 1 at the top of the hour, 1 per session because I forced a reload, especially during Winter Magic, but also some more than usual during Sorcerers as well.
Whenever this happens, and the next event conforms to the once per hour plus one extra, folks always complain that they are not getting the drops per hour.
Do I say anything at the time? No. Because of the @#&! KPs that I feel I am owed for nerfed Wonders. Because of the insulting way we are treated by staff (the EN server is horribly staffed right now, used to be the US one). I could go on. And maybe, this is working as intended. I just remember to check more carefully when the drop rate is higher, and to always advocate for visibility of the drops.

Edit: the two ladies running the show here on the US server are to be commended for raising the bar and cleaning up the bad rep that staff here had promoted, back in 17 and 18.

DeletedUser27062

So after leaving the game over night, in one world without the stash outpost I got six, the world with the stash outpost I got four. My computer was turned off over night and I was away from the game seven hours so collecting six makes sense but the four... makes you wonder.
I've been recording EC drops across several cities to see how much currency drops. On average a players who collects every 3-4 hours can expect 24-32 EC per day. The longer you go between collections the less you get.

I suspect that the algorithm randomly selects a drop location and drop amount (1-3 EC) but if that spot is occupied the drop doesn't happen. In addition to this I believe dropped currency has an expiration - that is to say, if you don't collect within 6hrs for example that the drop disappears.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser27062

Indeed the moment is the same not the amount. in my experience on a daily basis the amount is pretty much always the same.
30 currency on 24 drops or so not sure if that corresponds with your numbers. it's too late and I am not in the mood to do calculations.

I don't think EC drops at the same time for everyone and even though you got notifications within minutes of opening each of your worlds doesn't mean drops are timed the same for everyone.

I just went through all my cities and every single one got a notification that provisions had been dropped. I counted the number of donkeys and how much currency I gained before moving on to another city. A couple of cities I left the provisions uncollected for my 'disappearing EC' experiment. Those cities each had six donkeys with unknown amounts of EC. I went back to all cities 1.5 hours after my first check and again I got notified of EC dropping - even in the city that already had six donkeys. Im not sure what the deal is with that but I'll keep watching.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
don't think EC drops at the same time for everyone and even though you got notifications within minutes of opening each of your worlds doesn't mean drops are timed the same for everyone.
Not just initial opening each of your world. If you leave two windows open for awhile, you will see the notification appear on both screens at same time. I usually have my cities idling on second monitor. I see this happen a lot and my cities are in different markets. So either it’s same time for everyone or same time if you are in your city?

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
For me, I would say like 26 or 27 currency on 24 drops. But since I got plenty of orc ships, which is what I really wanted, I'm happy anyway.

DeletedUser27062

Not just initial opening each of your world. If you leave two windows open for awhile, you will see the notification appear on both screens at same time. I usually have my cities idling on second monitor. I see this happen a lot and my cities are in different markets. So either it’s same time for everyone or same time if you are in your city?

Ok, I'm gonna try this on separate devices and see what happens.
From my observations I received EC notifications as follows:
Cera 2:51am
Sin A 2:53am
Khel 2:55 am
Eck 2:59 am
Fely 3:02 am
Win 3:10 am
Aren 3:13 am

Deleted User - 1178646

Ok, I'm gonna try this on separate devices and see what happens.
From my observations I received EC notifications as follows:
Cera 2:51am
Sin A 2:53am
Khel 2:55 am
Eck 2:59 am
Fely 3:02 am
Win 3:10 am
Aren 3:13 am
You are comparing apples with pears.

You should check 7 accounts on sera, each of them get it at the same time.

It makes total sense that they stagger them on servers and worlds because having 1 action be done on 22 servers and 50 or so worlds would be a great way to crash them all.

DeletedUser27062

You are comparing apples with pears.

You should check 7 accounts on sera, each of them get it at the same time.

It makes total sense that they stagger them on servers and worlds because having 1 action be done on 22 servers and 50 or so worlds would be a great way to crash them all.
It's not staggered. The notifications are individualised. What's more, you'll be notified that provisions have dropped even if they haven't dropped NEW provisions. I just tested this out. I get notified every time I log into my city, literally 1 minute apart but I'm not getting more provisions. I even screen recorded it

Deleted User - 1178646

It's not staggered. The notifications are individualised. What's more, you'll be notified that provisions have dropped even if they haven't dropped NEW provisions. I just tested this out. I get notified every time I log into my city, literally 1 minute apart but I'm not getting more provisions. I even screen recorded it
if you get that popup after for example loging in or returning from the world map to your city then you fortgot to pick up some in your city somewhere. and if it isnt visual you should reload city.

And your own post said they are staggered, because you said they werent dropping at the same time on all worlds.
Now you are saying it ain't true?

what is it?

Fayeanne

What's more, you'll be notified that provisions have dropped even if they haven't dropped NEW provisions.

Yes, this has been true for some time. At least on the browser. Any time you load into your city you will receive the notification if any provisions exist, whether they just dropped or whether they were left there because you missed picking them up before. This includes entering your city from the world map and from the technology window. Basically anywhere where you see the load screen.

One easy way to check if you missed any drops is to open your technology tree then close it. If you get the notification upon returning to your city, you overlooked something somewhere.

BrinDarby

Drops Capp @ 6, if u have 6 you won't get more but they
don't magically dissappear after Xhrs. Pretty sure its 2 per hour,
altho it might be 3.... so if you collect goods every 3 hrs.... then
test that.... Let drops Max, then when collecting a 3hr manu, also
collect your 6 drops.... after the next 3 hrs when u collect manu
again, then go check drops to see how many u got in 3 hrs.
My guess is you'll be capp'd @ 6 again.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Drops Capp @ 6, if u have 6 you won't get more but they
don't magically dissappear after Xhrs. Pretty sure its 2 per hour,
altho it might be 3.... so if you collect goods every 3 hrs.... then
test that.... Let drops Max, then when collecting a 3hr manu, also
collect your 6 drops.... after the next 3 hrs when u collect manu
again, then go check drops to see how many u got in 3 hrs.
My guess is you'll be capp'd @ 6 again.

Six is the max that will ever be on the screen at a time, but every time an hour, or however long the interval really is, passes, one of the old spawns will disappear and be replaced by a new one. I have watched it happen more than once in previous events. I am about to click on a spawn, the message about a new spawn appears on the screen, and the one I was about to click on has disappeared and been replaced by a new one in a different location.

Fiona Selah

To be honest, I have been playing this game for a year now, @Alawishas, and I have never run into a more professional staff. The tickets are answered quickly and every time I've needed help I have received it and been very grateful. But first I have to check myself to see if I am being reasonable in my response if I'm upset about something. I like to give Inno a chance at solving my problem first.

The reason I picked my last name, Selah, is because it means to pause and reflect. I can be impulsive, one of my weaknesses. I don't like it, so I work hard at pausing and thinking before I over react. So I will ask that you give them a chance to look at your problem.

Selah my friend

DeletedUser27062

if you get that popup after for example loging in or returning from the world map to your city then you fortgot to pick up some in your city somewhere. and if it isnt visual you should reload city.

And your own post said they are staggered, because you said they werent dropping at the same time on all worlds.

what is it?

There seems to be a miscommunication.

if you get that popup after for example loging in or returning from the world map to your city then you fortgot to pick up some in your city somewhere.
- Yes, that's what I meant when I said "What's more, you'll be notified that provisions have dropped even if they haven't dropped NEW provisions.".

Context matters here. You used the term staggered to mean staged/planned EC drops deliberately designed to occur consecutively across worlds - which is not happening according to my observations across multiple accounts and worlds. I received EC on one account at 6:46 am but did not receive EC in the other two worlds I was watching (one of which was the same account/dif world and the other was a dif account/same world). It was 45 minutes before one of those other cities received EC.

I hope this clears things up.